Sen. Tony Johnson (R-OK) - Press Office and Public Appearances

Posted (edited)

THE GENERAL'S WEEKLY NEWSLETTER

SENATOR TONY JOHNSON

"Hi, Oklahomans. The General, here. I'm addressing you from my kitchen table. The same kitchen table Laura and I would have breakfast and dinner with Junior. I love my family and I would be devastated to see anything happen to them. That's why the terrorist attack in Birmingham aches my heart as it does. Serving in our Marine Corps for so long, I have seen terrible violence and evil permeate throughout our land and it still continues. I want every Oklahoman to be safe, feel confident in the nation's security, and do everything they can to protect their loved ones. Rest assured, as your U.S. Senator, I will be pressing the administration on better ways to shore up our defenses, protect us from evil-doers, and provide American families the safety and security we need. God bless you and and Pray for Birmingham"

- /s/ ANTHONY JOHNSON /s/

!BEWARE! IMPORTANT REMINDER

The Department of Homeland Security and FBI have released a directive to major concert and sport venues across the United States to maintain high alert in the wake of the bombing overseas. Do not panic but be smart. Our Senate Office is in touch with local and state security officials and have urged them to provide enhanced protection to sports venues such as the O'Brate Stadium; the Paycom Center; and other venues.

VOTES AGAINST BAD CABINET NOMINEES

The nominations of Michele Flournoy for the Department of Defense and Peter Orszag for the Office of Management and Budget are bad decisions for one reason: both individuals lack good judgement. Flournoy's role in the Obama administration and Clinton-run foreign policy was a disaster and Peter Orszag's fondness for walking in and out of the revolving door between Wall Street and Washington is even less endearing. Both nominations are a threat to Oklahomans and I gladly voted against them.

CALIFORNIA SHOULD TAKE A FEDERAL LOAN

The fight over federal resources is always a tough battle for someone who is budget-conscious like myself. The idea to give California a loan to repair a collapsed bridge of the Interstate-5 that runs up through Oregon and Washington is a sensible idea. If a viable loan program is not included in the deal, I will not vote for the I-5 Relief Act. California is one of many states that have mismanaged their own state budgets and now they are looking for hard-working Oklahomans to pick up the tab. I don't want to and I'm sure you don't either, so you can count on me to defend our pocketbook-sanity.

That's all for right now. Please invite your Oklahoma friends and neighbors to stay informed and sign up for my newsletter. If you have any comments or issues you'd like to address, my e-mailbox is open for the incoming: generaltonyokc@senate.gov works just fine.

Edited by General Eric
  • Like 1