Press Office For Senator David Williams (R-IL)

Senator Williams Announces Re-Election Bid

Gabriel Macht Looks Super Hot While Promoting 'Suits' in NYC: Photo 3562241  | Gabriel Macht, Suits Photos | Just Jared: Entertainment News

Senator David Williams (R-IL) announcing his re-election campaign

Chicago, IL- Earlier this afternoon, Senator David Williams hosted an event at University of Chicago Law School, to announce his re-election bid for the 2016 election of the Illinois class 3 seat. During his speech, he stated that he feels his job isn't finished yet, hence why he is running for re-election. The clip of the speech is below: 

Hello, Chicago.

It's an honor to stand before you today, as we embark on a journey together, a journey that shapes the very future of our great nation. I stand before you as David Williams, and I am proud to announce my candidacy for re-election to the United States Senate.

As I look back on the past term, I am humbled by the trust and confidence you, the people, have placed in me to represent your voices in Washington. Throughout my tenure, I have tirelessly worked to uphold the values and principles that make America exceptional, and I have remained steadfast in my commitment to serving the best interests of our citizens.

Today, I want to speak to you about one of the most pressing issues facing our nation: the economy. The economic well-being of our country is not just a statistic or a talking point—it is the lifeblood of our nation, the foundation upon which our prosperity is built. And let me assure you, my fellow Americans, that I am fully dedicated to ensuring that our economy remains strong, vibrant, and resilient.

But our work is far from over. As we confront the challenges of the 21st century, we must continue to pursue policies that promote economic growth, innovation, and prosperity for all. We must invest in infrastructure to modernize our roads, bridges, and airports, laying the groundwork for future economic success. We must expand access to quality education and job training programs, equipping our workforce with the skills they need to compete in the global marketplace. And we must champion free and fair trade agreements that open new markets for American goods and services, strengthening our position as a global economic leader.

I choose to stand on the side of freedom, opportunity, and prosperity. I choose to stand with you, the hardworking men and women of this great nation, as we chart a course toward a brighter future for ourselves and for generations to come. I'm here to say that we can make every American lives easier financially and socially!

As I said in my previous campaign, I'm an Illinoisan first. I put you, the people, over party. And when re-elected for another term as your Senator, I will continue to do the same!

Thank you, and God bless Chicago, and God Bless Illinois.

For media inquires, please contact Melinda Paige at mpaige@Williams.Senate.gov or call the Washington office at 202-555-6969.