Press Office of Anney Iyal (D-WA)

Posted (edited)

Anney Iyal's Statement on the Inauguration of President Xiomara de la Cruz

image.thumb.jpeg.146134e5253176aacd70bd259ab63920.jpeg

Today, America has reached a monumental milestone in its journey toward equality and progress. With the election of Xiomara de la Cruz as the 45th President of the United States, our nation has shattered one of its most enduring glass ceilings. As a fellow Democrat and a proud representative of the people of Washington, I extend my heartfelt congratulations to President de la Cruz on this historic achievement.

President de la Cruz's victory is not only a triumph for herself and for the Democratic Party, but also a triumph for every American who believes in the promise of equality and opportunity. By becoming the first woman to hold the highest office in the land, President-elect de la Cruz has inspired millions of women and girls across the country to pursue their dreams and aspirations without limitations. The hateful prejudges and lingering hate in this country is coming crashing down, and we have a President who I cannot be more happy and excited for. I know for a fact my daughter was thoroughly watching Election Day by my side last November, we are seeing the beginning of a new generation of activists and politicians who are looking at the future when they see the President. Throughout her distinguished career as a public servant, President-elect de la Cruz has exemplified the values of integrity, compassion, and perseverance. From her humble beginnings to her tenure as a senator, she has always been a tireless advocate for the most vulnerable among us. Now, as she prepares to assume the presidency, I am confident that she will continue to lead with the same dedication and passion that have defined her remarkable journey thus far.

As we celebrate this historic moment, let us also reflect on the progress we have made as a nation and the work that lies ahead. Let us come together as one nation, united in our commitment to building a brighter future for all Americans. And let us never forget the significance of this moment—a moment that reminds us of the boundless potential of America and the enduring strength of all of us Americans. Its not about Republicans or Democrats. Its not about Red and Blue states, its about being united as one, united in making America a better place for future generations. I am extremely confident that Xiomara de la Cruz will do great things for this country and I will fully support the de la Cruz administration in this endeavor.

Once again, congratulations, President-elect de la Cruz. May your presidency be marked by unity, progress, and prosperity for all Americans.

Edited by alaskancrabpuffs21
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Anney Iyal's Reaction to the Nomination of Paul T. Watford to the Supreme Court of the United States

image.jpeg.2ee4c311839f3b889c0507b6d4cc2ac1.jpeg

I stand in support of the nomination of Judge Paul J. Watford to the Supreme Court. His exemplary qualifications and distinguished service on the Ninth Circuit Court speak volumes about his commitment to justice and the rule of law. Judge Watford's extensive experience and keen legal mind have earned him respect across the political spectrum. Throughout his career, he has consistently demonstrated a deep understanding of the law and a steadfast dedication to upholding the principles enshrined in our Constitution.

Throughout his career people from all sides of the legal spectrum have shown nothing but praise for the work Judge Watford has done. His legal impartiality and his devotion to upholding the constitution make him the definition of a qualified Supreme Court judge. In recent days we have seen lots of attacks from Republicans saying many things that range from untrue to outlandish. However his legal career from being a clerk of Ruth Bader Ginsburg to his work on the Ninth Circuit Court have shown that Watford is ready and highly qualified to serve on the Supreme Court. 

The Republicans seem to be grasping at any argument they can, even if is Racist, untrue or complete lunacy because they have no real argument to make against his appointment. Now I ask my colleges to put down your shovels, stop digging and join me in supporting the nomination of Judge Paul J. Watford to the United States Supreme Court.

Anney Iyal Announces Election Day Holiday Bill in Seattle Rally

image.png.5f1c03319ae43b74880260ca398f6a84.png

Hello Everyone! It truly is a beautiful day here in Seattle. I am here today because I truly believe we are on the the verge of a major breakthrough in equal access for Americans to be able to vote and do their constitutional duty as Americans. Right now too many people have to balance their work and livelihoods with their constitutional rights of voting, this should not be an either or decision but a decision that can be made with the peace of mind of Election Day becoming a Holiday

I am here today to shed light as a passionate advocate for the fundamental principles of democracy. Our nation's democracy is the cornerstone of our freedom, our voice, and our ability to shape our collective future. However, for too long, we have seen barriers preventing citizens from fully participating in the electoral process. Today, I am proud to announce a pivotal step towards strengthening our democracy - the introduction of the "Election Day Holiday Act." This legislation seeks to address a fundamental issue that has plagued our electoral system for far too long: the challenge of accessibility and time constraints on Election Day.

Under this proposed legislation, Election Day will be declared a federal holiday. This means that every citizen will have the opportunity to exercise their right to vote without the burden of work obligations, school commitments, or other daily responsibilities. By making Election Day a holiday, we are sending a clear message: voting is not just a right, but a cherished duty that deserves our full attention and commitment. Furthermore, declaring Election Day a federal holiday is a crucial step towards promoting inclusively and equity in our electoral process. It acknowledges the diverse needs of our citizens, including those who may face obstacles such as long working hours, lack of transportation, or care giving responsibilities. By providing a designated day off, we are leveling the playing field and ensuring that every voice can be heard, regardless of background or circumstance.

Some may argue that making Election Day a holiday is an unnecessary expense or inconvenience. However, I firmly believe that the cost of inaction far outweighs the investment required to safeguard our democracy. The ability to participate in free and fair elections is not just a privilege, but a fundamental right that must be protected at all costs.

It is my hope that my colleagues in the Senate and in DC quickly docket and pass this bill. We must strive for making Election Day as approachable for all Americans and as Senator I will ensure that these priorities are implemented.

Anney Iyal Addresses Minimum Wage Battle

image.jpeg.1e56f1f78c97e89ee0a987f81309af84.jpeg

In a Short Statement to the media on capital hill Anney Iyal talked about the ongoing battle to raise the minimum wage saying

"Everybody knows that 7 dollars an hour is not a livable wage at all. It is imperative that we raise the minimum wage. The Republicans however have just not negotiated in any good faith at all as they are too obsessed, too self absorbed in their own drama to help even care about the American people in any capacity. For too long hard working women and men have been barely making ends meet or not at all. Inflation, and prices are rising but wages in this country are lagging behind. People and families are finding it harder and harder to make ends meet. Americans deserve better and it should be our job to ensure that people's lives are easier.

Minimum wage is not only a political tool. Not just an abstract concept, it is very real and very important to the lives of a vast majority of Americans.

Let us not mince words: the current federal minimum wage is a relic of a bygone era, a paltry sum that fails to reflect the realities of the modern economy. While the cost of living continues to skyrocket, wages have stagnated, leaving countless individuals and families trapped in a vicious cycle of poverty and despair.

We cannot, in good conscience, turn a blind eye to the suffering endured by so many of our fellow citizens. We cannot, in good conscience, allow the gap between the haves and the have-nots to continue to widen unchecked. We cannot, in good conscience, claim to be a nation of opportunity and equality while millions are denied a fair and livable wage.

The time for action is now. The time to raise the minimum wage to a level that reflects the dignity and worth of every worker is long overdue. We must heed the calls of those who labor tirelessly day in and day out, often in thankless jobs that form the backbone of our economy. We must stand in solidarity with the working women and men who keep our nation running, who put food on our tables, who care for our loved ones, and who deserve nothing less than a fair wage for their labor"

Anney Iyal Urges the House to Pass the Tsunami Warning, Education, and Research Act of 2017

image.jpeg.a92aff69515960e342821948df24948b.jpeg

I stand before you today to urge the House to Pass the Tsunami Warning, Education, and Research Act of 2017

Scientists first discovered evidence of tsunami's hitting the Pacific Northwest. Evidence of ghost forests" as well as major land slippage due to fault lines slipping under the ocean caused great curiosity amongst the Scientific Community in Oregon and Washington as to what would cause this. The results were objectively terrifying...

What scientists found was that a massive mega thrust Tsunami had hit the Juan de Fuca plate and sent a wave comparable to the Japanese 2011 Tsunami wave. The earthquake that created this was a 9.0 magnitude earthquake which is similar to the 2011 Japan Earthquake and the 2001 Indian Ocean Earthquake. Growth rings on trees showed that they stopped at the year 1699 meaning that this event was catastrophic to the Pacific Northwest.  What solidified this Tsunami was Japanese records of a

What Scientists also found was that these quakes hit approximately every 500 years as the plate needs to reset itself. These events according to Oregon State University researchers have taken place "41 times during the past 10,000 years. Those earthquakes were thought to generally occur every 500 years" and that the possibility of a Earthquake striking the Pacific Northwest in the next 50 years is 1 in 3. The chance of a mega thrust earthquake hitting the coast from Seaside Oregon to Vancouver Island British Columbia is 10 to 15 percent [1].

The risk of this taking place in Oregon and Washington and the entire Pacific Northwest is very great and it would pose a significant risk. There are legends of the Indigenous Communities, these stories my elders and my family taught me as a young girl. When the Oceans recede you must head for higher ground or be flooded. Listen to the lessons of my people, listen to the science, the time to take action is now! The lives of millions are in our hands!

Sources https://web.archive.org/web/20100527090117/http://oregonstate.edu/ua/ncs/node/13426

Anney Iyal Reacts to Bipartisan Overruling of the Judicial Filibuster on Supreme Court Nominee Ketanji Brown Jackson

image.jpeg.b9af8676091b8314a957668853554425.jpeg

Speaking to the press outside of the Capital Building today, after the vote to overrule the chair. The Senator from the Great State of Washington Anney Iyal made a statement discussing the need to take this action and the bipartisan support Jackson received in this vote.

"Well finally after 2 years of turmoil, the Supreme Court will be finally full once again. The Justice we are getting is someone who is more than qualified, is extremely diligent and extremely capable to serve out this oh so important role. The results came in and frankly both sides are tired of this Supreme Court musical chair charade.

The move to overrule the chair was one that I wish we did not have to make but is a nessisary move in light of the Republicans grand attempt to use the Supreme Court as a means to hijacking the Government and keeping deadlock throughout as many aspects of Government as they can. The Republican soap opera continued as Minority Leader came and went, and radicals like Jason Roy spread their far right rhetoric across the GOP. Now for the meantime we have seen a glimpse of stability in the Republican Party, enough to get Ketanji Brown Jackson into the Supreme Court. 

The support for Ketanji was bipartisan and is a major win for Bipartisanship in DC. It has become more and more disheartening on Capital Hill lately to focus on the constant divide. Finally we have seen Senators on both sides of the aisle come together and finally fulfill their Constitutional responsibility and fill the Supreme Court. 

I hope and pray that this is the beginning of more normalcy on Capital Hill because frankly we are tired of the political Mickey Mouse games that have been going on in the Republican Party for months now. The Democrats have shown once again that we bring stability and leadership to the table while Republicans bring chaos and disorder.

Thank You"