Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ollie

Administrative Announcements

Guest Ollie

After a lot of discussion, votes, and everyone getting their two cents in it is clear the most desired solution is to rework this round to be successful. So that's what we're going to do. This means several things. Number one, Quarter 4 of 1987 is being extended by twelve days to end on November 17th. This will allow the Administrative Board to easily catchup on any ongoing storylines, rework the Presidential election to make it more engaging and more open to players, and getting the fundamentals of the game back on track. Number two, players will be allowed to switch characters without penalty. This means a character switch in the next twelve days will not count toward your total allowed for the round. The Democrats are really in need of some new blood due to the fact that much of its membership have now come to the AB or have decided to switch parties. And finally, we are taking requests. Anything that has not been addressed this round that you think needs immediate attention, please bring it to us. We will work to make sure it's addressed as soon as possible. 

With that said, thank you to everyone who provided their input and thank you to everyone who has applied for the AB so far. We are still looking for applicants so please feel free to message Storm or I about joining the AB. Thank you. 

Guest Ollie
On 11/9/2018 at 11:23 AM, Ollie said:

Approval ratings are coming. Be prepared as the next week is really going to be heavily weighted in terms of what is considered for grading purposes. 

To expound on this and answer some questions I've been getting, approval ratings are going to be released Friday, November 16th. The cutoff for any material to be considered for these approval ratings is Thursday, November 15th at 11:59PM EST. The approval ratings will largely be based on press office activity, local press media quotes, any activity/interviews/features in player media, and any activity associated with the Presidential/House election. I hope this clears some things up.

Guest Ollie

A new House IVS has been posted and can be found here. If there are any issues, please contact an Administrator promptly. A new game calendar has also been updated and posted here. 

Guest Storm

To ensure transparency and providing the most help that I can, I will be leaving comments on the fundraisers regarding what was done well and what can be improved. For the ones I graded before, you may message me privately for insight. 

Guest Ollie

There has been an apparent need for clarification on Press Offices. Without interfering too much in specifics of current events, there are two things worth noting. There are no specific game rules requiring separate Press Offices for campaigns, it is just helpful to the administrator trying to follow Elections. There is also no specific game rules saying Press Offices posted are treated explicitly as 'Congressional Press Offices' by the Administrative Board.

Guest Ollie

Hey everyone. It's been a hectic week with the Presidential race going into full swing and various deadlines falling in the past week. But I wanted to take a moment and say I hope everyone who lives in the U.S. enjoys their Thanksgiving tomorrow with friends and family. I'm thankful for everyone who is playing VGS and who stuck around even after a major lull in activity and also for those we haven't seen in a while who have came back to VGS. 

Cheers.

Guest Ollie

LOA through tomorrow. Expect early primary results, Super Tuesday polls, and early Senate election previews to be posted sometime tonight. It might come late tonight, especially for those in the East, and I apologize for that. Storm will answer any questions tomorrow. 

Guest Storm

Starting today fundraisers will be given a 48-hour period to be graded. Once it's submitted give us 48 hours to get them graded. No need to PM us about it anymore.

Guest Storm

After numerous requests we will allow players to transfer funds to each other. The conversion rate be as follows. You are also expected to record your transactions in your records.

Player to player=78% penalty

Player to party= No Penalty

Party to player= No penalty

Player to another player running in a race = 90% penalty

Guest Ollie

We are actively seeking to add a fourth Administrator to the team to help with scenario development, covering/simulating the Senate, and assisting as needed in other areas. If this interests you at all, please message myself or another member of the AB letting them know. 

Guest Ollie

The account 'PapaSmurph' has been permanently banned, as the account belongs to former member 'Shiggy' who was permanently banned from VGS for Terms of Service violations.

Guest Storm

For the last primary round, any and all questions regarding the primaries and conventions should be directed to me. I will get back to you all in a timely manner. Thank you.

Guest Storm

I’ll be grading Fundraisers till 11pm tonight. If no fundraisers are submitted by then, they won’t be graded.

Guest Ollie

Avner will be rejoining the AB to assist with media, scenario development, among other areas. Please welcome him back.

Guest Ollie

With the sign out of the Dem VP nominee, White will be permitted to find a replacement on the ticket which will require confirmation from the DNC. 

Moving forward, to make things interesting, congressman and women can now send letters lobbying a particular senate bloc to either pass or fail senate bills. In general I'd rather not make it confusing for all, so you can send a letter addressing a particular senator who's serving currently, or a group you think are most likely to flip or try to flip in voting for bills.

• Like 2

Guest Storm

It was an honor to serve you all. It has truly be an experience. I shall be resigning now.

The behaviour of some people have been disgusting and shameful, I am no saint but the level of attacks, degradation and outright hostility towards Ollie and Storm have left a bad taste in my mouth. I have never been popular within this community but I sincerely doubt if a white AB member would get the level of insults and attacks based on intelligence Storm has had to face. This job is not paid, it is volunteered, I have avoid doing anything at all due to this disgusting behaviour by certain players. However I will not continue to be dead weight on the ab and shall be resigning.

Guest Ollie

I would like to say that both Storm and Avner will be missed. But Storm will be especially missed as his contributions during the elections were invaluable. I truly could not have done the elections without him. I wish him the best in his new job. 

But, the cog keeps turning. So please welcome Reed to the Administrative Board. He will be taking over the role of Storm as Deputy Chief Administrator, doing fundraising, House and Senate elections, as well as taking over Approval Ratings. 

Thank you all.

I look forward to serving the Administrative Board. Some quick notes. I'll be looking to do approval ratings every 2 weeks. I will also be revamping fundraising rules. I don't think emails were a thing in 1988, lol. 

Also, if you have things to ask, or whatever, I'm going to prefer private messaging to Telegram for a couple of reasons. One, I don't want to wade into the ethical minefield of possibly telling someone x but a legitimate y party x. Two, it's easier for me to keep track of things. Three, it's just cleaner. You can Telegram me if you need something urgently handled and I'm at work (I usually can do some stuff, I'm on my phone there a lot, as you all know :P). If you have concerns, complaints, unless they are of an emergency nature, please PM me them. It's just a lot of drama to deal with things in Telegram.

To address a few elephants in the room - I will be canning my political commentary in Telegram because I don't want any side to feel that I have a bias or set of opinions while Administrating. I will also be avoiding all chats related to the game that isn't the Administrative Board Chat or the Main Chat.

Thanks to Ollie for bringing me aboard and thanks to Storm and Avner for their service.

Guest Ollie

The next few days do not require any activity but things are still flowing normally (Christmas actually aligns well in-game, so consider it Christmas time before the inauguration at this point.) Please have a good Christmas, spend time with your families, and we’ll pick back up here in a few days full-swing.

So, the Administration will be required to submit a budget and a budget will need to be ratified. The Administrative Board has decided each Presidential Administration will submit and ratify a budget - we're still debating the final deadline but we will give you enough time. We will publish final deadlines shortly on all this but I will probably look at Reagan era FY 1989 mandatory spending, toss in whatever spending President Reagan signed into law in game, and then Anderson can do his gig from there. Not sure on FY 1989 revenues yet but we will work it out.

Guest Ollie

The 101st Congress convenes today. Over the course of today, the 100th Congress will be archived, the IVS will be updated with new leadership and purged of the old, and people will be able to begin submitting legislation for the 101st Congress sometime this evening. 

If you're up for an approval rating, I need to know if you're alive, dead, or in between. Create an emoji response to this post to let me know you're alive. And please update your voting record, link it to your last voting record, and to make sure it includes everything including bills sponsored, bills cosponsored, things you've voted on, and your press office.

Sign in to follow this