New York Times - A Vision for Us: Policies Rooted in Progress

image.thumb.png.066a0274cbb44702416a5acfeb77497a.png

image.png.91bb81081b2e77e78b0a0208b897b6a0.png

A Vision for Us: Policies Rooted in Progress

Senator Camilo J. deSonido

My Fellow Americans,

As we approach the upcoming primary, I write to you not just as a candidate, but as a partner in our shared pursuit of progress. This isn't merely about political maneuvering—it's about forging a path forward that uplifts each and every one of us, regardless of background or circumstance. It's about crafting policies that reflect the realities of our lives and the aspirations we hold for ourselves and our communities.

Let's talk about the essentials, the daily challenges and triumphs that shape our existence. Take, for example, the struggle to make ends meet. Too many of us find ourselves grappling with the balancing act of bills and responsibilities, all while harboring dreams of a brighter future. That's why I am steadfast in my commitment to raising the minimum wage to $20 by 2025. It's about ensuring that hard work is rewarded with fair compensation, laying the groundwork for economic stability and prosperity. Then there's healthcare, a cornerstone of a just and equitable society. I firmly believe in a healthcare system that is accessible and affordable for all, which is why I advocate for Medicare for All. It's about guaranteeing every American the peace of mind that comes with knowing they can seek medical care without fear of financial ruin.

Education, too, is key to unlocking the promise of our nation. Yet, the burden of student debt all too often stands in the way of realizing that promise. That's why I champion tuition-free public college - a transformative investment in our future that ensures every individual has the opportunity to pursue their dreams and contribute to our collective progress. When it comes to jobs, we need opportunities that not only sustain us financially but also propel us toward a brighter tomorrow. My proposal for a national infrastructure bank with a $1 trillion investment is more than just a plan to rebuild roads and bridges - it's a blueprint for creating 13 million jobs that drive innovation, bolster economic growth, and revitalize communities across the nation.

But beyond the policies lies a deeper truth—this is about us, our shared values, and our collective vision for America. It's about rallying around a common purpose, transcending the barriers that too often divide us, and moving forward together toward a future defined by progress, opportunity, and shared prosperity. As we stand on the threshold of a new era, I invite you to join me in this journey. Let's work hand in hand to build a future that reflects the best of who we are as a nation—a future rooted in progress, justice, and the relentless pursuit of a better tomorrow.

FOR US,

Camilo Jabari deSonido

Candidate for President

Edited by Camilo deSonido
  • Like 1