Press Office of Charles Walker 2016

• Administrator

LBJ and the origins of congressional power - Vox

Charles Walker Announcement Speech

Los Angeles, California 

LOS ANGELES -- Gen. Charles Walker, USA (ret.) delivered a speech in Los Angeles, California announcing his candidacy for President of the United States of America. Below are some of the remarks he delivered.

"I'm tired of the same Washington games. Year after year, decade after decade, the same politicians are selling the same lies. It's the same names you see each time, telling you to keep hoping, while failing to deliver results. Folks can't find work. Food, gas, and healthcare is more expensive. Our reputation has been tarnished on the world stage. Yet, it seems after each passing vote, members of Congress' net worth grows a little bit more, while yours shrinks. It has become less and less about your interests and more about the interests of high-paying lobbyists and billionaire megadonors. It's become a feature of the system. And it's wrought hell on our people.

And I think, whether you're a Democrat or a Republican, as long as you're an American paying attention, we can all agree -- the system is broken. Our government has failed us. As your jobs are shipped overseas, and as your livelihoods have been ripped out from under you like a rug, little to nothing has been done to stop it. As China grows stronger, our economy and our military has been weakened. As terrorists grow more emboldened, our military has been cut out from the knees to act decisively against them. You have to ask yourself, friends: do you feel safer than you did four or eight years ago? Do you feel more confident about the future of this country? Do you feel like you've been dealt a fair hand by our government, by your representatives, by our commander-in-chief? 

I know my answer. I know a lot of Americans had hope the last eight years. They sure wanted change. And right now, it might appear as though it might have passed you by. Well, frankly, I'm tired of hoping. I'm tired of waiting for change. It's time for action. It's time for results. It's time to have leadership in place in Washington that has your values, your interests, and your livelihood in mind before their own. 

We need to secure our border and enforce our laws; together, we will. 

We need to restore America's reputation abroad, eliminate ISIS for good, and stop Iran from obtaining a nuclear weapon; together, we will. 

We need to become energy independent, expand offshore drilling, and deliver on fracking; together, we will. 

We need to stop the conveyor belt of American jobs heading to China and reinvigorate our economy; together, we will. 

That is why, today, I am announcing my candidacy for President of the United States of America." 

Walker-Campaign-Logo.png

• Administrator

Walker 2016 Platform Released

NASHUA -- Charles Walker has released his platform for the 2016 Presidential campaign. It can be viewed in full below. 

11 hours ago, Ollie said:

Walker-Campaign-Logo.png

Fellow Americans,

Plain and simple: Washington is broken. It has been for a long time. Americans have been watching as politicians make the same promises every single election, and when it comes time to govern, the promises are never kept. Americans have watched as our economy remains weak, our reputation across the world remains tarnished, and their hopes for the American dream die out. I'm tired of sitting on the sidelines and watching politicians who accept themselves as another cog inside the Washington machine. I spent over 35 years as a member of our Armed Forces. I was in the Gulf War, the Afghan war, and the Iraq war. I commanded thousands of men and women on the ground. I know the stakes of what it means to be commander-in-chief. But there's one thing I'm not and that is a Washington insider. 

Unlike many of my opponents, I don't have a rolodex of Washington lobbyists and megadonors at my fingertips. I'm not on the lists for invitations to elite parties and fundraisers. My ideas and vision for this country have not been vigorously vetted by focus groups or high-paid political consultants. This vision I'm presenting to you is from the heart. It comes from my years of experience as member of the Army. It comes from years of watching politics as an American citizen. And, most of all, it comes from my connections to the people of this country: my family, my neighbors, my community, and you. We're tired of hoping. We're tired of waiting for change. We're ready for results. And I believe I am uniquely positioned to deliver results as President, for you, for your family, and for your community. 

Below, I will outline my vision, and I hope you to decide to join this campaign -- a campaign that believes we can fix Washington without looking to leaders who helped break it in the first place.

SIGNED, 

charleswalkersignature.thumb.png.05a22be02e739cb4ebaf6ce5c6d182fd.png

A Vision to Resurrect America

PlatformFinal__DefenseAndSecurity.thumb.jpg.6ad7cced62c9188c8c9066443cbdcbb3.jpg

Facing Our Adversaries Head On

Usa Flag Star PNG & SVG Design For T-Shirts  We will withdraw from the corrupt and shortsighted Iran deal and isolate Iran while stopping their march toward a nuclear weapon and combatting their sponsoring and funding of terrorism across the world. 

Usa Flag Star PNG & SVG Design For T-Shirts We need a President who will end the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan the right way. Charles Walker has the experience necessary to bring our troops home from Afghanistan without jeopardizing the work we've done against al-Qaeda and the Taliban. 

Usa Flag Star PNG & SVG Design For T-Shirts The shooting in San Bernardino has made it more clear than ever: we must eliminate ISIS and its extremist elements at all costs. We can no longer sit by and watch as innocent civilians are beheaded and their quest to spread Islamic extremism goes unchecked. Charles Walker knows what it will take to bring them to a permanent end and is ready to act on a plan from day one to achieve it. 

Usa Flag Star PNG & SVG Design For T-ShirtsIsrael remains our greatest ally in the Middle East and one of our closest allies in the world. We will continue to assist Israel militarily as they combat terrorism internally and internationally. 

Secure Our Border and Our Country

Usa Flag Star PNG & SVG Design For T-Shirts Build the fence, end the revolving door, and secure our ports. It's time to put a stop to the endless flow of undocumented immigrants coming over our border and into our airports.

Usa Flag Star PNG & SVG Design For T-ShirtsReform our immigration system and make it easier to deport illegal immigrants. At the moment, our system is bogged down in court cases. We must make it more efficient and easier to deport illegal immigrants. 

Usa Flag Star PNG & SVG Design For T-ShirtsDramatically expand ICE to find and deport illegal immigrants. We will dramatically expand the number of ICE agents on the ground working to find illegal immigrants and arrest them for deportation. 

Usa Flag Star PNG & SVG Design For T-ShirtsInstitute E-Verify and ensure American companies are compliant. All employees should be verified as American citizens and all U.S. companies will be in compliance or face penalty. 

American Respect

Usa Flag Star PNG & SVG Design For T-ShirtsWe can never again agree to a deal with a foreign country that doesn't put Americans first. Whether it be a trade deal, in the United Nations, or NATO, I will never agree to a deal that doesn't put the interests of the American people at the forefront. No longer will the interests of foreign organizations trump those of American voters. 

Usa Flag Star PNG & SVG Design For T-ShirtsIt's time to end our reliance on Chinese goods and get serious about China's currency manipulation, IP piracy, and their working against U.S. interests in regions across the world. We will use economic penalties against China liberally if they refuse to come to the table on these issues. 

Usa Flag Star PNG & SVG Design For T-ShirtsA red line means a red line and the President should uphold their promises. As President, Charles Walker will never walk-back on his promises to take on autocrats and dictators who threaten stability and American interests abroad. 

Free Trade Means Fair Trade

Usa Flag Star PNG & SVG Design For T-ShirtsTPP must be changed to include more vigorous protections for pharmaceutical prices, as it becomes increasingly clear we must protect American seniors from price gouging. Free trade must mean fair trade. 

Usa Flag Star PNG & SVG Design For T-ShirtsNAFTA and several other trade agreements must be renegotiated in their entirety to meet the needs of the 21st century. American jobs have been shipped overseas for too long due to longstanding policies that do not benefit American workers. 

Usa Flag Star PNG & SVG Design For T-ShirtsWe must implement stringent guidelines for the future to protect American workers during free trade negotiations, including provisions that block trade agreements from being ratified if it is found they would contribute to the outsourcing of American jobs. 

Platform-Final-Economic.jpg

Resurrect America's Economy

Usa Flag Star PNG & SVG Design For T-ShirtsReduce taxes across the board by eliminating capital-gains, the death tax, and the Obamacare tax penalty. For far too long, we have burdened American families by continuously raising taxes and creating new ones. 

Usa Flag Star PNG & SVG Design For T-ShirtsWe will cut current federal regulations on businesses and entrepreneurs in half during the first term of Charles Walker. It's time to end the burdensome red tape so many face when starting a business. 

Usa Flag Star PNG & SVG Design For T-ShirtsDouble mortgage deduction credits to encourage families to buy homes and invest in our economy. We must move past the fear of buying homes and we must provide the next generation the opportunity to buy their own home. 

Usa Flag Star PNG & SVG Design For T-ShirtsForge new agreements that put American jobs first. I know that leadership of the past was willing to sacrifice American jobs and American wealth for good trade relations. I will axe that practice the first day I'm in office. 

Usa Flag Star PNG & SVG Design For T-ShirtsInvest over $750 billion into U.S. infrastructure: schools, roads, rural broadband, and more, spending money that would've been spent on war instead on rebuilding our roads, bridges, and transportation systems. This would create millions of new jobs in construction.

Usa Flag Star PNG & SVG Design For T-ShirtsDefend Medicare and Social Security from attacks on both sides. Both parties are guilty for trying to change, reform, cut, or eliminate social security and Medicare. As President, I will defend them tooth and nail, and never allow the retirement age to go up, or for social security benefits to be cut. 

Better Healthcare, Less Government 

Usa Flag Star PNG & SVG Design For T-ShirtsWe will immediately end the individual mandate on day one. We will not let the government decide for the American people when it comes to their health and insurance. We will not become a nation which picks and chooses for its own free people. 

Usa Flag Star PNG & SVG Design For T-Shirts Give power back to the states. While we repeal the bulk of Obamacare, we will continue to direct Medicaid expansion funding to the states, giving them the power and opportunity to decide what best fits their own system of healthcare.

Usa Flag Star PNG & SVG Design For T-ShirtsProtect Americans by ensuring those with pre-existing conditions are never denied coverage. We will not allow corporations to profit off of Americans who are disabled or suffering from cancer. 

Usa Flag Star PNG & SVG Design For T-ShirtsOverhaul the FDA and make the drug approval process more efficient and quicker, so that lower-priced drugs aren't left off the shelf because of bureaucracy and government red-tape. I believe it is imperative we quickly lower drug-costs for American's who already struggle to pay the bills. 

Usa Flag Star PNG & SVG Design For T-Shirts Provide employers cheaper and better options for their employees, so millions of hard-working American's are able to get health insurance directly through their employer, rather than the federal government. 

American Energy Independence

Usa Flag Star PNG & SVG Design For T-ShirtsImmediately begin opening up public land for exploration and possible production of oil. We must become less dependent on foreign governments like Saudi Arabia and begin producing more here in the United States. That means expanding fracking, approving the keystone pipeline, and opening up ANWR.

Usa Flag Star PNG & SVG Design For T-ShirtsCreate more pipelines, more nuclear energy centers, and invest further in ensuring that permits for oil and gas wells are approved and expedited. Not only will this begin the path for American energy independence, it will create millions of jobs for American's who need then. 

Usa Flag Star PNG & SVG Design For T-ShirtsFight against the ridiculous rules around innovations like hydraulic fracturing and continue to invest in these new technologies. At the same time, we will invest in defending them from far-left activist groups who seek to destroy American jobs.

Usa Flag Star PNG & SVG Design For T-ShirtsAggressively expand trading opportunities to provide American energy companies to export. We will work closely with allies in opening new pathways of exporting American energy resources, meeting the large global demand of oil and gas. 

Usa Flag Star PNG & SVG Design For T-Shirts Coal will not be abandoned under my administration. We will continue to fight for the coal industry, for coal workers, and make sure extremist members of the left do not make them extinct through their overzealous and shoddy science. 

Platform-Final-Drainthe-Sw-amp.jpg

Pop the D.C. Bubble

Usa Flag Star PNG & SVG Design For T-ShirtsWe will stamp out corruption within our government and within the bureaucracy root and stem under a Walker administration. It's time to stop D.C. insider trading, the revolving lobbyist door, and quid-pro-quo backroom deals. 

Usa Flag Star PNG & SVG Design For T-ShirtsWalker supports 20 year term limits for members of Congress. It seems the same politicians are influencing Washington decade after decade, promising the same things, while never living up to them. It's time to end the lifelong D.C. career and make sure our representatives are working for us and not their party or themselves. 

Usa Flag Star PNG & SVG Design For T-ShirtsDirect the AG to appoint a Special Prosecutor to investigate the IRS scandal, the Libyan embassy attack, and the Clinton State Department. We hear about these stories of corruption and scandal, but never see consequences for it. It's time politicians are treated like average Americans and prove nobody is above the law in this country.

Usa Flag Star PNG & SVG Design For T-ShirtsReform the Super PAC quagmire and end foreign money in politics. Transparency must be brought back to the political donation process. Foreign money and money from criminals should not be funneled freely into Super PACs for what amounts to a legal bribe. 

Usa Flag Star PNG & SVG Design For T-ShirtsBan stock trading for members of Congress. Insider trading in Congress has run rampant and it is time our elected officials worry less about their portfolio and more about American kitchen table issues. 

Usa Flag Star PNG & SVG Design For T-ShirtsCreate a Presidential Task Force Against Corruption. We will find elements of corruption and ensure American taxpayer dollars are not being used for vanity projects or luxury travel abroad. 

Platform-Final-Education.jpg

Less Government, More Community

Usa Flag Star PNG & SVG Design For T-ShirtsReduce government interference in education by reforming the Department of Education and federal policy by giving more power back to school boards, communities, teachers, and parents. 

Usa Flag Star PNG & SVG Design For T-ShirtsEmpower parents by investing in after-school programs, especially after-school athletic programs. We must bring back a sense of community, and sports brings communities together. 

Usa Flag Star PNG & SVG Design For T-ShirtsEmpower families by investing in childcare programs, especially for low-income families that cannot afford it. Charles Walker firmly supports funding childcare grants for low-income and middle-class families. 
Usa Flag Star PNG & SVG Design For T-ShirtsStop the politicization of our schools and invest into teacher training and teacher salaries. Tenure and teacher unions have hurt our schools. We will put a stop to it.

Usa Flag Star PNG & SVG Design For T-Shirts Emphasize the continued investment and partnership with charter schools across the nation. Offering parents choices in the modern era is important, especially in rural areas across the country which might be better served by a charter school. 

Usa Flag Star PNG & SVG Design For T-ShirtsInvest in public school lunch programs, ensuring every child in America is fed breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Send money to states to begin offering low-income families a dinner option for their children to bring home from school. 

Platform-Final-Values.jpg

Family Values for America

Usa Flag Star PNG & SVG Design For T-ShirtsProudly pro-life and will protect the unborn as President. He will reinstate the Mexico City Policy, defund Planned Parenthood, and invest in alternatives, including adoption and our foster care system. 

Usa Flag Star PNG & SVG Design For T-ShirtsThe scourge of drugs continues to harm families; we must stop it in its tracks. Illicit drugs continue to deteriorate families. We must invest in mental health facilities, rehab facilities, and give Americans on the wrong track the opportunity to get back on the right track.

Usa Flag Star PNG & SVG Design For T-ShirtsFight back against the war on Christmas and religion. Family values includes tradition; we won't allow leftists to impose their views on us, which means saying Merry Christmas and God Bless again without fear of retribution.

Usa Flag Star PNG & SVG Design For T-ShirtsFamily values includes less discrimination and barriers for all Americans. Charles Walker believes in the Civil Rights Act, the Americans With Disabilities Act, and will defend all groups of Americans, regardless of their color, gender, religious beliefs, or sexual orientation, from discrimination. 

Civil and Religious Liberty

Usa Flag Star PNG & SVG Design For T-ShirtsOppose any and all efforts to infringe on our second amendment right. As a proud hunter and gun owner, Charles Walker will never allow D.C. politicians to infringe on your right to own a firearm. 

Usa Flag Star PNG & SVG Design For T-ShirtsDefend freedom of religion without reservation. We've seen the left come for our ability to pray, our ability to worship, and our ability to practice religion. Charles Walker will defend religious freedom as President, full-stop.

Usa Flag Star PNG & SVG Design For T-ShirtsEnsure a government organization never unfairly targets you. The 2013 IRS scandal was unacceptable. We must institute stringent guidelines to ensure every American is treated fairly and equally by the government. 

Usa Flag Star PNG & SVG Design For T-ShirtsOppose burdensome regulations and government restrictions. Whether it be the EPA or the Department of Labor, the American people should not be burdened by government overreach. We will put a stop to it by ending the overreach within the Clean Water Act and the Clean Air Act. 

• Administrator

Nashville Then: President LBJ re-election campaign visit in Oct. 1964

Charles Walker Wins South Carolina, Defies the Odds

LOS ANGELES -- Charles Walker was victorious tonight in the state of South Carolina, the home state of Senator Katherine McCord, defying expectations and odds of pundits and commentators across the nation by placing close seconds in Iowa and New Hampshire as well. Charles Walker provided remarks on the state of the race from Los Angeles, where his campaign has headquartered ahead of Super Tuesday.

"I'm fired up. The people of South Carolina spoke loudly tonight. The momentum I've seen for this campaign has grown stronger and stronger and there is no better proof than what's in the pudding. Iowa, New Hampshire, thank you. We beat career politicians tonight. You used your voice and woke up the establishment tonight. I saw earlier Senator John McCain and Governor Mitt Romney endorsed my opponents. I have great respect for Senator McCain, a hero to the country. Governor Romney fought valiantly for what he believes in. But they lost. They lost to this President, who has failed us, time and time again. The direction of our party, and the direction of our country, can no longer be dictated and puppeteered by career politicians and creates of the Capitol. It's time we move on from that and on to leaders who will deliver us more than hope; leaders that will actually deliver results. 

"This campaign -- I offer an alternative. A lot of folks have told me they weren't paying attention to politics before this election, that they've become so disillusioned with it, they don't even want to hear about it. But look, that's not an option anymore. This time, it's up to us. This time, we put our foot down. We wake up in the morning, pull ourselves out of bed, and get in the fight. Because we have to. The future of this country depends on people like you putting your foot down and saying enough is enough. We're tired of it. Our jobs matter. Our southern border should be protected. Our children should be safe enough to play outside. Conservatives shouldn't be unfairly targeted by the government simply for being conservative. Corrupt politicians shouldn't be able to harm the national security of our country and get off free without consequence. We have to do more than just pay attention, my friends, we have to fight back!

"And I'm glad to be fighting back, I'm glad to be in this race, because it's clear we can win this damn thing. We're now on to Super Tuesday. These next primaries will very likely decide the outcome of this race. And we need all hands on deck. Get in the fight. Get registered to vote. This campaign is strong, my will is stronger than ever. Doug Murphy's policies would be detrimental to our country. He's not only offering another four years of what we've already had -- he's offering a more extreme version of it. We know what we're up against. The question now is, how do we beat them? I can tell you: we do it by sending someone into the race who hasn't spent their time voting for the spending packages, tax hikes, and backroom negotiated deals that Doug Murphy has. And I'm the only one in this race who can claim that. Get in the fight! Vote! Thank you, God bless you, and God bless the United States."