Sign in to follow this  
MrAnderson

Press Office of Rev. Anderson Kaine (R-IL) 

Press Office of Reverend Anderson Kaine (R-IL) 

Serving Illinois' 20th Congressional District 

Edited by MrAnderson

Kaine Declines Request to Serve As GOP Chair 

Kaine Is Called to Serve Elsewhere 

Reverend Anderson Kaine (R-IL-20) has declined both private and public requests to serve as the chairman of the Republican National Committee from multiple Republican House members. The Reverend, just elected to his second term to Congress, has been a leader among Evangelicals since his election, and is seen as a rising star of the Republican Party. He released a statement explaining his decision. 

"I chose to decline the nominations from my House colleagues to serve as chairman of the Republican Party, because that job does not help me serve the people of Illinois nor the American People. I was not called to serve in Congress simply to find new ways to divide the American People for electoral gain. My primary goal is not to serve as a Republican, but as an American. And we Americans are a united people," Kaine said in a statement. "I will continue to work to serve as best as I can to help revive the moral authority of this great country, as God has called me to do much more. And I trust my Republican colleagues have select a strong chairman for the party." 

Kaine Calls for Select Ethics Committee To Oversee King Corruption Concerns

HML King Should Not Choose Democratic Members

Reverend Anderson Kaine (R-IL-20) has called for the creation of a House Select Committee on Ethics to handle the concerns that the King family has broken the law in appointing family to leadership posts within the Democratic Caucus. The current House committee with jurisdiction is the ASJAF Committee, which is chaired by none other than Reggie King (D-CA), the person whose appointment is what is under investigation. Despite Chairman King's correct choice to step aside for the hearing, the committee is still flooded by several conflicts of interest, says the Reverend. 

"The Democrats on that committee are hand-selected by the Democratic Leader being investigated. Even Republicans on the committee will need to cozy up to Chairman King if they want their legislation considered. Neither party is free from conflicts of interest, and we can't have an impartial ethics investigation while the people conducting the investigation are beholden to the people they are investigating," Reverend Kaine said. "We need a Select Committee on Ethics to investigate this, and other corruption charges. And so long as this issue is before the committee, the House Majority Leader should have another Democrat in leadership choose their party's members on such a committee." 

Reverend Kaine has campaigned extensively on eliminating corruption in Washington from both sides of the aisle, and is considered a leader on good government within the Republican Caucus. In prior press events, he has called for greater House oversight into the Iran-Contra Affair that broke last November on the eve of the election, believing that fully investigating the White House and Defense apparatus is necessary. 

Edited by MrAnderson
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Kaine Concerned with Tower Commission Report 

Repeats His Call for the Select Ethics Committee to Hold Investigation

Reverend Anderson Kaine (IL-20) has expressed deep concern with the Reagan Administrations failings in the Iran-Contra Affair, in which the White House is rumored to be involved with illegal sale of firearms to Iran during their war with Iraq. The Iranian regime had previously taken fifty-two Americans hostage and had tortured them during a 444 day crisis. 

"The Tower Commission Report has shown that a systemic failure of foreign policy elites within the Reagan Administration has led to a scandal of illegal sales to terrorists in blatant disregard for US Law. The terrorist regime in Iran has already named America as its enemies, and arming them is an appalling attempt by some factions within the Reagan White House to mislead the President for the sake of stirring unrest and being anti-life for the sake of power," Rev. Kaine said. "Allowing the enemies of America to wield our nation's power against us is a mistake that we must work to stop and reverse." 

"When I called for an ethics committee, I cited this concern as a possible issue. I have not wavered on this issue. We need a House investigation and the Select Committee is exactly who should do so." 

Reverend Kaine has been a consistent voice for moral leadership in Washington since his election to the House two years ago. 

Rev. Kaine Speaks Against AIDS Slush Fund

Defends Christian Values in HELP Committee 

Reverend Anderson Kaine (IL-20) spoke vehemently against the AIDS Prevention and Information Act of 1987. The bill would provide nearly $1.4 Billion annually to HHS to teach children about sex and use tax dollars to test addicts and homosexuals for AIDS.  

"This law would be a fundamental violation of the US principles of rule of law, of Christian values, and of the inherent rights of parents to teach their children. Creating a billion dollar slush fund to override parental rights to teach, to take money away from hardworking Americans to test people for a disease we know how to prevent, is an appalling misuse of government funds. It's simple. Don't do anything your grandma wouldn't do, and that includes promiscuity and illegal drugs," Reverend Anderson said to the media in Washington. "This is not a matter of opinion, it is a matter of faith. And millions of American Christians agree." 

Reverend Anderson has served as a leader and pastor within his church since he was 23 years old, and is known as one of the foremost religious leaders in Washington. 

• Like 2

Rev. Kaine and Rep. Seymour Make AIDS Compromise

Protects American Values While Addressing the Crisis 

In a stroke of bipartisanship, Reverend Anderson Kaine (R-IL) and Rep. Douglas Seymour (D-SC) have met and come to an agreement to correct the misguided and faulty AIDS Prevention and Information Act of 1987. The compromise drops spending on the proposal by over 90%, and eliminates components of sex education and testing procedures that were out of place with American values. 

"I am glad to see cooler, more moderate heads prevail in this debate. Researchers are on the verge of the first anti-retrovirals to help combat AIDS, and a medical breakthrough may be around the corner to put to bed this concern. We can solve our problems and retain our moral foundations, without promoting immoral lifestyle choices that lead to these diseases, and that starts with teaching our children a lifestyle that keeps them clear of AIDS. I thank Representative Seymour for his strength and courage, and I am happy to stand by our work today," Reverend Kaine said.  

The two Representatives spoke privately about the possibility of a compromise shortly after Reverend Kaine's impassioned defense of American values. Kaine credits Rep. Seymour with the strong values needed to step across the aisle and correct the legislation. 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this