Senator Croft Mourns the Loss of John Glenn

CLEVELAND, OHIO - Following the death of former U.S. Senator from Ohio and astronaut John Glenn, Senator Will Croft has issued the following statement: 

"My husband and I send our heartfelt condolences to Annie Glenn and the entire Glenn family on the loss of a great American and consumate Ohioan, John Glenn. As a lifelong Ohioan, I have a personal connecting to John and a unique understanding of his unprecedented achievements and contributions to our national story. Every child growing up in Ohio learns about John from an early age. We learn about his historic role in advancing America's dominance in the space race, and of his continued commitment to our state as one of our most prolific Senators. This is a sad day for our country, but it is a very sad day for the people of Ohio.

John, of course, wouldn't want us to be sad. He was a true optimist, with an adventurer's spirit. So it is with that spirit in mind that I humbly suggest that we use this moment to celebrate John's achievements. It is because of men like John that every American alive today knows that, both metaphorically and literally, the sky is not the limit to our people's potential. It is by John's example that we now know that American ingenuity, strength, and bravery has the capacity to break past the dominion of our planet and forge a new path beyond the stars. We are a better country because of John's decades of service, and he is yet another reason that millions of us are proud to call Ohio home."