Press Office of Katherine McCord

Katherine McCord for America Campaign Launch

Madam-Secretary-Elizabeth-1014x570.png

Greenville, South Carolina - At her home outside of Greenville South Carolina, Senator Katherine McCord has officially announced her candidacy for President of the United States.

Ladies and gentlemen, fellow Americans, and distinguished guests,

Thank you for joining me today as I stand before you to announce my candidacy for the highest office in our great nation. It is with great humility, a deep sense of duty, and a profound love for our country that I am proudly declaring my bid for the presidency of the United States.

Before I delve into the reasons behind my decision, let me express my gratitude to the people of South Carolina for the trust and support you've bestowed upon me as your Senator. It is a privilege to serve you, and it is that same commitment to public service that drives me to seek the presidency.

Our nation stands at a crossroads, facing unprecedented challenges that demand strong leadership, unwavering principles, and a dedication to the fundamental values that define us as Americans. Throughout my career, both in the private sector and in public service, I have worked tirelessly to uphold these values and protect the freedoms that make our country exceptional.

As your senator, I have fought for economic policies that empower businesses to thrive and create jobs, recognizing that a prosperous America benefits all its citizens. I have championed policies that strengthen our national security, ensuring that the brave men and women of our military have the resources and support they need to keep us safe. 

But now, the challenges we face are greater than ever. We find ourselves grappling with issues that transcend partisan lines and require bold, pragmatic solutions. I am ready to lead our nation with courage, conviction, and a commitment to unity.

My fellow Americans, our journey toward a brighter future requires us to bridge the divides that have strained our nation. It is time for us to come together as one people, united by our shared love for this extraordinary land. I pledge to work tirelessly to heal the wounds that divide us, to build bridges of understanding, and to create an environment where every citizen's voice is heard and respected.

Together, we can navigate the challenges ahead, secure a prosperous future for our children, and ensure that the American dream remains within reach for all. I humbly ask for your support, for your partnership on this incredible journey, as we strive to make America stronger, safer, and more united than ever before.

May God bless you all, and may God continue to bless the United States of America. Thank you.

FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT:

ALEXANDER CLAYON

PRESS SECRETARY

MCCORD FOR AMERICA CAMPAIGN

Katherine McCord Speech on National Defense in Norfolk

29906170001_3851905508001_2014-10-20-Tea

Norfolk Virginia - Senator Katherine McCord was in Norfolk Virginia to speak at length on her views on the evolution of the United States Military as it evolves in the 21st century.

"Hello Norfolk. It is always a honor and privilege to come to the east coast home of the United States Navy.

I spent ten years of my life serving in the Armed Forces of our great nation and at bases across our nation. It was always awe inspiring when I came to a place like here and could see first hand the majesty of our fleets and the influence that our Armed Forces could project. The times and threats that faced the United States have changed since 1994 when I first entered Colorado Springs. The Cold War has just ended, with the threat of communism, nuclear war and the ever present threat of an invasion by the Soviet Union still a fresh and raw memory for many. The threat of conventional conflict from Russia fell into the arms of radical extremism, terrorism and entire new frontiers in warfare.

The threats have changed, but the need for a strong and vigorous Armed Forces has not wavered, nor a strong foreign policy to face these threats head on. We need a strong foreign policy that focuses on empowering, not only ourselves, but our international allies and partners. America has long been seen as the home of the free and the land of the brave. We are the Beacon of Democracy throughout the world and we must not lose sight of that. America stands up for it's allies and commitments.

That means pledging to be there for our NATO allies as they seek to contain Russian aggression and influence in eastern Europe. When we accepted Poland, the Baltic states into NATO, it was with the understanding that we would be there for them. That pledge has not changed, and under my Presidency it will never change. I will push for all of our NATO allies to meet their 2% minimum spending requirements as it required under NATO. If our eastern European allies can meet those requirements, there is no reason that the rest of our allies can't. When renewed funding for modernization of our NATO forces, we can contain and roll back Russian influence in eastern Europe and prove to the Kremlin Europe will not roll over to their increasingly aggressive postures.

In the Pacific, China is increasingly attempt to push it's influence out further and further out and threatening our allies throughout the Indo-Pacific sphere. We must invest in the expansion of our blue water capabilities, ensuring that the United States Navy remains the pre-eminent Naval force in the world, and that it can respond to threats, anywhere in the world and move to defend our allies with the fastest possible speed. We must also be prepared stand up for all of our democratic allies and partners around the entire Indo-Pacific and for those who are prepared to step up to those ideals that we as Americans hold dear.

Possibly most importantly, our Armed Forces must evolve. The war on terror has taught us one thing, if nothing else, we will not get the blitzkrieg smackdown of the Second World War. We face an opponent that will not be shocked and awed. We must change the way we fight against these enemies of freedom and democracy. We must increase our intelligence gathering capabilities, both in terms of the electronic intelligence we are so good in, but invest in plain old boots on the ground, we must target the leaders of these terror networks and bring them to justice. Finally, we must hold accountable any and all nation states that support international terrorism in all forms, and hold those governments and leaders directly responsible for supporting terrorism and we will stamp ISIS out, once and for all.

This will take time and effort, but as Americans, we have always been prepared to stand up for what is right and just in the world, and ready to fight to make this a better world, not just for us, but our children and our children's children, and I hope that you are all ready to march with me.

Thank you."

Katherine McCord Makes Stop in El Paso to Discuss Immigration and Border Security

971f7262b2c0635bd4eaaaede4c58be9

El Paso, Texas - Senator Katherine McCord made a campaign stop near the United States-Mexico border, in El Paso Texas to speak on her plan for comprehensive immigration reform and securing our southern border.

"Hello El Paso.

Immigration Reform has long been seen as one of the most sensitive topics in the United States. I was in the Senate when the Gang of Eight attempted to pass a comprehensive immigration reform Bill. They worked together and came to a Bill and conclusion that both sides could work with and it passed by an overwhelming majority in the Senate, with both Democrats and Republicans voting in favor; It unfortunately died on the Order Paper in the House of Representatives, but the attempt of the Gang of Eight proves that bipartisan immigration reform is not only possible, but has been done before. If elected President, I would spearhead an attempt to have an immigration and border security Bill passed, and on my desk within the first year of inauguration. 

Further I would hire up to 500 additional immigration judges to ease and cut down on the severe backlog of cases currently holding up the courts, that is stopping so many that want to legally immigrate to the United States and holding them up in some cases for years. These are people who want to be Americans who are held up by a backlogged bureaucracy. It's time to change that.

We will not forget those in foreign nations that wish to immigrate to the United States or fleeing prosecution in their home nations that make long and in many cases extremely dangerous journeys to our southern border. To assist these would be Americans and refugees, I would set up regional processing centers in Mexico and throughout Central America so that these people can make it to these processing centers and begin the process of being admitted into our great nation rather then coming to the border to be heartbroken. We welcome all that wish to come and join our great American family, but they must do so lawfully and orderly. We want to welcome you, but there is a process and those are willing to follow will find themselves welcomed with open arms. 

Fixing the Immigration situation would go a long way to aiding in securing our border, but it's not the only step. We need real investments at the border itself. If elected President, I would invest 5 Billion dollars per year in both upgrades to border security infrastructure, the hiring of additional border security officers to patrol the border and making sure that they have the training and the equipment to properly defend the American frontier.

To cut down on illegal immigration within our nation, we would introduce mandatory E-Verify and create a national database for all those who enter into our nation so we know those that who are here legally will be protected and to reduce crime, by introducing mandatory lifetime bans from those who have engaged in criminal activity on American soil.

America is free country and a fair country but we are first and foremost a nation of laws. For those who wish to join us here, and wish to do so lawfully and legally, we welcome you and look forward to bringing you into the American fold. For those who don't, there are consequences and you must be prepared to face them. The work for a fair immigration and border security reform may begin in Washington, but it ends here places like El Paso, so we must work to make these border as secure as we can, and together we can do it!

Thank you."