Sign in to follow this  
MrAnderson

Press Office of Michael J. Anderson (R-MS)

Image result for gen wesley clark podium

Anderson Announces Candidacy for US Senate 

"These last six years serving Mississippi have been some of the best of my life, as your Agricultural Commissioner. But in the coming years, I hope your grant me a chance to take on a bigger role in fighting for you. Today, I announce my candidacy for United State Senator. To fight for our values as Mississippians. To push back against Washington's overreach. To fight for President Reagan's legacy of economic growth. To give better opportunities to the next generation. I hope in this campaign to be able to show to each of you how I can serve you in Washington." 

Platform: Anderson for Mississippi 

1. A Balanced Budget - We must push for a balanced budget to ensure that Americans are not stuck holding the bill for wasteful spending. This is not simply about the principle, but it is about our kids being allowed to succeed in the future. We must remove un-American tax cuts like those for outsourcing. If a family has to learn to keep a budget, so should Washington politicians. 

2. Protect Our Values - As Senator, I will advocate for a pro-life agenda and refuse to support radical activist left wing judges. I will stand behind the right to bear arms, and the importance of English as our national language. I will never support the homosexual agenda or flag burning. I support keeping our promises to seniors for Social Security and Medicare. I will work to get our Veterans better treatment through state grants for medical care. I share the values of the people of Mississippi. 

3. Job Growth - We need a trade policy that protects manufacturing, grows the agriculture industry, and creates jobs for all Mississippians. This starts with continuing the Reagan legacy of making America business friendly, through lower taxes and less overbearing government regulation. With this, Mississippi can continue to achieve economic success and growing job opportunities. 

4. Lower Taxes and Better Wages - I will be a constant vote for lower taxes for the working class, who already pay their fair share. And I will always support legislation that creates job growth and continues the eight years of wage growth under Reagan. We need smart economic policy, not reactionary and punishing bills being offered by Democrats designed to put small businesses under. A better economy starts with you. 

5. Protecting States Rights - We must stand up to the federal overreach that continues to place strain on Mississippians. We have had our homes, our businesses, and our schools forced to act in ways opposed to our values. We are all for equal opportunity, we are all for freedom and prosperity for all. But the people of Mississippi shouldn't have their culture replaced by northeastern values. 

6. Crime - Punishing law abiding Americans who use their guns for self-defense and hunting is not a solution to crime. I will be a leading voice in the Senate for empowering our law enforcement, paying for new training, funding new gang and drug task forces, and increasing penalties for law breakers. I will support mandatory minimums, to keep our streets, communities, and schools safe. 

7. Education - Mississippi is held back by laws limiting access for homeschooling and Christian schools to state resources. I will defend the rights of parents to have their tax dollars follow their child. I will fight to improve the trades in high schools, leading to more apprenticeships and more opportunity besides overpriced colleges. Further, we need to remove the unfunded mandate culture in Washington that keeps our schools underfunded and over-regulated. 

Guest Storm

@MrAnderson Please put all of your campaign material in the appropriate place. If I have to go looking for it again, i'll have to penalize you.

Sign in to follow this