Sign in to follow this  
DMH

Patricia Royce Campaign Thread (R-IN)

Activity Points (8/19-8/26): 22

-6 Stump Speech

Remaining Activity Points: 16

Stump Speech

Good evening [Insert City]! It's a pleasure to be with you all out here. It is an honor and a privilege to be running to represent my fellow Hoosiers in the United States Senate! Indiana deserves a leader who will fight for the issues that matter to them and won't put their own personal ambition before the needs of Hoosiers We all know Jackson Clay has his eye on 2020 and everything he has done thus far has simply been to pad his own resume. Senator Clay will say or do anything to get what he wants, even if that means compromising the few genuine beliefs he may actually have. Senator Clay's blatantly obvious attempts to falsify his record on the 2nd Amendment. Our Senator has been exposed as a liar with his adamant claim that he has consistently opposed renewing the Assault Weapons Ban despite supporting such a measure in 2016! We don't need a flip-flopping bleeding-heart liberal in disguise who only represents his party interests instead of Indiana in Washington!

I am running to represent my fellow Hoosiers because I believe they deserve someone who is honest about where they stand on the issues and is dedicated to serving them. I, unlike Jackson Clay, have been consistent in my opposition to renewing the Assault Weapons Ban and am a proud supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights! I will not bend to the radicals in Congress who want to take away our right to bear arms and will fight to expand that right by passing a national concealed carry law! Defending the 2nd Amendment is a priority of mine and a priority Hoosiers expect their Senator to fight for in Washington.

Hoosiers deserve a Senator who actually stands up for what they believe in. Jackson Clay is the Majority Leader of the United States Senate and he has done nothing on virtually every issue he claims is extremely important to him or has failed completely. How does he justify letting his own party kill his signature education bills in committee, the STUDENT and TEACHER Acts, while still actively campaigning on how great they are? How does he justify supporting cap-and-trade policies that only further cripple Indiana's coal industry and prolong the War on Coal that he has done absolutely nothing to stop? The simple truth is that he can't.

We need someone in Washington that is beholden to the people of Indiana and I am the only candidate in this race willing to stand up for Hoosiers across this state. I say how I feel and tell it like it is because the people of Indiana deserve an honest and transparent representative in the U.S. Senate. Jackson Clay has failed to deliver on that and has actively lied about where he stands on the issues that matter. I want to fight for you in Washington and with your support this November, you'll have a Senator you can trust! 

Thank you all and God bless!

Television Advertisement

Full State / Primetime

[Scene opens with a black-and-white clip of Jackson Clay. Ominous music throughout]

Narrator: Jackson Clay says he's consistently opposed renewing the Assault Weapons Ban. 

[Clip from a Jackson Clay rally in 2016 is shown]

Jackson Clay: We need to renew the Assault Weapons Ban.

[Clip reverts back to the black-and-white clip of Jackson Clay with a red "LIAR" stamp across the screen]

Narrator: Why would Jackson Clay lie about his 2nd Amendment record? Because he's just another bleeding-heart liberal.

[Clip shifts to a banner saying "REJECT CLAY THIS NOVEMBER]

Narrator: We don't need to reelect a proven liar. Reject Clay this November.

Voice of Patricia Royce: I'm Patricia Royce and I approve this message.

Campaign Infrastructure

Campaign Offices: South Bend, Evansville, Fort Wayne, Indianapolis, Bloomington

Targeted Outreach: Pro-2nd Amendment Voters

Campaign Expenditure

Television Advertisement - $4,000,000

Campaign Infrastructure - $600,000

Activity Points (8/19-8/26): 14

- 4 Stump Speech

- 2 Surrogate Speech

- 4 Talking Points

Remaining Activity Points: 4

Stump Speech

Good morning [Insert City]! It's great to be out here with you all!

You've no doubt seen Jackson Clay go on the offensive over my position on free trade and like everything else he says, he's lying through his teeth. Senator Clay wants to paint free trade as an evil economic practice that has only brought doom and ruin to Indiana but he couldn't be further from the truth!

Indiana exports brought in a record $16 billion into our state in 2016 and 47% of that total came directly from our NAFTA free trade agreement. Since the implementation of NAFTA in 1993, Indiana has created a net of over 870,000 jobs. $37 billion in wages for Hoosiers are currently directly supplied by free trade deals like NAFTA.  To blame trade deals like NAFTA for the problems Senator Clay uses as his justification for being a champion of the anti-trade lobby would be disingenuous and downright foolish. He's simply being the political opportunist he always is and joining forces with anti-trade populists!

Free trade has specifically benefited Indiana agriculture in ways that have seen significant growth and opportunity for our farmers. Indiana has a vibrant corn industry and Canada was the largest importer of ethanol, which is why I have supported increasing the ethanol tax credit. More than half of our soybean production was exported last year and Mexico was our top importer in that market. Our beef industry warns us that with over 10% of Indiana beef exported, pulling out of NAFTA would mean that every Hoosier would have to eat an extra 40 pounds of protein per year to make up for the losses of revenue streams. Purdue University even reports that beef producers would face a 20% tariff from Mexico and that the price of a bushel of corn could drop by 50 cents every year!

What Jackson Clay doesn't want to tell Hoosiers is the fact that his dangerous rhetoric and potential policy proposals on the issue would directly place 253,000 jobs at risk. While Jackson Clay laments about the dangers of free trade without telling us what he'll do about it, I actually have a plan to make sure we continue to take advantage of the gains free trade has brought while also making sure that the communities negatively impacted get the help they need! I actually have a plan for manufacturing revival, unlike Jackson Clay, that begins by expanding opportunities for manufacturing companies to acquire capital. We ought to be expanding the Manufacturing Extension Program to help small business manufacturers. All we've heard from Jackson Clay is how bad free trade is but his only proposal seems to be to get rid of them and watch as tariffs cripple our economic progress!

Indiana needs a Senator who will strengthen our economy and actually has a plan to alleviate our hardest hit communities. If you want empty promises and no action, reelect Jackson Clay. If you want a problem-solver who is ready to fight for Hoosiers everywhere, vote for Patricia Royce! 

Stump Speech - Senate Minority Leader John Saunders (R-TX)

Good evening [city]!

It is so nice to be out here tonight with you all to talk about an important choice that will befall Hoosiers come November. A choice between Patricia Royce and Jackson Clay. If you want honesty then vote for Patricia, if you want corrupt opportunism then vote Jackson. It is as simple as that.

I look to Patricia and I see someone who is ready to lead, bring dignity and experience to the United States Senate for and on behalf of the great state of Indiana. She can do this on many issues which many people across the state hold close to their hearts and have lived by for all of their lives. The second amendment, tax reform and protecting the right to life are just some of the many positions which Patricia holds that connect with the people of Indiana. She wants to expand the right to bear arms across our great country and opposes the Assault Weapons Ban Act. She wants to cut taxes significantly for every single person in this crowd and Indiana as a whole. She wants to protect precious life here in Indiana and across the United States. Ask yourself, are these your values?

Jackson Clay has betrayed the ethos and character of the state he represents time and time again. As a member of the Democratic elite as Senate Majority Leader, he has allowed the interests of normal everyday Indianans like you fall by the wayside. Your role as voters is to hold those in elected office to account and by God does Senator Clay need to be held to account. While Senator Clay is out there collecting money from Wall Street, Planned Parenthood and other Liberal groups, Patricia Royce is right here now to tell you that Indiana will not fall by the wayside and that Indiana will always remain important to her.

Patricia Royce represents one of clearest choices that the people of Indiana have ever been forced to make. We need to send the Democratic elite and Jackson Clay a message as there is a great choice to make in November. The voters of Indiana will not be forgotten as Jackson Clay furthers his own selfish agenda! God bless you and God bless the United States!"

Talking Points

Indiana's 3rd Congressional District

1. Jackson Clay is putting 253,000 jobs at risk for Hoosiers across the state by allying himself with anti-trade forces in Washington who advocate for the end of our free trade agreements. Patricia Royce is dedicated to fighting for our free trade agreements.

2. Patricia Royce is the only candidate with an actual plan for how to restore our manufacturing industry and empower our free trade agreements. Mrs. Royce wants to expand manufacturing opportunities for Indiana companies by increasing their ability to acquire capital and by investing additionally into our Manufacturing Extension Program to help assist small manufacturing companies. Jackson Clay has no plan to help our manufacturing industry.

3. Patricia Royce wants to invest in modernizing Indiana infrastructure to better facilitate commerce across the state and create scholarships for students in vocational and trade education entering the manufacturing industry to encourage involvement. Jackson Clay has no plan at all and his empty rhetoric puts Hoosiers at risk.

Indiana's 4th Congressional District

1. Jackson Clay is putting 253,000 jobs at risk for Hoosiers across the state by allying himself with anti-trade forces in Washington who advocate for the end of our free trade agreements. Patricia Royce is dedicated to fighting for our free trade agreements.

2. We run the risk of getting a 20% tariff placed on our beef industry and the price of a bushel of corn declining by 50 cents per year if we pull out of NAFTA according to Purdue. Patricia Royce is the only candidate dedicated to protecting our ranchers and farmers from the carnage Jackson Clay would unleash on Indiana.

3. Patricia Royce is the only candidate with an actual plan for how to restore our manufacturing industry and empower our free trade agreements. Mrs. Royce wants to expand manufacturing opportunities for Indiana companies by increasing their ability to acquire capital and by investing additionally into our Manufacturing Extension Program to help assist small manufacturing companies. Jackson Clay has no plan to help our manufacturing industry.

Indiana's 6th Congressional District

2. We run the risk of getting a 20% tariff placed on our beef industry and the price of a bushel of corn declining by 50 cents per year if we pull out of NAFTA according to Purdue. Patricia Royce is the only candidate dedicated to protecting our ranchers and farmers from the carnage Jackson Clay would unleash on Indiana.

3. Patricia Royce is the only candidate with an actual plan for how to restore our manufacturing industry and empower our free trade agreements. Mrs. Royce wants to expand manufacturing opportunities for Indiana companies by increasing their ability to acquire capital and by investing additionally into our Manufacturing Extension Program to help assist small manufacturing companies. Jackson Clay has no plan to help our manufacturing industry.

Indiana's 8th Congressional District

Radio Advertisement

Half-State / Drivetime

[Ominous music plays throughout as narrator speaks]

Narrator: Jackson Clay is lying to Hoosiers once again when he claims that NAFTA has lost Indiana a net of 60,000 jobs. The truth is that free trade deals like NAFTA have created a net of over 870,000 jobs in Indiana. Jackson Clay's vision for Indiana puts 253,000 jobs at risk and would cripple Indiana agriculture with bad policies like a 20% tariffs on our beef from Mexico and declining corn prices each year.

[Upbeat music begins to play]

Narrator: Patricia Royce's vision for Indiana secures 253,000 jobs that would be placed at risk by anti-trade advocates and further empowers our export-based state economy. Royce's vision actually includes ways we can revive Indiana manufacturing through policy like helping our companies acquire capital. Which vision of Indiana's future would you prefer?

Campaign Expenditure

- $900,000 - Radio Advertisement

Activity Points (8/26-9/02): 30

-4 Stump Speech

-1 Talking Points

Remaining Activity Points: 25

Stump Speech

Locations: Hammond | Gary

Good morning [Insert City]! It's great to be out here!

Northeast Indiana is the backbone of one of our state's most important industries. Our manufacturing industry has become a hot-button issue in this campaign and rightfully so. Indiana has the 6th largest manufacturing sector in the nation and over 500,000 Hoosiers depend on the industry for their income. Our next Senator needs to be ready to fight for the interests of our manufacturing sector in the U.S. Senate, but more importantly, they need to be ready to fight to empower and grow our manufacturing industry.

While my opponent in this race paints a gloom picture of Indiana's manufacturing industry and has embraced the thoughtless rhetoric of the anti-trade sycophants in Washington, he fails to look at the facts. Indiana has created a net 87,200 new jobs in manufacturing since the Great Recession and we reported an estimated output of $93 billion in 2014 and over $100 billion in 2015. Our state manufacturing association reports that the average factory worker in Indiana earns $72,000 a year, above the national average of $44,000. This trend is indicative of the strength and resilience of Indiana's manufacturing sector.

I don't deny the decline in overall employment in the manufacturing sector from 2000 but what is clear is that our manufacturing sector is on the rise and we need a Senator who will empower that rise. My opponent has no actual plan for how he will help grow our manufacturing industry except killing trade deals that would put 253,000 jobs at risk. I have outlined my plan for manufacturing revival that doesn't place jobs at risk and actually has the potential to create new job opportunities across the sector. What my plan calls for is removing regulation and opening opportunities for manufacturing-based companies to acquire capital more efficiently. We will invest into the federal Manufacturing Extension Program that helps small and medium-sized manufacturing companies develop and grow. What we also ought to be doing is thinking about the future of our industry which is why I want the federal government to work with vocational and trade schools to devise economic incentives to encourage students to enter the manufacturing industry.

We need a Senator with a vision for the future of our state. My opponent has attempted to demonize me as someone unsympathetic to the needs of Hoosiers yet I ask you all, what has my opponent done for the manufacturing industry? What effort has my opponent made, in his capacity as Senate Majority Leader, to actually help Indiana's manufacturing communities?

I am ready to build on our successes in the manufacturing sector and take our state economy to the next level. My vision for Indiana is one defined by a strong and empowered economy and a manufacturing revival is critical to our success. I am ready to fight for your interests in Washington and your support will help deliver the change this state needs to put ourselves on the track towards growth and opportunity.

Talking Points

Northeast Indiana

1. Jackson Clay has done nothing in Congress to help empower our manufacturing sector. His fear-mongering and demonization of Patricia Royce is a distraction from his abysmal record of actually helping our manufacturing communities.

2. Patricia Royce is ready to expand Indiana's manufacturing sector by increasing opportunities for Indiana manufacturing companies to acquire capital and by increasing investment into the Manufacturing Extension Program. Empowering manufacturing companies will encourage job growth and new opportunities for manufacturing workers.

3. Patricia Royce wants to secure the future of Indiana's manufacturing sector by investing into economic incentives and opportunities for vocational and trade schools to encourage youth involvement in the manufacturing sector. Expanding opportunity for youth to engage in manufacturing will help our state maintain a vibrant sector.

Activity Points (8/26-9/02): 25

-8 Stump Speech

-8 Talking Points

Remaining Activity Points: 9

Stump Speech

Locations: Fort Wayne | Evansville | South Bend | Bloomington

Good afternoon [Insert City]! It's great to be here!

Folks, I'm not gonna lie to you, this upcoming Senate race is one of the most important elections of our lifetime. Many politicians tend to throw that line out every election but the race here in Indiana is a choice between reelecting an exposed liar who is a wolf in sheep's clothing and someone who is genuinely ready to fight for Hoosier values in Washington. My opponent has become entrenched in the swamp that is Washington and had no intention of getting out any time soon. My opponent will say anything and do anything to deceive Hoosiers into voting for him! We've already seen him blatantly lie about his proven support for the Assault Weapons Ban, which he has yet to even respond to! Indiana cannot afford to send Jackson Clay back to Washington!

I, like many Hoosiers across this state, was shocked and dismayed to see Senator Clay vote against the Tax Cuts Act of 2017 which would have brought much-needed economic growth and opportunity. The legislation would have cut taxes across the board for all Americans while also doubling the child tax credit and cutting burdensome taxes on American businesses. Why would Senator Clay oppose providing economic relief for millions of Hoosiers and Americans across the country? It's what I've been saying since the start of this campaign that Jackson Clay is nothing more than a tax-and-spend liberal who will put the encroachment of big government over the interests of the American People every single time!

Don't believe me? Just look at the crowning achievement that he has campaigned extensively on. "MediChoice" is nothing more than a expansion of government involvement in our healthcare that makes Obamacare look like a moderate proposal! MediChoice an excuse to sweep the failures of Obamacare under the rug while simultaneously implementing socialized healthcare policy! The creation of a public option would be a disaster for Indiana and across the country! MediChoice will waste billions of taxpayer dollars on a program the will lead to never-ending waiting lines and queues for treatment that may never even come because doctors will not handle Medicaid payrolls! The public option would force private insurance companies out of existence while forcing millions of Americans to become dependent on yet another massive government program! 

Why would Jackson Clay, a self-described "moderate", support the single largest expansion of government bureaucracy we'll have seen since the Great Society? The simple but damning truth is that Jackson Clay is nothing more than a closeted ideological liberal elite who has disguised himself as a pragmatic leader! How many more lies does Jackson Clay have to tell before we see him for the typical politician he actually is? How many more issues does the man need to flip-flop on before we show him the door?

I am the candidate in this race who will fight to cut taxes for Americans everywhere and will oppose the disaster that would be MediChoice with every fiber of my being! Indiana deserves a Senator who will fight for the interests of our state and stand up to the elites in Washington. Jackson Clay is incapable of doing that because he is one of the elites himself! I am the candidate who will put Hooisers first!

Thank you all and God bless!

Talking Points

Indiana's 1st Congressional District

1. Jackson Clay, a tax-and-spend liberal, voted against the Tax Cuts Act of 2017 that would have cut income taxes for Americans across the board while also doubling the child tax credit and cutting business taxes. Patricia Royce is the only candidate in this race committed to cutting taxes for the American People and creating economic growth and opportunity.

2. MediChoice would be a disaster for Hoosiers and Americans everywhere by implementing socialized healthcare subsidized directly by the American taxpayer. The public option will lead to never-ending waiting lines and queues for treatment patients may never get because doctors will not handle Medicaid payrolls. The public option will force millions of Americans to become dependent on yet another government program that is guaranteed to be a bureaucratic nightmare.

3. Jackson Clay actively supports the single largest expansion of government bureaucracy since the Great Society with MediChoice. Patricia Royce is committed to the fighting the disaster that is MediChoice with every fiber of her being. Hoosiers cannot reelect a Senator who will perpetuate the goal of forcing socialized healthcare on the American People and that is exactly what we will get if we reelect Jackson Clay.

Indiana's 2nd Congressional District

1. Jackson Clay, a tax-and-spend liberal, voted against the Tax Cuts Act of 2017 that would have cut income taxes for Americans across the board while also doubling the child tax credit and cutting business taxes. Patricia Royce is the only candidate in this race committed to cutting taxes for the American People and creating economic growth and opportunity.

2. MediChoice would be a disaster for Hoosiers and Americans everywhere by implementing socialized healthcare subsidized directly by the American taxpayer. The public option will lead to never-ending waiting lines and queues for treatment patients may never get because doctors will not handle Medicaid payrolls. The public option will force millions of Americans to become dependent on yet another government program that is guaranteed to be a bureaucratic nightmare.

3. Jackson Clay actively supports the single largest expansion of government bureaucracy since the Great Society with MediChoice. Patricia Royce is committed to the fighting the disaster that is MediChoice with every fiber of her being. Hoosiers cannot reelect a Senator who will perpetuate the goal of forcing socialized healthcare on the American People and that is exactly what we will get if we reelect Jackson Clay.

Indiana's 3rd Congressional District

Indiana's 4th Congressional District

Indiana's 5th Congressional District

Indiana's 6th Congressional District

Indiana's 8th Congressional District

Indiana's 9th Congressional District

Campaign Infrastructure

Campaign Offices: South Bend | Evansville | Fort Wayne | Indianapolis | Bloomington

Radio Advertisement

Full-State / Morning Drivetime

[Ominous music plays throughout as narrator speaks]

Narrator: MediChoice will be a disaster for Hoosiers and Americans everywhere. The taxpayer-funded program will lead to massive waiting lines for patients who may never even get the care they need. The public option will decimate private insurance companies and force millions of Americans to become dependent on government-run healthcare. Why would a moderate like Jackson Clay support such a disasterous policy?

[Ominous music continues]

Narrator: Jackson Clay is nothing more than a closeted liberal elite. We cannot reelect a Senator who will oversee the largest expansion of government bureaucracy since the Great Society. Tell Jackson Clay this November that Hoosiers will never allow the federal government to force socialized healthcare on the American People.

Campaign Expenditure

Campaign Offices: $500,000

Radio Advertisement: $1,800,000

Sign in to follow this