DMH

Gordon Pierce Campaign Thread (R-FL)

Activity Points (8/19-8/26): 24

-8 Stump Speech

-1 Talking Points

Remaining Activity Points: 15

Stump Speech

Locations: Pensacola | Jacksonville | Orlando | Tampa

Good afternoon [Insert City]! It's great to be out here with you all!

I am honored to be running to be your next U.S. Senator this upcoming November! I believe Florida can lead the way for change in our country and I want to be the one leading the charge for that change in Washington. My time in the Marine Corps and in the House of Representatives has taught me the value of public service and a duty to defend the principles this nation was founded upon. We have a solemn duty to make this country a better one for future generations which means the buck must stop with us!

Our economy is in desperate need of relief and growth. Regressive pro-tax policies promoted by the federal government have only suppressed the capabilities of our national economy to compete in the global market. These failed policies have equally harmed Floridians and Americans everywhere who want to put more money in their pocket and have proper financial stability. That is why I am the candidate in this race who will actively seek comprehensive tax reform that will provide tax cuts for Americans at all levels of income. We are going to cut the corporate income tax rate from 35% to 25%, allowing our companies to compete on a global level more efficiently, thus creating more economic opportunity for Americans. We must insure that our communities have the financial relief they need which is why I want to expand the earned income tax credit and the child and dependent care tax credit. We will unleash the potential of the American economy!

Florida's most pressing issue is our recovery efforts from Hurricane Muriel. We have all witnessed the destruction that storm has inflicted on our state but despite that, we saw Floridians come together and help one another. I believe that compassion and humanity will always persevere in the face of great tribulation. I have proposed a list of policies that are directly geared towards maintaining our recovery efforts and preventing future destruction. I will maintain federal relief funds coming into Florida while placing those funds with congressional and state accountability to make sure those resources are being used as efficiently as possible. I will work with FPL to determine how we can strengthen our electrical and utility infrastructure and seek federal funding to make such development possible. We have a significant need to take hold of these recovery efforts and I am ready to fight for Florida's priorities in Washington!

I am ready to be a champion for Floridians across our state. If we can come together as one state in the face of such a daunting threats and overcome that challenge, there is nothing we can't achieve. I want to help bring change to Washington because I genuinely believe Florida can be at the forefront of the effort to restore confidence in our government and make this country better than ever before!

Thank you all and God bless!

Talking Points

1. Gordon Pierce is the only candidate in this race who opposes efforts to normalize relations with the Castro Regime and will oppose efforts to end the Cuban Embargo.

2. Gordon Pierce will oppose any dialogue with the Castro Regime until Cuba releases political prisoners, returns convicted criminals they are harboring like Assata Shakur. restore press freedom, and provides human rights to the Cuban People.

3. Gordon Pierce is the only candidate to acknowledge the pressing nature of Hurricane Muriel and the only candidate with a plan for recovery efforts that include ensuring that federal funds continue to flow into Florida and the provision of federal funds to strengthen Florida's utility and electrical infrastructure to prevent a future breakdown in our electrical grid.

Campaign Infrastructure

Campaign Offices: Miami | Orlando | Jacksonville | Tampa | Pensacola | Gainesville | Port St. Lucie | Clearwater

Target Outreach: Cuban American Voters | Puerto Rican Voters

Campaign Expenses

Campaign Offices - $800,000

Target Outreach - $200,000

Activity Points (8/19-8/26): 15

-8 Stump Speech

-3 Talking Points

Remaining Activity Points: 4

Stump Speech

Locations: Naples | Homestead | Fort Lauderdale | Fort Myers

This upcoming election will be pivotal in steering the direction of our state and our nation for the future. There is a significant need for change in the culture of Washington and I believe Florida can lead the way in delivering that change. I am not your average Republican politician. I don't tow the party line when it conflicts fundamentally with the values I hold dear to my heart. Being in the Marine Corps taught me many valuable lessons but the most important lesson I could have ever learned was the need to stand up for what I think is right.

Many of you may not know that I am a Naples native so growing up here in South Florida gave me a unique perspective on the crucial issues we need to deal with. The most immediate concern facing South Florida is our recovery efforts from Hurricane Muriel. I am the only candidate who acknowledges the significant need for our next Senator to be dedicated towards maintaining federal funding towards our recovery efforts and maintaining necessary oversight to make sure those funds are being used efficiently. What we need to be doing is working with state companies like FPL to determine how we can strengthen our electricity and utility infrastructure to prevent future breakdowns in our electrical grid. We need to work with non-profits throughout the country to coordinate the national relief effort and make sure that our emergency shelters are adequately maintained to help displaced Floridians. We need a Senator who is ready to work to help Florida through this crisis and I am ready to serve!

One of South Florida's greatest treasurers is our environment and I want to preserve it for generations to come. I differ from my peers when I say that as your Senator, I will oppose efforts to expand fracking operations into the Everglades and commercial drilling in our national parks. Rather than drill the Everglades to the brink, we should be making our Everglades more vibrant than ever before. We need a candidate who is ready to stand up to US Sugar and their efforts to block the expansion of the Lake Okeechobee reservoir and I am ready to take on the challenge. We also need to get federal investment into combating dangerous algae booms like red tide from further harming our shores. I believe in fighting for our environment and and making sure that my children and one day their children's children can experience the beauty and vibrancy Florida's environment can offer.

We need someone in Washington with a conscious of their own. Florida needs someone who will fight for the issues Floridians cares about and not simply tow the line of the national party. I want to be an independent voice in the Senate who will stand up for what I believe in. I am ready to fight for you and I hope for your support this November!

Talking Points

Florida's 1st Congressional District

1. Gordon Pierce is dedicated to defending the right to life for unborn children. He will fight to defund abortion-providing organizations like Planned Parenthood, just like Florida has, and put those funds into FQHCs. 

2. Gordon Pierce is the only candidate in this race who will defend the right to keep and bear arms and will oppose efforts to renew the Assault Weapons Ban. Congressman Pierce will fight for the creation of a national concealed carry law and will oppose efforts to ban high-capacity magazines.

3. Gordon Pierce is a fierce advocate for veterans, being a veteran himself, and is ready to fight for federal reform to the VA Department that would restore accountability and transparency to the vital department. Congressman Pierce will also increase investment to to the development of rural hospitals and oppose efforts to cut the VA budget.

Florida's 2nd Congressional District

1. Gordon Pierce is dedicated to defending the right to life for unborn children. He will fight to defund abortion-providing organizations like Planned Parenthood, just like Florida has, and put those funds into FQHCs. 

2. Gordon Pierce is the only candidate in this race who will defend the right to keep and bear arms and will oppose efforts to renew the Assault Weapons Ban. Congressman Pierce will fight for the creation of a national concealed carry law and will oppose efforts to ban high-capacity magazines.

3. Gordon Pierce is a fierce advocate for veterans, being a veteran himself, and is ready to fight for federal reform to the VA Department that would restore accountability and transparency to the vital department. Congressman Pierce will also increase investment to to the development of rural hospitals and oppose efforts to cut the VA budget.

Florida's 17th Congressional District

1. Gordon Pierce is a fierce advocate for opposing efforts to open national parks and the Everglades to commercial drilling and fracking. We need to protect our environmental treasures from exploitation and Gordon Pierce will stand at the forefront of that.

2. Gordon Pierce believes that US Sugar holds too much power over Florida politics and the need is significant to stand up to their influence. Their efforts to oppose expanding the Lake Okeechobee reservoir places Floridians at risk. Gordon Pierce will stand up to US Sugar and make sure the Lake Okeechobee reservoir is expanded as it should be.

3. Gordon Pierce is a fierce advocate for veterans, being a veteran himself, and is ready to fight for federal reform to the VA Department that would restore accountability and transparency to the vital department. Congressman Pierce will also increase investment to to the development of rural hospitals and oppose efforts to cut the VA budget.

Activity Points (8/26-9/02😞 30

-22 Stump Speech

- 8 Talking Points

Remaining Activity Points: 0

Stump Speech

Locations: Pensacola | Jacksonville | Ocala | The Villages | Miami | Orlando | Fort Myers | Pompano Beach | Naples | Cape Coral | Melbourne

I am honored to be running to be your next U.S. Senator this upcoming November! I believe Florida can lead the way for change in our country and I want to be the one leading the charge for that change in Washington. My time in the Marine Corps and in the House of Representatives has taught me the value of public service and a duty to defend the principles this nation was founded upon. We have a solemn duty to make this country a better one for future generations which means the buck must stop with us!

Our economy is in desperate need of relief and growth. The Tax Cuts Act of 2017 was just rejected by the U.S. Senate in a sad display of partisan grandstanding. That bill would have provided significant relief for the American People and our businesses. Florida deserves a candidate who will fight for comprehensive tax reform that will provide tax cuts for Americans at all levels of income. We need to cut the corporate income tax rate from 35% to 25%, allowing our companies to compete on a global level more efficiently, thus creating more economic opportunity for Americans. We must insure that our communities have the financial relief they need which is why I want to expand the earned income tax credit and the child and dependent care tax credit. We will unleash the potential of the American economy!

Florida seniors need a Senator they can depend on to fight for their interests in Washington. I will oppose any efforts by either party to cut Social Security benefits for those who have given into the system and will fight against efforts to raise the retirement age because that is merely a foolish attempt to show Americans "progress" when we are doing nothing to make Social Security solvent. As your Senator, I will work to pass common-sense reform that restores Social Security's solvency while also protecting our seniors. What we need to be doing is diversifying the Social Security trust fund by allowing for investment into the stock market. Our seniors deserve a Senator the can trust and I am confident that I am ready to take on the challenge come this November to be a leader in Washington for our senior citizens.

Florida deserves a public servant ready to fight for the issues that matter for us. I am committed to doing my part to make Florida a leader in the Senate in bringing positive change to Washington and restoring the fundamental truth that the voters come before the party and special interests. I am ready to bring a renewed vigor to Washington that will put Florida at the forefront of the future. Let's make America the shining city on a hill we all know it can be!

Thank you all and God bless!

Talking Points

Florida's 4th Congressional District

Florida's 6th Congressional District

Florida's 8th Congressional District

Florida's 11th Congressional District

Florida's 12th Congressional District

Florida's 15th Congressional District

Florida's 16th Congressional District

Florida's 18th Congressional District

Campaign Infrastructure

Campaign Offices: Miami | Orlando | Jacksonville | Tampa | Pensacola | Gainesville | Port St. Lucie | Clearwater

Target Outreach: Retired Voters | Puerto Rican Voters

Radio Advertisement

Statewide / Morning Drivetime

[Optimistic music plays throughout]

Narrator: Florida needs a Senator committed to fighting for our seniors and Gordon Pierce has the best plan to do just that. Pierce will oppose efforts to cut Social Security benefits and efforts to raise the retirement age. Pierce is dedicated to working towards common-sense reform to fix our Social Security system and that starts by allowing diversification of the Social Security trust fund by investing in the stock market. We need someone who will stand with seniors while also working to make Social Security solvent for generations to come. Gordon Pierce is in the best position to fight for Florida seniors and seniors across the country. Vote Pierce this November.

Campaign Expenses

Campaign Offices - $800,000

Target Outreach - $200,000

Radio Advertisement - $1,800,000

Sign in to follow this