Tweetdeck | 2016

DMH

image.png.f610bd04ce12dacccda09207808fbbf3.png

Q1, 2016

(RL - 02/28/2024)

Gun Violence in America

@ABC News - Nation Under Fire: The Rise of Gun Violence in 2015 The most searched topic of the year: shootings in America. 2015 was marked by an alarming frequency of gun violence incidents, capturing the nation's attention and igniting debates across political and social spectrums. LINK

@Joy Ann Reid - A white man with a gun is more dangerous to black Americans than anything else. Period.

@Ben Shapiro - What’s worse is that we have left ideologues who will completely ignore illegal immigrants and terrorists killing Americans.

@Rachel Maddow - The Planned Parenthood attack in Colorado Springs was an attack on women's rights. We must protect access to healthcare and stand against violence.

@Chris Hayes - Each shooting in 2015, from Charleston to San Bernardino, was a tragedy that could have been prevented. It's time for action on gun control, hate crime legislation, and mental health support.

@Charlie Kirk - San Bernardino and Chattanooga, underscore the need for strong national security and immigration controls. We must protect our citizens.

@Rand Paul - San Bernardino was a wake-up call to the threat of homegrown terrorism. We need policies that prioritize the safety of Americans and vetting processes that work.

@Sean Hannity - A lack of border security is UNAMERICAN!

National Transgender Bathroom Debate

@POLITICO - The Year People Fought Over Bathrooms: The landscape of transgender care and awareness in 2015 highlighted a shift towards greater understanding and support for transgender individuals, amidst a broader cultural recognition of the complexity of gender identity. ARTICLE

image.png.b9bfa043f3fe048514af8f731d22c05a.png

Q1, 2016

(RL - 02/29/2024)

North Carolina HB2

@The News & Observer - North Carolina Republicans are expected to move forward later this month with the Public Facilities Privacy & Security Act. HB2 would, among other things, require that transgender individuals use the bathroom of their birth gender in public accommodations.

@Governor PatMcCrory - I called on the North Carolina Legislature to enter a special session because the Charlotte City Council changed basic long-established values and norms and put women and children at risk. HB2 is necessary to keep North Carolinians safe.

@Rosie O'Donnell - Fascist clowns like Pat McCrory are more interested in your genitalia than improving your life! Talk about a schmuck! HB2 is hateful and must be rejected in North Carolina and states around the country.

@Franklin Graham - America turned away from Christ’s message in 2015 when it made same sex marriage the law of the land. We must protect our women and children. I applaud Governor McCrory and call on all believers to stand in support of HB2.

@Human Rights Campaign - Pat McCrory and North Carolina Republicans have declared open war on transgender Americans over where they can go to the bathroom. It’s wrong and the country knows it. We encourage our partners to stand in solidarity with the LGBT community and demand North Carolina rejected HB2.

@Family Research Council - The next Republican presidential nominee must oppose transgenderism and the harm it can cause to our children. Stand with our kids. Stand with HB2.

@Caitlyn Jenner - I’ve been a card-carrying member of the Republican Party all my life. 2015 was a turning point for America on LGBT rights. HB2 is misguided and wrong. My party is better than this.

@The News & Observer - North Carolina Republicans Set to Consider Transgender Bathroom Ban in Upcoming Special Session: ARTICLE

Trans-Pacific Partnership

@U.S. Chamber of Commerce - The TPP is critical to the United States as economic growth and job creation at home depends on our ability to sell American goods globally. We urge Congress to support the TPP.

@AFL-CIO - American workers have been on the short end of the stick time and time again when it comes to free trade. TPP poses yet another risk to jobs right here in the USA.

@Jeb Bush - Republicans have always stood as defenders of free trade. The benefits of free trade and global engagement cannot be understated. TPP will benefit America, our allies, and take the fight to China’s backyard.

@Robert Reich - TPP is a betrayal of the American Worker. The Obama Administration should have never pursued policy that would disproportionately impact our struggling working class for the sake of transnational corporations. This deal must be rejected.

@NLRB - The NLRB does not participate in trade negotiations.

@Candace Owens - I love seeing libs own other libs for the disaster we call TPP.

@Governor Mike Pence - Republicans have stood strongly for free trade since the days of Reagan/Bush. We cannot turn our back on our party values. Free trade means more jobs and more growth.

Nebraska Death Penalty Amendment

@Omaha World-Herald - Nebraskans will vote in the fall on a ballot measure that, if passed, would reinstate the death penalty in the Cornhusker State. Governor Pete Ricketts has reportedly donated significant funding to make the ballot measure possible.

@Governor Pete Ricketts - I stand by my overridden veto of the death penalty abolition legislation passed by the Nebraska Legislature. This issue is best settled by Nebraskans themselves, not politicians in Lincoln.

@Innocence Project - The death penalty is broken. Our work is a testament to the fact that innocent people are being condemned to death by the state. We oppose efforts to reinstate the death penalty in Nebraska.

U.S. Border Security

@Texas Tribune - Senator Benjamin Pinnacle sets his sights on border security as he meet with immigration officials to discuss numerous topics dealing with illegal immigration, pushing for "the President and Congress" to "get together to protect our souther border."

Camilo deSonido (I-CA) 2016 Democratic Primary Campaign Launch 

@LA Times - BREAKING: Independent Senator Camilo Jabari deSonido announces campaign for 2016 Democratic Presidential Nomination.

@Marianne Williamson - I've had the fortune of meeting Senator deSonido from time to time and have always been impressed by his candor and vision. We need an independent voice! I'm proud to support his campaign for President!

@Donna Brazile - I prefer my party nominee actually be a Democrat.

Charles Walker (R-CA) 2016 Republican Primary Campaign Launch 

@LA Times - BREAKING: Retired General Charles Walker announced 2016 Republican primary campaign.

@General Jack Keane - Charles Walker is a true American patriot. I’m proud to support my friend and former fellow Fox contributor. Less hope, more results!

Diane Delorean (R-NE) 2016 Republican Primary Campaign Launch 

@Omaha World-Herald - BREAKING: Nebraska Senator Diane Delorean announced Republican presidential campaign in Omaha.

@Congressman Jeff Fortenberry - I’ve known Senator Delorean and I can say with certainty that she’s one tough cookie ready to take on Washington!

Republican Party Twitter Feud

@George Will - Republicans as of late would do well to remember Reagan’s 11th Commandment.

@Steve Bannon - We’ve been following Reagan’s 11th Commandment and what did that get us? Barack Obama and socialized healthcare. It’s time to call the posers out for what they are!

image.png.a1420ef999febc78f081a1238c6a212b.png

Q1, 2016

(RL - 03/01/2024)

Julius Tuck (D-IN) 2016 Democratic Primary Campaign Launch

@Indianapolis Star - BREAKING: Former Democratic Governor and Ambassador to Kenya Julius Tuck announces 2016 presidential campaign.

@Congressman Andre Carson - Julius Tuck is the real deal with the administrative and foreign policy experience we need. Proud to support my friend JT!

John Carlsen (D-IN) 2016 Democratic Primary Campaign Launch

@Indianapolis Star - BREAKING: Indiana Democratic Senator John Carlsen has announced a bid for the presidency in 2016.

@Congressman Pete Visclosky - John Carlsen understands that we need a leader who can deliver results on day one. John has my vote and I hope he has yours.

Doug Murphy (D-WI) 2016 Democratic Primary Campaign Launch

@Milwaukee Journal Sentinel - BREAKING: Wisconsin Senator Doug Murphy announces campaign for the 2016 Democratic presidential nomination.

@Congressman Ron Kind - Doug gets what working people in America need. The choice to me isn’t even close. Glad to support my friend and fellow Wisconsinite!

Diego Everhart (D-PA) 2016 Democratic Primary Campaign Launch

@Pittburgh Post Gazette - BREAKING: Diego Everhart, Senator from Pennsylvania, announces bid for the Democratic nomination in 2016.

@Congressman Brendan Boyle - Diego Everhart has been a tireless champion for the commonwealth and will bring a bold and progressive vision to the White House!

George Kuykendall (R-CO) 2016 Republican Primary Campaign Launch 

@Denver Post - BREAKING: Republican Senator George Kuykendall announces 2016 campaign for the Republican presidential nomination. Senator Kuykendall was recently elected in 2014.

@Congressman Ken Buck - George Kuykendall tells it like it is and holds true to conservative values. Let’s get George to the White House.

Elizabeth McCord (R-SC) 2016 Republican Primary Campaign Launch 

@The Post & Courier - BREAKING: South Carolina Senator Katherine McCord announces campaign for the 2016 Republican presidential nomination.

@Congressman Tom Rice - If you want a dedicated conservative patriot who will defend our Constitution, look no further than Katherine McCord.

Nolan Stokes (D-MD) Endorses Camilo deSonido (I-CA) for President

@Baltimore Sun - Maryland Senator Nolan Stokes announces endorsement of Independent California Senator Camilo deSonido for the 2016 Democratic nomination.

@Congresswoman Donna Edwards - Senator deSonido has doubters out there but he’s the real deal! Progressives have a champion in deSonido in 2016!

image.png.d7421f3b3f57899b9c7a72ecc04cb3f3.png

Q1, 2016

(RL - 03/02/2024)

DNC Floated 2016 Primary Loyalty Pledge

@CNN Politics - LOYALTY PLEDGE?: DNC members are actively considering a loyalty pledge for all 2016 Democratic presidential primary candidates. (1/2)

@CNN Politics - This comes after Senator Heather James (D-WA) made a public appeal to DNC Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-FL) that would ask candidates to pledge to support the nominee and run as a Democrat. (2/2)

@Donna Brazile - If you’re going to run for the Democratic nomination for President, you best run as a Democrat.

@Robert Reich - Democrats have been a big-tent party for decades. A loyalty pledge is arbitrary at best and anti-democratic at the worst!

@RealClearPolitics - Talk of Loyalty Pledge Within Democratic Primary Field Divides Opinion: ARTICLE

@James Carville - If any of these Democratic candidates decide to be a bonehead and not support the eventual nominee, they can kiss their career goodbye!

@Donna Brazile - Democratic voters have the right to vote for a Democrat in November. That shouldn't be crazy to say in 2016 but apparently it is.

@Kyle Kulinski - We can all see what the DNC is trying to do. Camilo deSonido is the only candidate impacted by the loyalty pledge and its because he has a progressive vision out of step with the DNC!

@Larry Sabato - A loyalty pledge's impact on the Democratic primary could be interesting. It's clear voters want to make sure the eventual nominee isn't hampered by a nasty primary.

@Charles Krauthammer - I think the RNC would be making a miscalculation not considering a loyalty pledge of their own. McCain and Romney were both hampered by nasty primaries and its a proposal that should be taken seriously.

@Jon Meacham - The last time Democrats ran a non-Democrat for President was 1872 when Liberal Republican newspaper editor Horace Greeley was nominated to face President Ulysses S. Grant. Greeley died roughly two weeks following the election.

@Jake Tapper - Little doubt the loyalty pledge floated by Senator Heather James could have an impact on the state of the race if the DNC decides to propose it.

David Rollins (R-NE) 2016 Republican Primary Campaign Launch 

@Omaha World-Herald - BREAKING: Senator David Rollins of Nebraska announces 2016 Republican Presidential Campaign.

@Congressman Adrian Smith - David Rollins understands rural America better than anyone. After eight years of destruction under Barack Obama, it’s time for real change. Proud to support my good friend!

President Obama Authorizes Federal Emergency For Flint, MI

@MSNBC - BREAKING: President Obama declares a federal emergency in Flint, freeing up to $5 million in federal aid to immediately assist with the public health crisis following lead contamination of the city water supply.

@NBC News - Governor Rick Snyder's request for a disaster declaration has been rejected as the White House argues that federal law mandates only natural disasters as eligible for disaster declarations. The crisis in Flint is viewed as a manmade catastrophe.

@Governor Rick Snyder - I appreciate the President taking action to help the people of Flint. I have pledged to use all state resources possible to help heal Flint, and these additional resources will greatly assist in efforts under way.

@Congressman Dan Kildee - I welcome the president’s quick action in support of the people of Flint after months of inaction by the governor. We must help Flint recover from this terrible manmade disaster created by the state.

@Al Sharpton - Rick Snyder and the other white men running the state of Michigan sat on their butts as Flint suffered for months before finally requesting federal aid. Shameful! Shameful! Shameful!

@Jesse Watters - Liberals can't help themselves making everything about race! Flint is getting the help it needs and they still make it about politics.

@Cenk Uygur - President Obama should have sent aid months ago. We all knew Snyder would drop the ball, so why did it take Obama so long to pick it up!

@CNN Politics - The crisis in Flint, Michigan could become a talking point for 2016 campaigns up and down the ballot as the nation grapples more stories of a a broken infrastructure system, placing communities all across the nation at risk.

@Detroit Free Press - Michigan Senator Alex Fakhouri calls for a national response to the Flint water crisis following declaration of federal emergency.

image.png.1b5fc8515291e26f9ac2ebf4276bcfb3.png

Q1, 2016

(RL - 03/03/2024)

Xiomara de la Cruz (D-TX) 2016 Democratic Primary Campaign Launch

@Texas Tribune - BREAKING: Houston Mayor Xiomara de la Cruz announces 2016 presidential campaign for the Democratic nomination.

@Mayor Ivy Taylor - As a fellow Texas mayor, I am proud to support my friend, Xiomara de la Cruz, because she has led the city of Houston with candor and dedication. Local politicians get it done!

Armed Militia Protestors Occupy Wildlife Sanctuary in Oregon

@Fox News - BREAKING: Armed Militia Protestors Occupy Wildlife Sanctuary in Oregon: ARTICLE

@CNN - Occupiers have claimed that the spark of this occupation was the treatment of two area ranchers convicted of federal land arson, who they believed were wrongly convicted.

@MSNBC - The men at the center of this occupation, Dwight and Steven Dwight Hammond, father and son, have stated that they do not want the assistance of protestors.

@NBC News - Occupiers have also stated that this occupation is meant to advance their view that the federal government is constitutionally required to turn over most of the federal public land they manage to individual states and that the federal government encroaches on the rights of ranchers.

@Governor Kate Brown - What started as a peaceful and legal protest has become unlawful. It was instigated by outsiders whose tactics we Oregonians don't agree with. State and local authorities will work to mediate this issue peacefully.

@Jim Acosta - The White House has stated that the FBI is currently monitoring the ongoing occupation of the wildlife refuge in Harney County, Oregon and is coordinating with state and local authorities.

@Bret Baier - Ammon Bundy, the leader of this occupation, is the son of rancher Cliven Bundy who was the central figure a standoff two years ago in Nevada involving unpaid grazing fees on federally-owned public land.

@Jake Tapper - Worth noting that various far-right militias, such as the 3 Percenters and Oath Keepers, are part of this occupation of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge.

Katrina Valdez (D-VA) Endorses Doug Murphy (D-WI) for President

@Richmond Times-Dispatch - Virginia Senator Katrina Valdez endorses Senator Doug Murphy of Wisconsin for the 2016 Democratic nomination.

@Congressman Gerry Connolly - I think Doug Murphy's unique appeal to working class voters will be instrumental to holding the White House in 2016. Proud to support him.

Some Democratic Candidates Express Openness to Local Control of Federal Land

@Larry Sabato - Curious to see some Democratic candidates give credence to the argument of local control of federal land. Could become a wedge issue in early states with rural voters.

@Kyle Kulinski - I think Democrats would be idiots to ignore a dissatisfied voter group that would benefit from a progressive approach to policy. It's worth hearing their concerns.

@Sean Hannity - Some Democrats pretending to care about rural communities after eight years of neglect under Barack Obama is a new low. They'd create a federal agency to regulate the air you breathe if they could!

Alex Fakhouri (D-MI) Undecided; Will Endorse Before Michigan Primary

@Detroit Free Press - Sources close to Michigan Senator Alex Fakhouri indicate that he is undecided on who he will support but is expected to make a decision before the Michigan primary.

@Jake Tapper - Senator Fakhouri could in particular be a key figure in moving the small but increasingly influential Muslim American community in Michigan towards a specific candidate come primary day.

@Steve Bannon - Patriots in Michigan should watch closely to see how Fakhouri endorses. Dangerous times we are living in for the West.

Nathan Cohen (D-MA) Endorses Doug Murphy (D-WI) for President

@Boston Globe - Massachusetts Democratic Senator Nathan Cohen endorses Wisconsin Senator Doug Murphy for President.

@Stephen Lynch - As a former union man myself, I believe Doug Murphy is the candidate who will best serve the interests of working Americans. He’s got my vote.

Nolan Stokes (D-MD) Makes Case to MSNBC Against Loyalty Pledge

@MSNBC - Senator Nolan Stokes of Maryland makes his case against the floated DNC loyalty pledge: SPIN ZONE

@Kyle Kulinski - I think Senator Stokes hit the nail on the head by openly calling out that this loyalty pledge singularly impacts the deSonido campaign. Don't let up!

@Donna Brazile - I've still yet to hear a compelling argument for why Democrats shouldn't nominate a Democrat for the fall.

Douglas Butcher (R-LA) Criticizes Camilo deSonido (I-CA) For Having A "Psychotic Level of Ambition" Due to Age

@The Advocate - Senator Douglas Butcher (R-LA) attacks Democratic presidential primary candidate Camilo deSonido (I-CA) as having a “almost psychotic level of ambition” due to his young age in running for President at the Rotary Club of New Orleans: PR

@Jesse Watters - It does take a certain level of psychotic ambition for someone just elected in 2012 to think they can just waltz into the WH. Remember the last guy to do that: Barack Obama!

@Cenk Uygur - Supporting a Democrat over the Klan in 1991 isn’t exactly the flex Senator Butcher seems to think it is. Not exactly brave by any standard!

@Rolling Stone - Google searches for Hamilton, the hit musical on Broadway, receive a bounce following Alexander Hamilton and Aaron Burr being mentioned by prominent elected officials.

@Lin Manuel Miranda - Aaron Burr, sir

Andrew Clarke (D-MO) Announces Support For Nebraska Reinstitution of Death Penalty On The Kelly File

@Fox News - Senator Andrew Clarke (D-MO) comes out in favor of Nebraska reinstating the death penalty on the Kelly File: SPIN ZONE

@Governor Pete Ricketts - I may not agree with Andrew Clarke on everything but I welcome his support to let the people of Nebraska decide on the death penalty and not a small number of people in Lincoln.

@Nebraska Democratic Party - We are disappointed to see fellow Democrat Andrew Clarke of Missouri support the pet project of Pete Ricketts that defies the will of voters over a humane criminal justice system.

• Like 1

image.png.201aa2ae5b185024ea11106aa82e6055.png

Q1, 2016

(RL - 03/04/2024)

Camilo deSonido (I-CA) Addresses Possible DNC Loyalty Pledge for 2016 Candidates

@CNN Politics - Camilo deSonido (I-CA) tackles floated DNC loyalty pledge head-on with statement stating they would sign a pledge while emphasizing their political independence:

@Al Sharpton - That young man deSonido has the right to run however he pleases. Shame on the DNC for trying to arbitrarily punish him.

@Robby Mook - The party of Obama, Clinton, and Carter is going to nominate another proud Democrat in 2016. Democrats deserve a Democrat to vote for in November.

@Larry Sabato - Senator deSonido was wise to get out ahead of this DNC loyalty pledge issue. Opposition from other candidates has left the issue in limbo as the DNC is set to make a final assessment in the coming days.

@Sean Hannity - Real American patriots see right through the fascade of the "independent" Senator from California. This guy is calling for a $20 minimum wage and socialized medicine! An unserious tax-and-spend liberal!

@New York Times Pitchbot - If Camilo deSonido were as successful as Aaron Burr, he would already have shot a Treasury Secretary and be featured in a Broadway musical.

Charles Walker (R-CA) Attacks David Rollins (D-NE) Entitlement Spending Position

@Fox News - Former General Charles Walker (R-CA) launches broadside against primary opponent David Rollins (R-NE) on entitlements, claiming Rollins would gut Social Security and Medicare.

@Bret Baier - An interesting insight into the possible campaign Charles Walker is running in this primary. He's wise to calculate that senior voters will not be supportive of cuts to Social Security.

@Glenn Beck - The next President will have to undue the bureaucratic nightmare Barack Obama has created. Any Republican not serious about looking at our entitlement spending is just part of the problem.

@Jim Acosta - Polling does indicate that a majority of senior voters oppose cuts to entitlement spending. How Republicans running against cuts will navigate a party history of advocacy for reductions in spending could shift the conversation.

British Singer David Bowie Passes Away at 69 From Liver Cancer

@Rolling Stone - British singer and music icon David Bowie has died at the age of 69. The cause of death has been identified as liver cancer.

@Norah O'Donnell - Liver cancer is projected to claim the lives of 30,000 Americans in 2016 and has been on the rise among both men and women.

@Donald Trump - They asked me about David Bowie and I said I only knew him a little bit but he was a great talent! Rocket Man was a big hit. I LOVE THE BRITS!

Preview of Increased Role of Puerto Rico and American Samoa Primaries

@RealClearPolitics - Upcoming Primaries Put Puerto Rico and American Samoa into Historic Political Focus: ARTICLE

@Ana Navarro - The Puerto Rican vote is going to be critical in key battleground states like Florida this November. Building a strong relationship with the community is key for any candidate.

@Jake Tapper - Puerto Rico and American Samoa both having more prominent places on the primary calendar will no doubt bring campaigning from both major parties unseen in previous cycles.

Texas Grand Jury Clears Planned Parenthood in Video Controversy; Charges Made Against Video Creators

@MSNBC - A Texas grand jury has cleared Planned Parenthood of wrongdoing following explosive leaked video circulated widely of accusations of selling fetal body parts for profit.

@NBC News - The filmmakers from the Center of Medical Progress that secretly filmed the videos have now been charged with tampering with government records.

@CNN - The founder of CMP, David Daleiden, has also been charged with buying human organs.

@Bret Baier - The videos at the heart of the Planned Parenthood conroversy had sparked calls from conservative groups to defund Planned Parenthoo at the time of their initial release.

@Rosie O'Donnell - Turns out those lying sacks of crap that created those misleading Planned Parenthood videos are actually lying sacks of crap!

@Franklin Graham - The death of unborn children is a travesty regardless of the case in Texas. Planned Parenthood should be defunded ASAP.

@Cecile Richards - Planned Parenthood will continue to provide reliable health services and reprodutive access to women across this counry. The jury in Texas has reaffirmed that mission.

image.png.a4237c277a78e5e561932b5f1d33b175.png

Q1, 2016

(RL - 03/05/2024)

Beau Goodwin (R-NC) Endorses Charles Walker (R-CA) for President

@The News & Observer - At a BBQ event in Wake County, North Carolina Republican Senator Beau Goodwin announces endorsement of former General Charles Walker of California for President of the United States.

@Congressman Patrick McHenry - Charles Walker understands that we need strength and leadership on the world stage. I’m proud to offer my support!

President Obama Will Not Endorse in Democratic Primary

@CNN Politics - BREAKING: Sources close to President Obama have indicated that he does not intend to weigh in on the upcoming Democratic primaries and will support the eventual nominee.

@Jake Tapper - The sources near the President have emphasized that the President is optimistic that the next nominee for the party will win in November.

@Sean Hannity - Obama is too scared to endorse the wrong clown in the circus! Not a good sign for Democrats in November!

@Donald Trump - Barack HUSSEIN Obama doesn’t want to endorse any of the suckers running with the Democrats! I did big things for Romney in 2012. GOP would be foolish to not give me a call!

Douglas Butcher (R-LA) Endorses Charles Walker (R-CA) for President

@The Advocate - Senator Douglas Butcher (R-LA) announces endorsement of former General Charles Walker (R-CA) for the Republican presidential nomination in 2016.

@Congressman John Fleming - Charles Walker has the guts to tell it like it is and fight for conservative values. You won't find a truer patriot than Charles Walker!

@Bret Baier - It is worth noting that Senator Butcher did cite various Republican candidate positions on Right-to-Work as a particular area of disagreement despite the endorsement of the Walker Campaign.

Andrew Clarke (D-MO) Endorses John Carlsen (D-IN) for President

@St. Louis Post-Dispatch - Democratic Missouri Senator Andrew Clarke (D-MO) endorses Indiana Senator John Carlsen (D-IN) for President of the United States.

@Congressman Emanuel Cleaver - John Carlsen is the exact kind of steady hand we need navigating our nation through these partisan times. A true bridge-builder.

• Like 1

image.png.4b623cd4630dbc5364a471c2aa15f4dd.png

Q1, 2016

(RL - 03/06/2024)

White House Announces Upcoming Visit to American Mosque in Baltimore

@Baltimore Sun - President Obama expected to visit the Islamic Society of Baltimore later today. This would be the first official visit to a mosque by President Obama.

@CNN - Maryland Senators Nolan Stokes and Ben Cardin expected to be in attendance. Senator Alex Fakhouri, the only Muslim American in the Senate, is also expected to attend.

@Franklin Graham - Pray for America!

@Rachel Maddow - Increasingly hostile rhetoric towards Muslim Americans simply living their lives is deplorable. I’m glad President Obama is taking a stand.

@Steve Bannon - Democrats put all Americans at risk every day they refuse to call out Radical Islamic terrorism for what it is: a clear and present danger.

@Al Sharpton - Republicans holler about liberals putting American lives at risk while they coddle the same white supremacists actually committing hate crimes and violent attacks on innocent people. Remember Charleston!

President Obama, Alex Fakhouri (D-MI), and Nolan Stokes (D-MD) Visit American Mosque in Baltimore

@CNN - President Obama Visits Mosque in Show of Solidarity with Muslim Americans: ARTICLE

@Hillary Clinton - Muslim Americans deserve a leader who rejects hate and sees them rightfully as a community that helps make up the beautiful tapestry that is the United States.

@Fox News - From the Office of former President George W. Bush: “In the aftermath of 9/11, I spoke to the Islamic Center of Washington and affirmed that Islam is peace. I continue to believe that to this day.”

@Cenk Uygur - Tell that to the hundreds of thousands of Muslims you killed in Iraq and Afghanistan!

@Sean Hannity - Radical Islamists are a threat to the United States. Pretending like conservatives are conflating average Muslim Americans with terrorists is just another dog whistle from the left!

@Jake Tapper - Ultimately a forceful rebuke of increasingly antagonistic rhetoric from Republicans on Islam and terrorism by the President. How Americans will react is another matter entirely.

@Jon Meacham - President Dwight Eisenhower dedicating the Islamic Center of Washington in 1957.

image.png.048574d2680d739b4947f2e72d4549bb.png

Q1, 2016

(RL - 03/07/2024)

RealClearPolitics Early Primary State Polling and Election Fundraising

@RealClearPolitics - 2016 Presidential Pre-Primary Polls: ARTICLE

@Open Secrets - See who's funding who for President!: ARTICLE

image.png.ece41c63cdc2a8751870e25346fdf0da.png

Q1, 2016

(RL - 03/08/2024)

Alex Fakhouri (D-MI) Endorses Xiomara de la Cruz (D-TX) for President

@Detroit Free Press - Democratic Senator Alex Fakhouri endorses Houston Mayor Xiomara de la Cruz for President of the United States.

@Congressman Sander Levin - Xiomara de la Cruz is the exact kind of leader Americans need in 2016 and beyond. Her vision and energy will hold the White House and deliver results for working people!

Pre-Primary 2016 Election Endorsements

@RealClearPolitics - PRE-PRIMARY ENDORSEMENTS: ARTICLE

@Arnold Schwarzenegger - Elizabeth McCord is the only candidate in the race willing to speak honest truths about the complex problems we face without embracing the worst of us. She's welcome at the gym anytime!

@Sarah Palin - You want a truth teller who tells the leftists to shove off, look no further than Charles Walker. ISIS will be wetting their pants on day one with Walker in the White House!

@Senator Chuck Grassley - I've been around long enough to know when I see a generational leader emerge from the pack. David Rollins knows how to fight for rural America and stays true to our party values.

@Gun Owners of America - George Kuykendall is the only candidate willing to fight for the 2nd Amendment with every fiber of their being. The only true gun rights organization in America is proud to endorse him.

@Senator Joni Ernst - Diane Delorean is a stellar candidate in every sense of the word ready to stand up for working Americans and stand up to the liberal establishment that keeps our country down!

@Senator Harry Reid - Doug Murphy cares about Nevadans and cares about the future of this country. We need a strong leader to carry on the mantle of the Obama Administration and Doug is the right candidate for the job.

@Reverend Jesse Jackson - Diego Everhart is the embodiement of the rainbow coalition we've been building for decades. The time is now to keep the dream alive and put Everhart in the White House.

@Culinary Workers Union - Xiomara de la Cruz fights for working people because she understands working people. A strong Latina candidate with a passion for fighting for us, so we will fight for her.

@Senator Jeanne Shaheen - When I look out at the primary field, there is only one candidate talking about bringing us together and making the real tough choices in Washington. Proud to throw my support behind John Carlsen.

@Senator Bernie Sanders - A revoluton in our political system is coming and all roads lead to Camilo deSonido. The time is now for a true progressive to carry the mantle of the Democratic Party!

@Kal Penn - Julius Tuck is the only candidate actually talking about a bold vision that includes the decriminalization of marijuana, protecting abortion rights, and protecting our kids from gun violence.

Diego Everhart (D-PA) Suspends Presidential Primary Campaign

@MSNBC - BREAKING: Pennsylvania Senator Diego Everhart has suspended his campaign for the Democratic nomination for President of the United States.

@Jim Acosta - Little information has been provided from the Everhart Campaign as to why the Senator has decided to end his campaign for the Presidency despite polling in second place nationally among Democratic voters.

@Jake Tapper - Where Everhart voters go could make or break campaigns across the early primary states. An endorsement for any campaign could be a boon for their prospects.

@Sean Hannity - Diego Everhart took one look at the Democratic primary and decided to drop out. It’s a mad house over there!

@James Carville - Everhart ran a good campaign focused on working class issues. He’s got a future in the Democratic Party even if 2016 isn’t his time.

@Candace Owens - Everhart had no reason to drop. He was literally in second! You know what I think? I think he was either offered VP or Dems just didn’t want another failed black man leading the ticket. I’m going with both.

@Ben Shapiro - For what it’s worth, smart move on Everhart’s part. Progressive stand no chance and him dropping out to be on a ticket with a more electable liberal could help boost him and his faction. I hate to see it.

Julius Tuck (D-IN) Suspends Presidential Primary Campaign

@NBC News - BREAKING: Former Ambassador to Kenya and Democratic Governor of Indiana Julius Tuck announces he is suspending his campaign for President.

@Norah O'Donnell - Despite struggling to catch fire with primary voters, Ambassador Tuck carved out a niche for himself through his embrace of marijuana decriminalization and support for reproductive rights.

@Jesse Watters - Another one bites the dust! How many more Democrats are going to drop before they realize 2016 just isn’t going to be their year!

@Al Sharpton - Ambassador Tuck spoke truth to power and embraced a vision that lifted up minority voters. I wish him the best.

@Larry Sabato - With Everhart and Tuck out, that leaves only four major candidates left for the Democratic nomination for President.

@Rachel Maddow - No doubt wherever Everhart and Tuck voters land come primary day could reshape the landscape of this race.

@Candace Owens - The party of the minority just dropped its only two black candidates before the primaries even started. The GOP is the real party for black Americans.

image.png.293ce0c4828dc0d9824072ea8d741c7b.png

Q1, 2016

(RL - 03/10/2024)

Diane Delorean (R-NE) Suspends Presidential Primary Campaign

@Fox News - BREAKING: Nebraska Senator Diane Delorean suspends her campaign for the Republican Presidential nomination.

@Bret Baier - Senator Delorean ran an unorthodox platform on topics like labor relations, making a case for the German model, while also taking a hardline stance against TPP. Her trade rhetoric had played well with rural voters despite criticism.

@Steve Bannon - The CCP sympathizer finally realized Republicans didn’t want what she was selling!

@Megyn Kelly - You didn’t have to agree with Senator Delorean on everything to still appreciate female Republicans making a compelling case for the highest office in the land. The GOP would be making a mistake not to lift up more female voices.

Diego Everhart (D-PA) Endorses Doug Murphy (D-WI) for President

@CNN - BREAKING: Pennsylvania Senator and former 2016 Democratic candidate Diego Everhart has endorsed Doug Murphy for President.

@Larry Sabato - A major endorsement for Doug Murphy as he attempts to patch together a broad coalition to propel him to the presidency in 2016.

@Sean Hannity - Everhart backing Murphy has corrupt bargain written all over it. The DNC is rigged!

@Jake Tapper - An interesting note causing speculation following Senator Murphy’s public acceptance of the Everhart endorsement was the acknowledgement that the work Everhart would “continue to do in the U.S. Senate.” Could Everhart be in the running to replace Harry Reid come 2017?

Diane Delorean (R-NE) Endorses George Kuykendall (R-CO) for President

@NBC News - BREAKING: Nebraska Senator and former 2016 Republican candidate Diane Delorean endorses Colorado Senator George Kuykendall for President.

@Charles Krauthammer - A major boost that the Kuykendall Campaign was in need of. Delorean voters make a natural fit for the coalition Kuykendall needs to change the dynamics of the race.

@George Will - Sleep on the Kuykendall Campaign at your own risk. While he faces a difficult path to be the outright nominee, he could potentially come to play kingmaker with delegates and states he could win.

John Carlsen (D-IN) Suspends Presidential Primary Campaign

@MSNBC - BREAKING: Indiana Senator and 2016 Democratic primary candidate John Carlsen suspends his campaign for President.

@James Carville - While derided by some because his positions were more conservative, particularly fiscal policy, than where the average Democrat voter is, Democrats would be damn fools to not acknolwedge that Carlsen voters are key to winning in 2016.

@Kyle Kulinski - Carlsen wanted to drag Democrats back to the 90s when they had to out-conservative Republicans just to be competitive! Democrats dodged a bullet with someone as conservative as Carlsen.

@Jim Acosta - Carlsen now returns to focusing on the Senate and a possible future 2018 re-election campaign. His credentials as a conservative member of the caucus have certainly been boosted.

@Bret Baier - Both parties have signalled that Indiana is a top priority in the near future. President Obama famously carried the state in 2008 before being routed with 9% of the vote in to Mitt Romney in 2012.

John Carlsen (D-MO) and Andrew Clarke (D-MO) Endorse Xiomara de la Cruz (D-TX) for President

@Fox News - BREAKING: Indiana Senator and 2016 Democratic primary candidate John Carlsen and Missouri Senator Andrew Clarke endorse Xiomara de la Cruz for President.

@Norah O'Donnell - Major pickups for Houston Mayor de la Cruz as her campaign has seen a steady rise in the polls in recent weeks. Carlsen voters could be critical for her campaign in the early primary states.

@Charles Krauthammer - Xiomara de la Cruz has consolidated the moderate wing of the Democratic Party. Could she build the coalition needed to win the nomination and move Democrats to the center? Remains to be seen.

@Glenn Beck - de la Cruz and the rest of her "moderate" Democrats are nothing but pinko liberals in sheep's clothing! They can't be trusted to defend liberty.

Denver Broncos Defeat Caroline Panthers 24-10 at Super Bowl 50; Beyonce Sparks Controversy with Halftime Performance

@ESPN - The Denver Broncos have defeated the Carolina Panthers 24-10 to win Super Bowl 50. Denver linebacker Von Miller has won Super Bowl MVP.

@Rolling Stone - Coldplay, Beyonce, and Bruno Mars with Mark Robinson brought down the house during the Super Bowl Halftime Show at Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara, California.

@Jesse Watters - Beyonce and her dancers making their performance during the Halftime show an ode to the Black Panthers and Malcolm X is nothing short of divisive and the kind of message being forced on Americans!

@New York Daily News - Calls online for an "anti-Beyonce" rally outside the NFL headquarters in New York City failed to materialize as no one showed up.

image.png.66583cd7cfb9ecdc861530afcb311e09.png

Q1, 2016

(RL - 03/11/2024)

Early 2016 Primary State Voting Begins

@CNN - Voters in the early primary states of Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina, and Nevada are heading to their polling places and caucus sites as the first votes of the 2016 Presidential Election are cast.

@Fox News - The first set of the primary election is upon us. Who will come out on top early on? Who will drop? More to come later today when polls close.

@MSNBC - Record turnout reported across early primary states as both parties stand at a crossroads for their political future.

Early 2016 Primary State Results

@CNN Politics - For the GOP, Nebraska Senator David Rollins has won the states of Iowa and New Hampshire. Former General Charles Walker takes the state of South Carolina in a major upset and South Carolina Senator Katherine McCord wins a commanding victory in Nevada.

@CNN Politics - For the Democrats, Wisconsin Senator Doug Murphy cements his status as frontrunner with victories in Iowa, New Hampshire, and South Carolina. Xiomara de la Cruz wins a decicive victory in Nevada as deSonido focuses on Super Tuesday.

@RealClearPolitics - 2016 EARLY PRIMARY STATE RESULTS: ARTICLE

image.png.1d4742696c43467e42e0302fe6483f4b.png

Q2, 2016

(RL - 03/12/2024)

Pre-Super Tuesday Primary Endorsements

@Mitt Romney - The only candidate fighting for a fiscally conservative future that leaves future generations financially independent is David Rollins. I am proud to lend him my support.

@Senator John McCain - Katherine McCord is the candidate I trust to defend the interests of our nation against threats abroad like Russia, China, and Iran. The choice for security is clear.

@Rudy Giuliani - America’s Mayor is proud to support America’s General Charles Walker! We need a tough SOB ready to take on Washington and deliver for America. Charles is the guy!

@Rick Santorum - While some count Kuykendall out, I think he could make a big splash come Super Tuesday while delivering on a strong conservative agenda. Join me in supporting the underdog!

@Senator Elizabeth Warren - Camilo deSonido is the transformation candidate we need to bring a bold and progressive vision to America. It’s an honor to support his campaign.

@Michael Bloomberg - Xiomara de la Cruz understands that elections are about addition, not subtraction. I believe she has the vision and bipartisan appeal we need that will deliver the White House in November.

@Al Gore - Doug Murphy is building a broad coalition that brings the issues of corporate excess and working class empowerment to the forefront. His clean energy goals will power America’s future and he will make a great President.

@New York Times Pitchbot - Walker rejects Romney and McCain as candidates who lost, while welcoming perpetual winner Rudy Giuliani, notable 2008 victor, to his campaign.

@New York Times Pitchbot - In this Ohio diner, Saturday traditions used to involve a stack of pancakes, Ohio State football, and discussing the importance of non-Democrats in the Democratic presidential primary. But with Camilo deSonido’s troubles the woke mob is trying to take all that away.

Armed Militia Protestors in Oregon Ends in Arrests of Participants

@NBC News - The last members of the militias and armed protestors occupying the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge in Oregon have turned themselves into authorities.

@Fox News - Occupation leader Ammon Bundy has surrendered himself to law enforcement.

@CNN - One militant was killed by law enforcement while resisting arrest and another injured after detainment.

@Governor Kate Brown - Order has been restored at the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge. My thanks to law enforcement and federal authorities for working diligently to deescalate the situation.

@Jesse Watters - These dolts should’ve never occupied a federal building but they are right to call out the harm burdensome government overreach causes our ranchers and farmers! They’re eroding our way of life!

@Cenk Uygur - Far right nut jobs from out of town went to Oregon, took a wildlife refuge hostage, and got themselves arrested because of churned up nonsense from right-wing media!

@Steve Bannon - The brave men who occupied the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge stood up to tyranny. They have my respect.

@Jake Tapper - I am being told as many as 26 militants from Oregon are expected to face felony conspiracy charges, among other individual charges.

Pre-Super Tuesday Election Fundraising

@Open Secrets - OpenSecrets has obtained key campaign fundraising data in the aftermath of the first series of primaries and caucuses.

@Open Secrets - On the Democratic side, Xiomara de la Cruz leads that pack with $50 million in fundraising, while polling frontrunner Doug Murphy raised $44 million.

@Open Secrets - Independent Senator Camilo deSonido, who has leads in some key Super Tuesday states, raised $38 million.

@Open Secrets - Winner of the Iowa caucuses and New Hampshire primary David Rollins raised $44.5 million after vaulting into frontrunner status with two key victories.

@Open Secrets - However, he was overshadowed by Senate Katherine McCord's fundraising apparatus, which brought in $50 million from a diverse array of donors for the delegate leader in the Republican primary.

@Open Secrets - General Charles Walker raised $46.5 million after his victory in South Carolina, tapping into a series of traditional Republican donors on Wall Street.

@Open Secrets - Finally, George Kuykendall raised $40 million in the wake of a series of strong finishes in the first for states, despite having no wins under his belt yet.

image.png.603394abf9793e48aa92d20ea0eadcda.png

Q2, 2016

(RL - 03/13/2024)

Camilo deSonido (I-CA) Suspends Presidential Primary Campaign

@CNN - BREAKING: Independent California Senator Camilo deSonido has suspended his campaign for the Democratic Presidential nomination.

@Kyle Kulinski - The only independent voice speaking up against the duopoly is out. Now we’re stuck with psychotic Republicans and Democrats hyper-fixated on Obama’s legacy. A bad day for progressives.

@Glenn Beck - Even Democrats can’t stomach voting for radical Socialists like Camilo deSonido!

@Al Sharpton - Camilo deSonido spoke to the aspirations of minority voters and young voters across the country. The youth demand change and it’s the youth that will deliver the change.

@Jake Tapper - deSonido has, as of yet, not endorsed either candidate for the Democratic nomination but has spoke highly of both candidates. His supporters could make or break this primary.

Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia Dead at the Age of 79

@CNN - BREAKING: US Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia has passed away at the age of 79.

@NBC News - Justice Scalia, a prominent conservative member of the court, was noted for his various majority and minority opinions throughout his tenure as well as his close friendship with fellow Justice and ideological opposite Ruth Bader Ginsburg.

@Fox News - President Obama will now be able to nominate a successor to Justice Scalia, a topic that could have major implications on the 2016 elections.

@Sean Hannity - A man of patriotic service will be missed on this day. Justice Scalia, I tip my hat to you. Thank you for your service.

@Laura Ingraham - I send thoughts and prayers to Justice Scalia’s family as they mourn the lost of America’s favorite Justice.

@Cenk Uygur - Antonin Scalia was a homophobic bigot who rejected progress time and time again. He deserves no praise.

@Alex Jones - The Marxists MURDERED Antonio Scalia! Why won’t they do an autopsy! Look at the pillow on his face!

Mitch McConnell (R-KY) and Senate Republicans Consider Blocking Obama SCOTUS Nominee

@Norah O'Donnell - All eyes now turn to Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell who has already expressed hesitation with considering the confirmation of a new Justice.

@Rachel Maddow - Is Mitch McConnell really going to destroy the Senate as an institution just to spite President Obama one more time? Pathetic.

@Jeanine Pirro - Obama should not be allowed to push through a Supreme Court nominee in his final year. End of story.

@Megyn Kelly - Harry Reid threw everything up in the air when he nuked the filibuster for judicial appointments to circumvent the will of Congress. Democrats have themselves to blame.

@Larry Sabato - If Senate Republicans refuse to consider a replacement for Antonio Scalia on the Supreme Court, this could further amplify the issue for voters come November.

@Donna Brazile - Barack Obama is the incumbent President of the United States. He has every right to nominate a successor to the Supreme Court and for the Senate to give that nominee a fair process.

@Jesse Watters - Democrats want to force a leftist judge on the American People in an election year! It’s a no from me!

@James Carville - Last I checked, Barack Obama was President until January 20, 2017. Enough with the damn nonsense!

@Brian Williams -  If reports are true that Senate Republicans are actively considering blocking a replacement to Scalia, some judicial experts have indicated that future SCOTUS rulings could be impacted by the vacancy.

RealClearPolitics Super Tuesday State Polling

@RealClearPolitics - 2016 Presidential Super Tuesday Polls: ARTICLE

Mitch McConnell Announces Senate Republicans Will Not Consider Obama SCOTUS Nominee

@Fox News - Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell is expected to speak on the Senate floor later today.

@Bret Baier - I am being told Majority Leader McConnell has made a determination regarding filling the vacant SCOTUS seat.

@NBC News - “… the Chairman of the Judiciary Committee and I believe that it is today the American people who are best-positioned to help make this important decision — rather than a lame-duck president whose priorities and policies they just rejected in the most-recent national election.” - SML Mitch McConnell (R-KY)

@CNN - Senate Republicans have announced that they will not confirm a Justice to the U.S. Supreme Court following the passing of Antonin Scalia.

@MSNBC - Senate Majority Leader McConnell has cited the current 2016 election as a reason for the Senate to not consider a nominee put forward by President Obama.

@Sean Hannity - Republicans finally grow a backbone! Let the voters make their choice this fall!

@Rachel Maddow - McConnell betrays the spirit of the Senate in a craven last act to spite President Obama as his time in office nears an end. Shameful.

@George Will - The SCOTUS issue could animate conservative voters this fall as they have a chance to keep a conservative on the court should a Republican win. It’s a risky gambit no doubt.

@Jake Tapper - Word around the Senate Republican Conference is affirmation from the vast majority in support of Majority Leader McConnell’s decision to not move forward with a SCOTUS nominee.

President Obama Announces He Will Nominate Candidate to SCOTUS

@Jim Acosta - I am being told by individuals close to the White House that President Obama still intends to nominate a successor to the late-Antonin Scalia in spite of Senate Republicans.

@Cecile Richards - Reproductive rights are on the ballot this November. Whether it be the anti-choice policies of leading Republican candidates or a potentially vacant SCOTUS seat in time for the next President should this obstruction hold.

@Franklin Graham - Pray for America! Voters will make their voices heard this fall and we should look to the American People to determine who fills this vacancy, not a lame-duck President!

United Kingdom to Vote on Continued EU Membership in Summer

@BBC News - Voters in the UK are set to decide this summer whether the United Kingdom will maintain its membership with the European Union or separate from the EU in a major referendum.

@Prime Minister David Cameron - Britain’s role in the European Union must be maintained to the best of our abilities. A vote to leave the EU is a vote for economic chaos.

@Boris Johnson - Brexit is the only answer to the unequal relationship between the UK and the European Union. The money we send to Brussels can be used right here for the NHS!

@Fareed Zakaria - UK voters will cast perhaps their most consequential vote of their lifetime in the summer as the future relationship between the UK and EU could change forever. Definitely a campaign to watch closely.

Charles Walker Suspends Presidential Primary Campaign; Endorses McCord

@Fox News - BREAKING: Former General and 2016 candidate Charles Walker endorses South Carolina Senator Katherine McCord for President of the United States.

@Steve Bannon - Katherine McCord is a shill for neoconservatism and a tool of the establishment. Sad to see Walker embrace her.

@Charles Krauthammer - Walker is right. McCain and Romney went through a buzzsaw in their respective primaries. Avoiding the ugliness will save Republicans long-term.

@Jesse Watters - Gotta be awkward to upset McCord in her home state and then turn around and endorse her.

@Rachel Maddow - McCord is still an anti-choice, anti-environment, and anti-worker candidate just like Rollins and Kuykendall. Don’t lose sight of that.

image.png.3445bdf5b0532a39325537e877b7a8b8.png

Q2, 2016

(RL - 03/14/2024)

Speculation Grows Around Possible Obama SCOTUS Nominee

@Jim Acosta - The President has made clear to aides that he intends to move forward with a nominee regardless of the stance of Majority Leader McConnell and Senate Republicans.

@Ana Navarro - I think President Obama would be wise to appoint someone that would put pressure on Republicans to acknowledge. A conciliatory centrist jurist would be difficult to justify blocking in spite of it being an election year.

@Rachel Maddow - Republicans have made it clear they intend to block the nominee, regardless of their qualifications. It’s time for Democrats to even the playing field and appoint a jurist who will stand in stark contrast to Scalia and his legacy.

@Sean Hannity - Republicans must stand firm in rejecting any SCOTUS nominee put forward by the lame-duck President! Especially the moderates!

@Norah Mc'Donnell - Internal discussions within the White House have been intense over the past few days as they settle on a nominee to put forward to replace the late-Scalia.

@Kyle Kulinski - The “Biden Rule” is made-up. Simple as that. Republicans know that taking a speech from 1992 and pretending like it’s a precedent is a load of crap. History shows the exact opposite when it comes to confirming in election years.

@Megyn Kelly - Democrats throwing Joe Biden under the bus to distract from their hypocrisy on SCOTUS is telling of the lengths they’ll go to take this seat.

Keiko Fujimori Takes First Place in First Round of Peruvian Presidential Election

@BBC News - Peru is on the cusp of returning a Fujimori to power as Keiko Fujimori, daughter of former President Alberto Fujimori, takes first place over her leftist opponent in the nation's presidential election. The election will be decided in a second round in the summer.

@Fareed Zakaria - The Fujimori name in Peru has been synonomous with brutal repression or internal security depending on who you ask. Noted internationally as a dictator, Alberto Fujimori is currently serving a sentence for human rights abuses.

image.png.44d0e5f0264cd2408c71834605dc08a3.png

Q2, 2016

(RL - 03/15/2024)

Political Fight Rages Over Possible Scalia SCOTUS Replacement

@CNN - Justice Antonin Scalia Dead at 79, Political Fight Rages for Supreme Court Vacancy: LINK

@Kyle Kulinski - Progressives like Keith Ellison are right, now is not the time to pretend like this is politics as normal. Don't bring a knife to a gun fight Democrats. Fight back with a real nominee!

@Glenn Beck - Conservative patriots like Cliff Fleming and Douglas Butcher get it. The will of the voters should fill this seat and the pearl clutching from the destructionist Democrats is political theater.

@Rachel Maddow - Democrats like Heather James are making the point that I think will resonate well with voters. Every single SCOTUS nominee since 1916 has been acted upon. To deny Obama's potential nominee even a hearing is nothing short of obstruction.

@Megyn Kelly - Democrats nuked the filibuster and expect us all to pretend like they care about the institution? Give me a break!

@Charles Krauthammer - Perhaps both parties can take a page out of the friendship between Antonin Scalia and RBG and acknowledge that we can still reach out to one another in good faith. Seems to be getting nastier on the Hill by the day.

@Jim Acosta - The White House has announced that they have settled on a nominee and will make an announcement later today. Seems like the shortlist floating around D.C. was accurate.

@Larry Sabato - While a narrow 52% majority of Americans do support President Obama being allowed to fill the SCOTUS vacancy, it is incumbent on both parties to make use of the airwaves to make their case.

@Bret Baier - Early pollings has indicated that Republicans concentrating on conservative news outlets have hardened many of their own voters against supporting an Obama nominee along ideological lines. This may give more credibility for Republican Senators within their own base to oppose movement on a potential nominee.

White House Announces Nomination of Paul Watford for SCOTUS

@CNN - BREAKING: President Obama nominates Judge Paul Watford to replace the late-Antonin Scalia on the Supreme Court.

@NBC News - Judge Paul Watford becomes the third African American nominated to the U.S. Supreme Court in the court’s history.

@MSNBC - Judge Watford has served as a member of the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals since 2012. He was previously confirmed by the Senate in a 61-34 vote and did receive support from conservative legal figures like Orin Kerr and Eugene Volokh at the time.

@Fox News - Judge Watford previously served as a law clerk for liberal Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg in 1995 to 1996 and worked in various public and private law capacities before his judicial appointment.

@American Bar Association - The American Bar Association Standing Committee has given Judge Paul Watford a unanimous “well-qualified” rating.

@Jake Tapper - The White House’s decision to nominate Paul Watford is a clear signal that they intend to make this an ideological battle. While well-respected in the legal community, Watford’s record is to the left of Garland or Srinivasan.

@Sean Hannity - Paul Watford is a Trojan horse who will make great pals with RBG and the leftists on the Supreme Court. Stand strong Republicans!

@Al Sharpton - A historic nomination in every sense of the word. Paul Watford is immensely qualified to serve as an Associate Justice of the Supreme Court.

@George Will - While Watford’s nomination may excite Democrats, there is little doubt that his nomination will harden conservative opposition further. Many Americans remain undecided but the White House has given Republicans a possible opening to shift momentum with an ideological pick.

@Rachel Maddow - Democrats still need to make a compelling case to swing voters as to why they should support the Watford nomination in spite of him clearly not being the expected moderate many assumed would be nominated. There is a lot of material to work with given his background and record.

@Steve Bannon - Everyone knows why Obama picked Watford. Cynical campaign ploy to drive out African American turnout. Disgraceful.

@Jesse Watters - Paul Watford is heavily involved with the American Bar Association. Something fishy about the “well-qualified” rating he received despite barely being on the bench!

@Donna Brazile - While Judge Watford began his time on the bench in 2012, there is little question that he is an astute and capable legal mind. Attempts to claim otherwise are simply false, if not motivated in part by his race. Paul Watford was nominated because he’s a good jurist, full stop.

@Sean Hannity - Of course liberals want to play the race game now. UNAMERICAN!

President Obama Makes Historic Visit to Cuba

@BBC News - U.S. President Barack Obama is set to visit Cuba in the coming days in a historic meeting between the two adversaries. He will be the first U.S. President to visit Cuba since Calvin Coolidge in 1928.

@Secretary John Kerry - Normalizing relations with the Republic of Cuba has been a years-long process. I am thankful to our Canadian and Papal partners for helping facilitate this historic moment.

@Sean Hannity - Meeting with the communist regime in Cuba is a capitulation! A absolute failure of leadership!

2016 Presidential Primary Super Tuesday

@CNN - Super Tuesday has officially begun as the first round of states finish casting their ballot for the potential next President of the United States.

@Election Watch 2016 - Big, tough, decisive day for voters. Will it be Doug Murphy or Xiomara de la Cruz beat the other to the Democratic nomination for President? Will Rollins outshine McCord and Kuykendall? Stay tuned for updates throughout the day!

@RealClearPolitics - 2016 Super Tuesday State Results: LINK

image.png.dc882dc2bd1e694c3d9b6dc4959edd85.png

Q2, 2016

(RL - 03/16/2024)

2016 Presidential Nominees Declare Historic Victories

@Real Clear Politics - TOTAL DELEGATES: McCord - 455 | Rollins - 450 | Kuykendall - 213

@Real Clear Politics - TOTAL DELEGATES: de la Cruz - 1,085 | Murphy - 1,056

@Jake Tapper - Voters make history tonight as presumptive Republican presidential nominee Katherine McCord of South Carolina will take on presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Xiomara de la Cruz of Texas.

@Rachel Maddow - This is the first time in American history that two women have been nominated for President of the United States. America will have it's first female President on January 20, 2017.

@Bret Baier - Doug Murphy and David Rollins, in spite of not gaining enough delegates for the nomination, now hold outsized influence over the campaigns going into the fall. Despite a muted affair in both primaries on the ground, it is now incumbent on both campaigns to bring their voters into the fold.

@Megyn Kelly - Can't forget Kuykendall voters either. Kuykendall has still captured a segment of the GOP base and increased attacks on his campaign could hurt future party unity.

@Jose Diaz-Balart - It's entirely fair to acknolwedge that while McCord herself has generally refrained from criticizing Rollins or Kuykendall, supporters of her campaign did make entitlement spending a issue against Rollins in particular in the press.

@Kyle Kulinski - Democrats can paint a sunshine and rosy picture but they just nominated a candidate from the moderate wing. A lot of work to be done to bring us progressives into the fold.

@Brian Williams - America has never elected a sitting Mayor as President of the United States. Will be a significant achievement if de la Cruz can pull this campaign off.

Xiomara de la Cruz (D-TX) Receives National Endorsements

@President Barack Obama - Xiomara de la Cruz is a testament to the power of the American Dream. I am proud to support her campaign as a worthy successor to our eight years of change.

@Vice President Joe Biden - Xiomara de la Cruz being nominated as the Democratic nominee for President is a BFD. Glad to throw my support behind her historic campaign.

@Hillary Clinton - Bill and I are proud to support the historic campaign of Xiomara de la Cruz. Onward to November!

@Atlanta Journal-Constitution - A spokesperson for former President Jimmy Carter and First Lady Rosalynn Carter has stated that they intend to support Xiomara de la Cruz for President.

Katherine McCord (R-SC) Receives National Endorsements

@Former President George W. Bush - My father and I are both proud to lend our support to the next Republican nominee for the President of the United States, Katherine McCord. Her steady hand is exactly what we need to keep America safe.

@Donald Trump - I can't say I don't love the LATINAS but de la Cruz is not serious about our border. A lot of bad hombres coming through. McCord is our only hope!

@Mitt Romney - The time is now for Republicans to come together and rally behind Katherine McCord. We have a chance to finally take back the White House, let's not waste it.

@Speaker Paul Ryan - Katherine McCord is a fierce advocate for American values and conservative principles. Supporting her in the fall is a no-brainer.

@Bob Dole - Bob Dole is proud to support Katherine McCord. Bobe Dole believes McCord will keep America safe and bring back small government values to Washington.

Democratic VP Option Speculation

@James Carville - I think given his strong performance along the East Coast and Rust Belt, Doug Murphy is the clear favorite to serve as de la Cruz's VP. They kept the race clean and have a good rapport.

@Donna Brazile - Diego Everhart, despite serving as a top surrogate for Murphy, could be useful in mobilizing support in the key state of Pennsylvania and with African American voters.

@Kyle Kulinski - It has to be deSonido or Stokes. If de la Cruz wants progressives to get out the vote for her in real numbers, the Vice President must be a progressive.

@Rosie O'Donnell - de la Cruz could make even more history selecting Washington Senator Heather James as her running mate!

@Jim Acosta - de la Cruz could always turn to one of her own supporters like Alex Fakhouri of Michigan, John Carlsen of Indiana, or Andrew Clarke of Missouri.

@Kal Penn - Julius Tuck is always just a phone call away!

@Jose Diaz Balart - de la Cruz has a broad number of potential running mates, including potential dark horses not talked about actively in the media. Will be a critical decision for the campaign.

Republican VP Option Speculation

@Glenn Beck - So we're all in agreement the VP has to be Rollins right? A McCord/Rollins ticket would unify the party and make Democrats fight in their own backyward in the Northeast and Rust Belt.

@Sean Hannity - The clear favorite for the VP nod has to be Walker. His endorsement was a decisive factor in McCord securing the Republican nomination. He's a tough SOB who tells it like it is!

@Jesse Watters - George Kuykendall is not someone to be ignored. He's an attack dog ready to hit the ground running. A strong potential choice if you ask me.

@Megyn Kelly - McCord clearly needs to shore up the conservative wing of her party. People like Cliff Flemming of Alabama, Douglas Butcher of Louisiana, or John Miller of Indiana would do just that.

@Charles Krauthammer - McCord can always also look more towards her own wing of the party with prominent leaders like Beau Goodwin of North Carolina or David Williams of Illinois.

@George Will - Ultimately, McCord could tap numerous leading conservatives to serve as her running mate, including some who may not even be on our radar yet. A big choice for McCord to wrestle with in the coming days.

Celebrity National Endorsements

@Beyonce - From one Houston girl to another, it’s time to put Xiomara de La Cruz in the White House.

@Jason Aldean - McCord speaks for the struggles of working Americans just tryin to make a living. She’s got my vote.

@Jimmy Buffett - de la Cruz is the only candidate that wants to keep our oceans blue and our skies clear. She’s welcome at any Margaritaville.

@Kid Rock - Only one candidate is willing to stick it to the America haters out there and her name is Katherine McCord.

TIME Magazine Article on 2016 Democratic Presidential Nominee Xiomara de la Cruz (D-TX)

@TIME - The Woman from Del Rio Blazes a Historic Trail | 2016 Democratic Nominee Xiomara de la Cruz: LINK

@Ana Navarro - A historic campaign by Xiomara de la Cruz as she looks to become the first woman and first Latina President of the United States. Her conciliatory vision is exactly what America needs.

@Sean Hannity - A wolf in sheep's clothing! de la Cruz and her allies are going to spend months claiming shes a moderate when she'll make Barack Obama look like the second coming of Reagan!

Speculation Grows of Charles Walker (R-CA) Being 2016 Republican VP Nominee

@Fox News - Katherine McCord has been spotted meeting with former General and primary rival Charles Walker at her family compound in Greenville, South Carolina.

@Jose Diaz Balart - Could a McCord/Walker ticket be on the horizon? No doubt a lot of speculation within the political world has begun following this meeting.

@Sean Hannity - A McCord/Walker ticket would dominate in the general election against de la Cruz and her lefty loons!

@Charles Krathammer - While Walker's endorsement no doubt played a major role in McCord's primary victory, he may have to mend bridges with David Rollins and his camp that has gained influence within the wider Republican Party should he be the pick.

@Rosie O'Donnell - McCord and Walker would make two peas in a pod for the right-wing crazy train. Anti-LGBT, anti-abortion, anti-environment, and anti-gun safety.

Reaction to Proposed Direct Election of Judges Proposal by Alex Fakhouri (D-MI) and Camilo deSonido (I-CA)

@ACLU - It is our belief that electing justices would lead to the rapid deterioriation of freedoms and rights that are fundamental, if not particularly popular in certain circumstances. We firmly oppose this proposed amendment.

@Glenn Beck - The amendment proposed by Commie Fakhouri and and keyboard warrior deSonido is a danger to our democratic institutions. Making the Supreme Court elected is insane!

@Rachel Maddow - There’s no denying that Americans view SCOTUS in historically-low terms. Uncertain how appealing elected Justices are to the general electorate.

image.png.97aa62b8f9c679480b334dfcbb026f73.png

Q3, 2016

(RL - 03/18/2024)

Katherine McCord (R-SC) Selects Charles Walker (R-CA) As 2016 Presidential Running Mate

@Fox News - BREAKING: South Carolina Senator and 2016 GOP Presidential Nominee Katherine McCord selects retired General Charles Walker of California as her running mate.

@Jon Meacham - The last two high-ranking military officials to run on a prominent political party ticket was Vice Admiral James Stockdale as the 1992 running mate of independent Ross Perot and General Curtis LeMay as the 1968 running mate of George Wallace.

@Sean Hannity - An inspired choice by McCord! Walker is a tell-it-like-it-is leader who doesn't put with with the crap from China and our adversaries.

@Glenn Beck - I support a McCord/Walker ticket but I sure hope they have a plan to bring Rollins voters into the fold. We can't afford a broken coalition going into the fall.

@Megyn Kelly - McCord has chosen a vice presidential running mate who further complements her foreign policy credentials while also bringing a more populist angle to what has generally been perceived as a standard right-of-center campaign.

@Rachel Maddow - Curious how some social conservatives will respond to the Walker VP nod. While by no means a moderate, Walker's opposition to North Carolina's HB-2 targeting transgender people was viewed negatively in social conservative spheres.

@Larry Sabato - Little doubt pundits and experts alike will look back to the fateful decision of Walker pulling out of the race and endorsing McCord as the key to her historic nomination victory.

@Rosie O'Donnell - Gotta be awkward to forever know your running mate is more popular in your own homestate than you are.

@Al Sharpton - McCord/Walker will roll back the clock on healthcare reform, criminal justice reform, and stake the bench with right-wing Koch Brother-funded judges. They must be defeated in the fall.

@Jake Tapper - While the choice of Walker will likely not move the needle in his homestate of California, his conservative populist message did poll well with Republican voters.

@Jim Acosta - Likely to see Walker used strategically to rally conservative voters and conservative skeptics to the ticket while McCord targets swing voters.

Right-Wing Daughter of Former Dictator Keiko Fujimori Wins Peruvian 2016 Presidential Election

@BBC News - Peru will once again be ruled by a member of the Fujimori family as Keiko Fujimori wins a narrow 50.1% majority to Pedro Pablo Kuczynski’s 49.8% of the vote.

@Fareed Zakaria - A huge moment as Keiko Fujimori and the Popular Force party puts conservatives back into government in Peru for the first time since the controversial 2000 election that saw her father win reelection under scrutiny of severe irregularities.

Reports of Shots Fired at Pulse Nightclub in Orlando, FL

@Miami Herald - DEVELOPING: Reports of shots fired inside Pulse Nightclub in Orlando, Florida.

@Orlando Police Department - Orlando residents are advised to avoid the surrounding area of Pulse Nightclub. Law enforcement is responding to the scene.

@Governor Rick Scott - We are closely monitoring the ongoing situation in Orlando. Residents are encouraged to comply with local authorities at this time.

@Equality Florida - Devastating news coming out of Orlando as Pulse Nightclub is a notable LGBT nightclub in the heart of city.

@Fox News - Law enforcement is now investigating the ongoing mass shooting at Pulse Nightclub as a domestic terrorist attack.

@Megyn Kelly - The shooter at Pulse Nightclub reportedly swore allegiance to ISIS in a now-deleted Facebook video hours before the attack began.

@Donald Trump - This is what happens when Jihadists roam freely in the United States. Dangerous times!

@NBC News - New details have emerged that Pulse Nightclub was hosting a ‘Latin Night’ at the time of the shooting. Victims are believed to be disproportionately Latino.

SWAT Neutalize Shooter at Pulse Nightclub in Orlando, FL

@MSNBC - BREAKING: SWAT have reportedly breached Pulse Nightclub following a nearly three-hour standoff with the shooter.

@Orlando Police Department - SWAT have neutralized the shooter at Pulse Nightclub. Residents are recommended to continue avoiding the area as first responders are active on the scene.

@Jose Diaz-Balart - I am being told by sources on the ground that the situation at Pulse Nightclub is being considered a mass casualty event.

@Jake Tapper - Law enforcement personnel have indicated that an Sig Sauer MCC semi-automatic rifle and a Glock 17 semi-automatic pistol was utilized by the shooter to carry out the attack on Pulse Nightclub.

@CNN - More than forty people are reported dead following first responders arriving on scene at Pulse Nightclub. An additional 53 have been sent to multiple hospitals in the area.

@Brian Williams - The mass shooting at Pulse Nightclub is now the worst mass shooting in American history as the death toll continues to climb. It is also the worst terrorist attack in the United States since 9/11.

@Human Rights Campaign - The devastating mass shooting at Pulse Nightclub, a prominent LGBT club, is the single worst attack on the LGBT community in our nation’s history. Words and actions have consequences as hate continues to be fomented against our community in the public sphere.

@Sean Hannity - The radical Islamist who carried out the attack in Orlando, Florida should concern all Americans. How safe are we?

@Fox News - Final estimates from first responders place the death toll at Pulse Nightclub at 49. It becomes the worst mass shooting in American history.

@Governor Rick Scott - I have declared a state of emergency in Orange County as first responders continue to support victims of the mass shooting at Pulse Nightclub.

@Jim Acosta - The White House has reportedly been briefed on the mass shooting in Orlando and have directed the FBI to assist law enforcement on the ground.

Aftermath of Mass Shooting at Pulse Nightclub in Orlando, FL

@CNN - Pulse Nightclub Shooting Becomes Worst Mass Shooting in American History: LINK

@Hillary Clinton - A tragedy of unbelievable magnitute. 49 lives lost and a community in mourning. Anti-LGBT hate foamenting in the public sphere made this attack possible.

@Glenn Beck - Radical Islamic terrorism played a direct role in motivating this terrorist to gun down innocent people. We must do more to combat this scourge!

@Kyle Kulinski - Maybe actually tackling how the shooter got access to firearms in the first place, in spite of reported mental health issues, would actually be a good use of time instead of pathetic thoughts and prayers.

@President Barack Obama - Michelle and I mourn the loss of innocent life at Pulse Nightclub in Orlando. We must do more to prevent innocent loss of life as the direct result of gun violence. When will enough be enough?

@Megyn Kelly - Even now, this President refuses to call out radical Islamic terrorism. Americans are dying Mister President. Do something about it!

@Steve Bannon - Kuykendall has a point. We need a ban on those coming from terrorist-sponsored countries to keep out those who wish to harm Americans.

@Norah O'Donnell - Buried within the political discourse is an emerging conversation around Pulse is the usage of social media platforms like Facebook. Tough questions lie ahead for tech giants as social media is increasingly being used as a medium to radicalize and strategize by extremists groups.

Corruption Scandal Shakes Up Haitian 2016 Presidential Election

@BBC News - Potential significant corruption scandal has emerged in Haiti as presidential frontrunner Jovenel Moïse and allies have been implicated in a decades-long embezzlement scheme.

@Fareed Zakaria - The emerging scandal in Haiti dates back to a 2001 deal with U.S.-based Culligan Water corporation to build a water treatment facility. Public reaction has reportedly been overwhelmingly negative.

Britain Heads to the Polls to Determine EU Membership Status

@BBC News - Britain goes to the polls in historic referendum on membership in the European Union.

@Boris Johnson - BREXIT!

Xiomara de la Cruz (D-TX) Selects Doug Murphy (D-WI) As 2016 Presidential Running Mate

@MSNBC - BREAKING: Democratic Presidential nominee Xiomara de la Cruz of Texas taps Wisconsin Senator and 2016 Democratic primary rival Doug Murphy to serve as Vice President.

@Rachel Maddow - Super Tuesday proved that while de la Cruz has some appeal in the Rust Belt, Murphy’s dominance in the region could be critical to holding the blue wall.

@Donna Brazile - de la Cruz/Murphy is a ticket I’ll be proud to vote for this fall! Fighting for working Americans and protecting the ACA.

@Jesse Watters - A schmuck like Doug Murphy is gonna rail against corporations like your angry neighbor screams at the postman! de la Cruz and Murphy are not a serious ticket.

@Larry Sabato - Murphy will no doubt be a boon for de la Cruz in the much-needed Rust Belt. Too early to say whether he will serve as an attack dog against McCord/Walker or if he will be primarily used to rally skeptical Democrats.

Post-Super Tuesday Fundraising Hauls

@POLITICO - de la Cruz wins a financial edge over McCord, collecting $82 million to McCord's $76 million, highlighting a fiercely competitive race fueled by diverse donor strategies and signaling a potentially strategic advantage for de la Cruz as the general election approaches. LINK

@Rachel Maddow - Every donation to de la Cruz's campaign is a dollar upholding the value of a more equitable, just, and sustainable America. This is what democracy looks like.

@Joy Ann Reid - Michael Bloomberg, Daniel Bu and other visionaries are investing in a future that includes everyone. It's clear they see a leader in De la Cruz who can make that future a reality.

@Donna Brazile - It's not just about the numbers; it's about what they represent. De la Cruz's fundraising success signals a hungry demand for change; a better and brighter future for all Americans.

@Laura Ingraham - Interesting to see big names like Bloomberg throwing weight behind our opponent. But remember, it's not the size of the donation that counts, but the conviction behind it. McCord's campaign is powered by the people, for the people.

@Charlie Kirk - In this election, the contrast couldn't be clearer. One side leans on the elite for support, while McCord draws her strength from the heartbeat of America.

@Chris Hayes - For what it's worth, McCord has a real chance of narrowing down her focus on key states whereas de la Cruz will have to be more controlled on not spreading her money to far; too wide.

2016 Elections Major Primary Victories

@CNN Politics - Major primary elections taking place across the country in the coming days. Will be decisive in determining which party controls the House, Senate, and governorships.

@The Arizona Republic - Phoenix Mayor Greg Stanton will face Senator and 2008 Republican Presidential nominee John McCain in the fall.

@Denver Post - Study Committee Congressman Doug Lamborn defeats Freedom Caucus-backed Ken Buck to take on incumbent Michael Bennet in Colorado.

@Atlanta Journal-Constitution - Georgia Democrats nominate Jason Carter, grandson of former President Jimmy Carter, to challenge Senator Johnny Isakson.

@Miami Herald - Tampa Congresswoman Kathy Castor will face off against Republican Daniel Mina in the closely-watched Sunshine State.

@Chicago Tribune - In a major upset causing shock within the state Democratic Party, conservative Blue Dog Dan Lipinski defeats Tammy Duckworth and Robin Kelly to challenge incumbent Senator David Williams.

@Indiannapolis Star - Former Governor and Senator Evan Bayh will run against incumbent Republican John Miller in the state of Indiana.

@Des Moines Register - Former Lt. Governor Patty Judge, boosted by now-VP nominee Doug Murphy, wins the Democratic nomination to face long-time incumbent Chuck Grassley in Iowa.

@The Courier-Journal - Democrats successfully recruit former Governor Steve Beshear to run for Senate against Congressman James Comer in Kentucky. Senator Rand Paul's decision to not run for reelection shocked many in the state.

@Baltimore Sun - Progressive leader Nolan Stokes will face off against Republican challenger Kathy Szeliga in Maryland.

@St. Louis Post-Dispatch - Veteran Jason Kander set to take on incumbent Republican Roy Blunt in the state of Missouri. Early polling shows this could be a key race to watch.

@Las Vegas Review Journal - Freedom Caucus secures a victory as Attorney General Adam Laxalt defeats Barbara Cegavske to face off against Catherine Cortez Masto in Nevada. This could be a top pickup opportunity for the GOP.

@New Hampshire Union Leader - Democrats get their wish as Governor Maggie Hassan squares off with incumbent Kelly Ayotte in the critical state of New Hampshire.

@The News & Observer - Senator Richard Burr will face former Blue Dog Congressman and NFL quarterback Heath Schuler in the state of North Carolina.

@Columbus Dispatch - Columbus Mayor Michael Coleman defeats former Governor Ted Strickland and Nina Turner to challenge Senator Rob Portman in Ohio.

@Pittsbourgh Post Gazette - New Democrat Katie McGinty triumphs over Joe Sestak and John Fetterman to take on Senator Pat Toomey in the fall.

@Milwaukee Journal Sentinel - Freedom Caucus Senator Ron Johnson will face a 2010 rematch as former Senator Russ Feingold hopes to reclaim his old seat.

@LA Times - Republicans score a spot in the California Senate Election as Phil Wyman faces off against state Attorney General Kamala Harris. Congresswomen Loretta Sanchez and Barbara Lee are eliminated.

@The Advocate - New Orleans Mayor Mitch Landrieu takes on John Kennedy in the fall for the U.S. Senate in Louisiana.

@RealClearPolitics - Congressional/Gubernatorial General Election Round One Polling: LINK

Britain Votes to Remain in the European Union

@BBC News - By a 52-48 vote, the United Kingdom has voted ro remain in the European Union.

@Prime Minister David Cameron - The people of the United Kingdom have made their voices heard today. While a closer outcome than some may have expected, the victory today is a victory for a strong future.

@Boris Johnson - 48% of the nation made clear tonight that they wish to end our membership with the European Union. This simply cannot be ignored.

@Nigel Farage - David Cameron and George Osborne corruptly used the power of government to tip the scales against Brexit. They must be held accountable for this abuse.

image.png.3db9d49c2f02153f648222b408b2f8dd.png

Q3, 2016

(RL - 03/19/2024)

2016 Presidential General Election Round 1 Polling

@RealClearPolitics - 2016 Presidential General Election Round One Polling: LINK

@Jake Tapper - While much of the Rust Belt finds itself in swing territory, it is worth noting that de la Cruz currently has marginal polling leads in Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania with Ohio trending McCord.

@Jose Diaz-Balart - Both de la Cruz and McCord have strong bases of support in Nevada. In many ways, Nevada played a key role in getting them where they are today. de la Cruz holds a narrow lead and will no doubt benefit from Hispanic and union support.

@Rachel Maddow - McCord and Walker's appeal in New England shows as New Hampshire and Maine both narrowly have de la Cruz leads. These states will be critical to hold for Democrats.

@Megyn Kelly - Florida once again becomes the center of political gravity as Katherine McCord holds a narrow lead over de la Cruz. How will both campaigns get Hispanic and older voters out to the polls will be critical in this state.

@Norah O'Donnell - North Carolina once again becomes the dream of Democrats as McCord holds only a narrow lead in the key right of center state. de la Cruz's Blue Dog credentials could play well here.

@Brian Williams - Iowa finds itself locked in a heated battle as McCord narrowly leads de la Cruz in the state. The state could prove critical to either party's chances at holding the White House.

@Bret Baier - Despite being from Texas, de la Cruz finds herself down six against Katherine McCord. While a stronger showing for Democrats than recent cycles, the state could prove tricky to flip.

@Jim Acosta - McCord/Walker hold a lead in the important Sun Belt state of Arizona. Many credit former General Walker's presence on the ticket and support from John McCain as unifying the wings of the increasingly divided state GOP.

@Larry Sabato - de la Cruz holds leads in lean-blue states of Colorado, New Mexico, and Virginia while McCord is holding leads in Georgia, Indiana, and Nebraska's 2nd Congressional District.

@Larry Sabato - Issues like healthcare, entitlements, SCOTUS, the economy, national security, infrastructure, gun safety, LGBT rights, and more are expected to take center stage this campaign season.

2016 Presidential General Election Democratic Discourse

@James Carville - It's clear Murphy on the Democratic ticket was a boon for keeping the party competitive in the Rust Belt. de la Cruz and Murphy both bring a unique message that resonates with working class and union voters.

@Jeff Weaver - I think the de la Cruz/Murphy ticket, while better positioned out the gate, is going to suffer from muted progressive turnout given de la Cruz's political leanings. They can correct this base turnout issue if they utilize their resources strategically.

@Robby Mook - Progressives will come home at the end of the day when they see how extreme McCord/Walker actually are. The ticket is far better off focusing on moderates and swing voters to put Democrats over the top.

@Donna Brazile - While de la Cruz and Murphy both performed well with African American voters, they would be unwise to not continue cultivating the kinds of relationships needed to make a genuine impact to voters.

@Kyle Kulinski - de la Cruz needs to show people that she isn't Bill Clinton incarnate. We've seen the platform, we've seen the campaign. Getting too focused on being the "bipartisan" and "higher ground" candidate would be ridiculous.

@Rachel Maddow - de la Cruz needs to speak up about her foreign policy credentials more. It's clear McCord is running laps around her on those issues despite her background in national security intelligence.

2016 Presidential General Election Republican Discourse

@Sean Hannity - Walker brings the conservative populist energy that Romney/Ryan were sorely missing in 2012. McCord knows he's popular with the base, I say give the base what they want!

@Glenn Beck - McCord needs to find ways to appeal to Rollins voters. While putting Walker on the ticket doesn't particularly help with that group given how the primary was, McCord can still pick up those key voters if she plays to their issues.

@Bret Baier - Something of note that has reportedly helped ease some tension between the Walker and Rollins camps on the ground was the decision by General Walker to stump for Chuck Grassley of Iowa who endorsed Rollins earlier this year.

@Megyn Kelly - McCord is the undisputed foreign policy leader coming into this election. It would be a mistake to center the campaign on that over other key issues, this isn't 2004, but she'd do well to really emphasize the contrast in global vision.

@Steve Bannon - Global vision? McCord needs to realize that Americans are tired of the forever wars overseas. They're tired of getting involved in countries we shouldn't. Want to resonate with Americans? Get us the hell out of dodge!

@Jesse Watters - I don'y buy into the hype around de la Cruz. She says a lot of nice things on the stump that sound nice but there's little substance there. Her inexperience shows on the stump and McCord should take advantage of that.

@Rudy Giuliani - de la Cruz picked a trojan horse as her running mate. This guy makes Obama look like George Bush! Hit them where it hurts and take de la Cruz to task on her purported "moderate" policies.

@Donald Trump - IMMIGRATION! I've been saying this for months but McCord has to take my lead and talk about our southern border!

@Alex Jones - de la Cruz has the backing of globalist elite like Michael Bloomberg who bankroll her campaign! They're smuggling kids to the pizza place in D.C. and no one is talking about it!

@Franklin Graham - If McCord/Walker want to win in the fall, they need to take social conservatives seriously. The lack of sustained outreach this cycle to Christian conservatives will cause turnout issues if not addressed.

2016 Summer Olympics Begin

@ESPN - American athletes head to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil to compete in the 2016 Summer Olympic Games.

@President Barack Obama - Michelle and I wish all our American athletes well as they compete for the gold in Rio!

@Donald Trump - American Flag Emoji

U.S. Military Ends Transgender Service Ban

@Fox News - The U.S. Military has officially lifted the ban on transgender service members serving openly in the Armed Forces.

@Sean Hannity - What the hell is this country coming to? Our military isn’t a social experiment!

@Rosie O'Donnell - Conservatives pearl clutching at trans people willing to die for their right to be bigots will never not amaze me!

@Human Rights Campaign - Allowing transgender Americans to serve this country openly in our Armed Forces is a major step in the right direction for equality.

@Family Research Council - The message the Obama Administration is sending globally is that our military is more interested in checking off boxes than keeping us safe. Shameful.

FBI Director James Comes Expected to Address Public Regarding Clinton Probe

@CNN - FBI Director James Comey is expected to address the public later today regarding the agency’s investigation into former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s private email usage.

@Jesse Watters - The FBI needs to throw the book at Hillary. You all didn’t think we forgot about her?! This is about accountability!

@Donna Brazile - The witch-hunt into Hillary Clinton continues even without her being on the presidential ticket. An absolute nothing burger.

No Charges Announced by FBI Director James Comey in Clinton Probe

@NBC News - BREAKING: FBI Director James Comey announces that the FBI will not be recommending charges against Hillary Clinton over her handling of classified information.

@Norah O'Donnell - FBI Director Comey did rebuke former Secretary Clinton as being “extremely careless” and questioned her judgement over email practices.

@Jim Acosta - The FBI has concluded that there is not sufficient evidence to indicate that former Secretary Clinton willfully mishandled classified information or intentionally transmitted information.

@Donna Brazile - Worth emphasizing Director Comey’s own words to the Hillary haters out there: “our judgement is that no reasonable prosecutor would bring such a case.”

@Sean Hannity - The FBI and DoJ let Hillary Clinton off the hook for crimes they would’ve thrown away the key for if it was anyone else but a Clinton!

@Rosie O'Donnell - These morons wasted years throwing everyone at Hillary and she gets the last laugh today!

@Alex Jones - Comey, Lynch, and Clinton are all too cozy with the globalist elite, it’s no wonder the cabal are keeping them safe! Look at the flight logs!