Sign in to follow this  
Perez

Convention City Choices Debate

I will open the floor now for discussion on the four potential sites for the RNC Convention. There will be 24 hours for discussion. The choices are:

Des Moines, Iowa

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Miami, Florida

Denver, Colorado

Pluses and minuses for each:

Philadelphia, PA: Easily could make a compelling argument that it reaches voters in the northeast, not far from NYC or Trenton for that matter. Plus you can highlight the founding of the nation with many of the events taking place in Philly in the early years of the nations history.

Des Moines, IA: It's the state everyone competes for in the beginning major inroads with the agricultural voters, etc; could be a good location to showcase a more community small town america approach in our convention.

Miami, FL: Home to one of the largest (if not the largest) concentrations of hispanic voters, could be an easy reach for the Latino vote but moreover would highlight the diversity of the Republican message and its appeal to all Americans minorities included

Denver, CO: I picked Denver because of its centrality and its proximity to western states, we could engender a lot of movement among independents and boost our numbers out west as well if we angle it that way.

Minuses:

Philadelphia: Could be seen as cliche and trying too hard to connect with northeastern voters and it is close enough to NYC that it could be a reach

Des Moines: Too small meaning its infrastructure may not handle the influx of so many delegates + national media. Narrative could turn into the convention becoming a burden on local authorities.

Miami: Can't think of any real negatives, it would work out pretty well. But it could be seen I suppose as blatant pandering to minorities/hispanics

Denver: I'm biased on this one but it could potentially run the same problem as Des Moines but on a smaller scale. People might wonder why Denver. So it would be up to us to market it well and ensure that our messaging is solid on it.

24 Hours to Vote on Convention City.

The choices are:  Philadelphia, PA; Denver, CO; Des Moines, IA; and Miami, FL.

You have one vote. Voting ends tomorrow at 7:00 PM EST.

Philadelphia will be the site of the Convention. Please do not make an announcement until the RNC Press Statement on it is released!