Sign in to follow this  
TexAgRepublican

Immigration Press Conference

President Trump takes your questions from the Brady Press Briefing Room in response to various immigration news. (You can also ask about other issues, too)

Ana L. Beeds, New York Post 

“Mr. President, considering the controversy going on at the Mayo Clinic right now, will the administration pursue any official changes in federal organ donation policy?”

6 minutes ago, Sweet Daddy said:

Ana L. Beeds, New York Post 

“Mr. President, considering the controversy going on at the Mayo Clinic right now, will the administration pursue any official changes in federal organ donation policy?”

We'll definitely be looking into that. You know, we have people in this country who are legal Americans who have to wait years for this sort of thing. I've been told you have to wait like three to five years to get one of these. And then this person comes into our country and gets one while legal Americans are still waiting. It's totally unfair, and we have to do something about it. I think Congress should look into this, and I know my people will be looking into it as well. 

Ronny Blaze, Buzzfeed News

"Mr. President, how do you react to reports that closing the U.S. border with Mexico would cause our country to run out of avocados?"

Just now, DMH said:

Ronny Blaze, Buzzfeed News

"Mr. President, how do you react to reports that closing the U.S. border with Mexico would cause our country to run out of avocados?"

I don't want to close down the border. I really don't. But I'll do whatever it takes to protect our country. You know, we actually produce a lot of avocados here in America. I'm told that we make some of the best avocados. So I'm sure we'll be fine. Mexico, maybe not so much. But I'm sure they'll do the right thing. 

Noah O'Brien, Huffington Post

"Mr. President, will you be looking at potentially suspending foreign aid to other countries if they do not stop what you have called the mother of all caravans?"

Mike Landfult, Washington Examiner

Mr. President,

In recent years, the number of these migrant caravans has increased. So has their size. What measures are you willing to go to, should these caravans grow larger and come more frequently?

20 hours ago, Huffines said:

Noah O'Brien, Huffington Post

"Mr. President, will you be looking at potentially suspending foreign aid to other countries if they do not stop what you have called the mother of all caravans?"

I don't know yet what I'm going to do. We're looking into doing all sorts of things. 

20 hours ago, Rusty Russ said:

Mike Landfult, Washington Examiner

Mr. President,

In recent years, the number of these migrant caravans has increased. So has their size. What measures are you willing to go to, should these caravans grow larger and come more frequently?

I'm willing to do whatever it takes to stop them from entering our country the wrong way. Like I said, I'm looking into a lot of different things we can do in response. Shutting down the border could be just the beginning. I don't want it to get to that point, but I'm not sure we have much of a choice anymore. 

Could you possibly elaborate on all that? For instance, you stated in October of last year that you would deploy the military to stop the crossing, which you then followed up by deploying 14,000 troops to our Southern Border. Given that this caravan has swelled to an estimated 20,000 individuals, would you be willing to do the same again? And what sort of leeway would you give them to execute their mission?

Cindy Branson of the Miami Herald, 

What is the White House official response to the pair of immigration bills recently offered to the Senate Hopper being the Families Belong Together Act and the Treating Immigrants With Respect Act?

On 4/3/2019 at 8:30 PM, Rusty Russ said:

Could you possibly elaborate on all that? For instance, you stated in October of last year that you would deploy the military to stop the crossing, which you then followed up by deploying 14,000 troops to our Southern Border. Given that this caravan has swelled to an estimated 20,000 individuals, would you be willing to do the same again? And what sort of leeway would you give them to execute their mission?

I can't say what I'm willing or not willing to do. You know, I think we have to be unpredictable in these kind of situations. But believe me, we are considering so many different options for how to handle this. 

11 hours ago, Bluto said:

Cindy Branson of the Miami Herald, 

What is the White House official response to the pair of immigration bills recently offered to the Senate Hopper being the Families Belong Together Act and the Treating Immigrants With Respect Act?

I already signed an executive order to stop the separation of families that happened during the Obama Administration, and we're already treating immigrants with respect. My official response is that Randy Rivera should focus on the lawsuit that is probably coming his way after stealing that trademark. 

33 minutes ago, Marmot_Of_The_Marsh said:

Ron Swanson, New York Post

Mr. President,

Would you consider a limit on work visas to prevent illegal immigration?

I'm considering a lot of different things.