APs (30)

-2 (Fundraiser)

= 28 remaining

Fundraiser (-2)

Format: E-mail

Target: Previous Small-Money Donors to Congressman Zwick

Topic: I'm In This For You!

Dear [insert first name],

2018 is an extremely important year for the future of North Dakota and the future of our great country. With an open U.S. Senate seat in play, it is vital that we as North Dakotans elect a sensible, commonsense conservative to fight on our behalf - not for the interests of coastal elites. Fortunately, I recently launched my 2018 Senate campaign with a speech in Bismarck. My promise to North Dakota: I'm in this for you!

Since then, I've continued touring this great state - up-and-down, east-to-west - just as I have for the years I have served you in Congress and at the state capital.  Already, I'm pleased to have the endorsements of Senate Majority Leader John Saunders (R-TX) and our very own Senator, George Maynard (R-ND).

I am passionate about your success and inspired by the dreams of everyday North Dakotans. As I travel across this state, I consistently hear about three major issues that I will address as your Senator:

1. Agriculture forms the traditional backbone of our state's economy. As a multi-generational family farmer, I will work tirelessly to open foreign markets for North Dakotans. I have experience doing this as your Lieutenant Governor and U.S. Congressman, and as Senator, I will have an even larger voice for our great state.
  2. Energy continues to stimulate our economic growth as a state, and North Dakota's playing a huge role on America's quest for energy independence. I support allowing crude oil to be sold overseas, meaning higher profits and take-home pay for North Dakota families.
  3. Taxes remain too high on everyday North Dakotans. While my opponent supports "compromising" on tax cuts, I believe that you all deserve to see more of your own money end up in your pockets. This commonsense commitment is central to my plans as your next Senator.

With the great importance of winning this election, I ask you for your support. Please, donate anywhere from $5 to $50 to help jumpstart our exciting campaign to win the open Senate seat. Please, consider signing up to volunteer on our campaign.

Click the link below to donate and/or sign-up:

CFC-donate-button-1.png?fit=1024,512

As always, I want to hear your ideas and suggestions and to earn your vote. Please don't hesitate to contact me or my office with any thoughts you may have.

Thank you for your support!

/s/

Luke Zwick

At-Large U.S. Congressman for North Dakota

Republican Candidate for North Dakota's Senate Seat

LukeZwick.com | @ZwickND

APs (28)

-2 (Fundraiser)

= 26 remaining

Fundraiser (-2)

Format: Gala

Target: Rich Conservative Donors

Topic: Platform Unveiling

governor-mark-dayton-of-minnesota-arrives-for-the-state-dinner-at-the-picture-id514707464?k=6&m=514707464&s=594x594&w=0&h=XMzrV0AgLnKzq0mLQ1glOnihqWsd1LGQK5vPZpm2z4E=

Congressman Luke Zwick hosts a gala with notable conservative donors from across North Dakota, the Midwest, and even some from elsewhere in the United States. The headlining event of the gala is Congressman Zwick unveiling his 2018 Senate platform. An cocktail bar is open while hors d'oeuvres are served, with Congressman Zwick traveling around the room, meeting guests and welcoming them. Soon thereafter, the guests enter the main gala room and are served dinner. Congressman Zwick takes to the podium, and addresses the audience after most have finished dining:

Good evening, and thank you all for being here. It is no understatement for me to say that, without your past support for conservative causes, I would not have the opportunity to stand before you here today as a candidate for the United States Senate!

You see, as a multi-generational family farmer, I understand the importance of business in America. I understand just how important it is to empower the American spirit and to pursue the American dream. As a young boy growing up in Lisbon, North Dakota, I never could have imagined the role I would have in fighting for our shared conservative values here in North Dakota, but also in Washington, DC.

For far too long, we've seen far-left politicians and elites try to dictate what's acceptable and what's not. Like all of you here, I believe these decisions should remain in the hands of everyday Americans, with support and guidance from our Divine Father. That is why I am running to represent each of you, and every North Dakotan, in the United States Senate.

As part of this election, I've put together a comprehensive platform, consisting of dozens of promises I intend to keep when I get to the U.S. Senate. You all are here today, I assume, because you support my record of conservative action and leadership for our state and country. But you're also here to get an exclusive sneak-peak at the unveiling of my 2018 platform. And for that, I humbly thank you!

My plan is centered around three core principles: First, "More Money in Your Pocket." I've made it abundantly clear that I support tax cuts for all North Dakotans, from the working class to the middle class, and yes, even the job creators at the very top. I want to scale back and prevent new regulations, especially on our key industries of agriculture and energy. This is a bold promise to each of you - but if you join me in helping take the Senate for conservative candidates, you can expect more of your money left in your pocket.

Next, I plan to secure "North Dakota Values." This means recognizing our nation's history, our Judeo-Christian morals, and the sanctity of life. You know I stand with gun-owners across this state, as a lifetime NRA member and an avid hunter. I also stand for securing our border and repealing the disastrous specter of Obamacare.

And finally, my 2018 platform is ultimately about "Protecting Our Country." As a combat Army veteran, I know that the Senate has a vital role in oversight of and advising the President's actions. From ensuring we continue to have the best military in the world to taking care of our veterans once they come home, I have the skills to deliver on a strong foreign policy that puts Americans first.

Friends and fellow patriots, I appreciate your being here today. Copies of my platform should be going around about now, and if you feel so moved, please consider contributing to this campaign. I know that many left-wingers are chomping at the bit to keep this seat in Democratic hands, and we can't let that happen. So, I'm asking you to support this campaign and the broader conservative movement by helping me rent office space, run TV and radio ads, and reach voters from each corner of our state.

Thank you, God bless you, and may God bless the United States of America!

During the end of his speech, copies of Congressman Zwick's 2018 platform were to be distributed to attendees. After his speech, Zwick posed for photos with leading donors near the podium, and then continued to travel around the room for about 30 minutes or until the crowd began departing.

APs (26)

-2 (Fundraiser)

= 24 remaining

Fundraiser (-2)

Target: Oil/Fracking/Coal/Non-renewable Energy

Topic: An Energy Policy for North Dakota

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT4aOL79P5QQ8cdAYxAomd

Congressman Luke Zwick hosts a dinner and event in Williston, North Dakota - the epicenter of the energy boom in the state - with business owners, suppliers, and other energy sector leaders. After a hearty dinner is served, with Congressman Zwick traveling the room during dinner to take photos and meet with guests. After the donors have finished eating, Zwick takes the microphone and delivers the following remarks:

Good evening, Williston! It's always great to be out here in this part of the state, listening to the great people out here - people like you - and getting to know the issues we face on a daily basis. Out here, in the heart of our state's energy boom, we face a unique set of challenges that by and large seem to originate with over-regulation in Washington, DC. I was proud to serve in the Executive Branch of North Dakota government during the latest period of great economic growth, driven by great gains and discoveries in the energy sector. But federal agencies, largely unaccountable to the people they are supposed to serve, are waging a War on Energy.

Look no further than President Stevenson's Executive Order #2, which unilaterally went around folks in Congress, to place onerous burdens on fracking. As you all know, hydraulic fracturing, coupled with horizontal drilling, reduces the land impact of oil drilling by about 90% - but so-called "environmentalists" don't care about the facts! They care about their coastal elite agenda, which involves controlling your businesses and reducing the potential for energy nationwide.

Friends, in this election North Dakota needs a voice for energy in the Senate. My opponent may look like a viable alternative, but we have to keep in mind who's going to be leading the Senate come 2019. Do we want Democrats like Osiris Storm and Kamaka Nikolao - people who've never set foot in the heartland - to tell us what to do? Or do you want a proven leader who puts North Dakota and our energy sector first?

As I travel this state, I hear from North Dakotans who support my three-pronged energy plan. First, we must recognize that local business and community leaders should make decisions that impact their businesses and communities. Second, we must empower Bismarck over Washington, DC. Finally, we need to give entrepreneurs and businessmen the opportunities and tools they need for success in the energy space.

If I have the privilege to serve as your next Senator, I will introduce legislation to repeal the anti-fracking Executive Order #2. I will champion efforts to allow the export of crude oil, benefiting our state and removing an outdated law that actually harms consumers at the pump. Unlike Vice President nominee Brink, I will strongly support expanding new extraction with tax incentives for exploration and development - part of my across the board tax cuts. We must authorize the Keystone XL pipeline to create jobs here in North Dakota and across the Midwest. We must eliminate administrative costs that steal royalties from North Dakotans and send them to bureaucrats at the Department of Energy and the EPA. And, finally, we need to transform the federal bureaucracy to supporting business - not regulating business.

From petroleum to natural gas to coal, North Dakota has been blessed with an abundance of natural resources. As a state, and as a nation, we cannot afford to ignore this blessing. I believe in the power of you and the power of individuals acting in their rational self-interest. That is how we advance as an industry, as a state, as a nation. Friends, this region has benefited our nation far more than its size would indicate. Now it's time to return the benefits to you, to your employees, to your communities.

That is why I am running to represent you in the U.S. Senate - a pro-energy voice from a pro-energy state in a pro-energy party. But I can't do this alone. I need your continued support to help reach voters up and down this state, east and west. With your backing, we can take this message to all North Dakotans. So, I thank you for being here tonight and your dedication to keeping the lights on across this great nation!

Good night, God bless you, and may God bless the United States of America!

After his speech, Congressman Zwick took photos with leading donors and spent approximately fifteen to twenty minutes around the front of the room, talking one-on-one and in small groups with the attendees.

Campaign Fundraiser #1: $1,300,000

Campaign Fundraiser #2: $1,250,000 

Campaign Fundraiser #3: $1,650,000 

APs (24)

-2 (Fundraiser)

= 22 remaining

Fundraiser (-2)

Format: Mailer

Target: Farmers/Agriculture Industry

Topic: Caring for Our Farmers

Mailer has letter on front side, pictures of Congressman Zwick at his farm on the reverse. Also included is an addressed return envelope.

Hi, I am Congressman Luke Zwick of North Dakota, and I'm running to represent you, our agriculture community, and our state as a whole, in the United States Senate. I am running in this race because I am passionate about what the future holds for our state - especially for the important agriculture industry. Like my father and my grandfather, I am a family-farmer. I grew up growing soybeans, and to this day the Zwick family farm in Lisbon, North Dakota still grows this important crop.

I grew up on the farm, and - after serving in the United States Army during the Vietnam War - I studied Agricultural Economics at NDSU. I worked briefly as a commodities analyst at the Chicago Mercantile Exchange before spending many years at the North Dakota Agricultural Association, the state's trade organization for farmers and ranchers. I later had the opportunity to be elected, on the same ballot as Ronald Reagan, to serve as Agriculture Commissioner of North Dakota for a term.

I've built a career learning how to farm, learning about how agriculture markets work, and other important preparations to represent North Dakota in the United States Senate. That is why, if you send me to the Senate, I will promise to:

• Eliminate the death tax that penalizes family farms and mourning families
  • Pass a comprehensive Farm Bill that looks after the needs of North Dakota farmers
  • Expand and extend crop insurance programs to counter drought and other risks faced in agriculture
  • Ensure USDA is working to benefit farmers and their families, not to write regulations
  • Increase pro-farmer staffing at the Farm Service Agency and throughout the USDA
  • Support enhanced healthcare and educational opportunities for agricultural communities

All of this is possible with an experienced leader who cares about North Dakota, who knows what it takes as a farmer, and who has the necessary policy experience to make a difference.

This election will be a difficult one, but it is a contest that we must win. That is why I need your support. Each dollar you contribute will help us reach more North Dakotans with our pro-agriculture message.

Thank you very much for your support in this vital race!

/s/

Luke Zwick

Candidate, U.S. Senate

APs (30)

-2 (Fundraiser)

= 28 remaining

Fundraiser (-2)

Target: Foreign Policy Hawks/Veterans/Defense Contractors

Topic: Keeping America Safe

mark-dayton-discusses-race-relations-in-st-cloud-1230x688.jpg

Congressman Luke Zwick hosts a gala in Minot, North Dakota, near the Minot Air Force Base, targeting veterans, defense contractors, and other foreign policy hawks. The event has been billed as "Keeping America Safe." A hearty dinner was served, with the Congressman milling around the tables, talking with guests about his experiences and plans. After dessert had been served, Luke Zwick took to the microphone to address the donors:

Well, thank you Minot! And thank you all for being here tonight. I am honored to be here with each of you - men and women who are warriors in keeping our nation safe and secure. With global challenges facing our nation on a regular basis, it is as important now as any time since the end of the Cold War that we invest to advance our nation's military capacities. That is a major reason why I'm running to represent you and our shared interests in the United States Senate.

You see, to me, national defense is personal. I'm the only veteran in this North Dakota Senate race, and I'm proud of my service in the United States Army during the Vietnam War. When thousands of young people were burning their draft cards and fleeing to Canada, I knew that my nation needed my service. That's why, right out of Lisbon High School, I enlisted to fight in the infantry in the jungles of Southeast Asia. Like many of you here today who've served in the military, I've seen firsthand how important it is for us to have the best armed forces in the world.

That is why, in my platform, I address national defense head-on. Again, I'm the only candidate running in this race to even mention national security in my platform, and I think that should tell you something. But more important that its intentional inclusion is what I actually have to say about the issue. First and foremost we need to show our support for servicemembers by providing them with a much-needed pay raise. I will also lead the charge to expand our military alliances around the globe, ensuring our friends outnumber our adversaries. This also means strengthening relationships with current allies, including NATO and the State of Israel.

But we cannot forget that fact that North Dakota is directly impacted by military decisions made in our nation's capital and at the Pentagon. From 2000 to 2010, Minot Air Force Base, not far from where we are eating tonight, has lost military personnel. While our state's economy is dynamic and growing, I will be a loud and leading voice for our two military installations - at Grand Forks and Minot - because their service strengthens North Dakota.

On the research and development side of things, I believe we must invest in anti-terrorism knowledge and technologies to prevent attacks at home and dangers faced by our servicemembers abroad. Terrorism is the new global battlefield, and America must be ready, willing, and able to take on this challenge just as we stared down Nazi Germany in World War II or Soviet Russia during the Cold War. Because when we give our soldiers, sailors, airmen, and marines the best training and equipment possible, they absolutely have what it takes to secure their objectives.

I also believe that, in a state like North Dakota, with about 50,000 military veterans, it is extremely important that we honor their service by maintaining our commitment to them. To me, honoring our veterans means ensuring they have the best possible care at the VA or at private hospitals, it means integrating veterans back into the workplace with their unique skills and leadership abilities, and it means incentives for employers to hire veterans.

Friends, today's geopolitical struggles need addressed. Just as President Theodore Roosevelt was fond of saying, we must speak softly but carry a big stick. As President Ronald Reagan was fond of saying, we need peace through strength. Our military is our "big stick," it is our strength abroad. I pray that we never have to declare war and put our men and women in harm's way, but if the need arises, we must be prepared. And that is what keeping America secure is all about.

Thank you for your continued support, God bless you, and may God bless these United States of America!

Luke Zwick then took photos with guest of honor and special donors. He spent about twenty to thirty minutes at the front of the room, telling stories, listening to constituents and donors, and taking more pictures. He then departed for the night.

APs (28)

-2 (Fundraiser)

= 26 remaining

Fundraiser (-2)

Format: Mailer

Target: Health insurance industry/Doctors/Conservative groups

Topic: MediChoice is the Wrong Choice

Mailer has letter on front side, pictures of Congressman Zwick meeting with doctors and other medical professionals. Also included is an addressed return envelope.

If you thought Obamacare was bad... just wait for the "medicine" Senate Democrats have in store for you!

Hello, I'm Congressman Luke Zwick of North Dakota. I am also the Republican candidate running to represent real, pro-patient healthcare reform in the United States Senate. In this election, Senate Democrats are embracing socialized medicine left and right. The sneaky name they've given their proposal (which would put hundreds of millions more Americans on government-provided healthcare): MediChoice.

Today, I'm writing you to give you a real type of a choice. You can choose to send out-of-touch State Senator Mark Rounds to Washington, DC, on his socialized medicine platform, or you can back me, Congressman Luke Zwick - a proven conservative leader who wants to take the government out of the business of micromanaging healthcare.

There is no denying the fact that MediChoice is the wrong choice for the people of North Dakota, and for people across the United States. If you analyze the policy, you can easily see who loses out: it's not only the patients, but also doctors and insurers. Why would Democrats be supporting such a bad policy - who does it benefit then? Big government which would gain monopolistic status in the healthcare industry.

While socialized medicine, and government-determined treatment options should scare you, I'm not running to stop MediChoice (although, if elected, I will be fighting in that capacity). I am running to fix healthcare for all Americans, after the Democratic-controlled Congress shoved Obamacare down the throats of the American people.

So, how do I foresee us fixing the healthcare problem in America?

• Repeal Obamacare once and for all and replace it with a workable alternative that actually lowers costs;
  • Remove all additional taxes levied and mandates imposed by Obamacare to keep the cost of healthcare down;
  • Allow insurers to sell policies across state lines, promoting competition and ensuring every American has access to care;
  • Champion tort reform so doctors and insurers can provide a high-quality service without fear of costly retaliation;
  • Promote a proven solution - health savings accounts - that are tax-preferred funds patients can use for costs; and 
  • Support telehealth initiatives for our rural communities across North Dakota and the United States.

This may seem like wishful thinking, but I am a proven legislator who has a record of working to support beneficial legislation. At this time, we not only need the right plan for healthcare but also a leader who can deliver for our state and our nation. Thousands of North Dakotans agree that I am the leader our state needs in the Senate.

I know that Democratic special interests will be pouring millions of dollars into North Dakota in 2018's Senate election. They have one goal in mind: Big government taking over healthcare. That is why every dollar you contribute to help us fight off socialized medicine hiding under the banner of MediChoice is a dollar well-spent for our future.

Thank you very much for your support in this vital race!

/s/ 

Luke Zwick

Candidate, U.S. Senate 

Campaign Fundraiser #5: $1,200,000 

Campaign Fundraiser #6: $1,450,000 

APs (26)

-2 (Fundraiser)

= 24 remaining

Fundraiser (-2)

Target: Americans for Tax Reform/Fiscal conservatives/Businessowners

Topic: Tax Cuts for All

PNE3k18-asset-mezzanine-16x9-vEUwobg.jpg

Congressman Luke Zwick arrives at the Alerus Center, Grand Forks's convention center, and greets guests (including out-of-state donors) as they enter the ballroom. As dinner is served, Zwick travels around the room getting to know his contributors and donors. After dinner is finished being served, and desserts are halfway through, Congressman Zwick takes to the front of the room and delivers the following remarks:

Welcome to Grand Forks, North Dakota! It's great to be up here with each of you, and it's terrific to be talking to you about an issue near and dear to my heart: tax cuts for every American.

As many of you may know, I owned and operated my family farm for over two decades before passing it along to my son, Justin, in 2011. In this time, I experienced the burden of high taxes and saw firsthand how detrimental government taxation is to small business job creation. The fact of the matter is, when I went to Washington, DC as your elected U.S. Representative, I saw just how much contempt some legislators - and the vast majority of bureaucrats - have for taxpaying American businesses.

It makes me think of one of my favorite quotes by one of the greatest President's in American history, and one of the great tax cutters in global history, Ronald Reagan. Reagan once said, "Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it." If it moves, tax it. Is that what we want from our next United States Senator?

I already know your answer, and it's a big fat "no!" That is why this election is so important. I'm the only candidate in this race who has promised to promote tax cuts for all Americans, for each North Dakotan. Take a look at some of the statements made by my opponent. He's called for compromise on tax cuts, he's stated he "will not support a proposal that is one-sided." Well, let me tell you something: I will never compromise on letting you keep your hard-earned dollars, and I will support any proposal that cuts your taxes regardless of the political ramifications.

Because, to me, that's what taxes are: your money. So, what exactly would my ideal tax plan look like? I would consolidate our current seven bracket tax code down to three or four rates, with every taxpayer receiving a marginal tax cut. I would work to streamline the Internal Revenue Code, something so long that even the best accountants and tax attorneys can't comprehend it all. I will lead the charge for automated filing of taxes so you don't get penalized for not understanding the code and so you don't have to spend thousands of dollars on compliance. And I be the single loudest voice when it comes to eliminating the death tax once and for all!

Of course, when we cut taxes we need to practice fiscal restraint in the short-term as revenues decline. I'm proud to have been in Congress to vote for balanced budgets, and I am excited to bring that energy to the United States Senate. We need to consolidate wasteful and duplicative spending of your tax dollars, prevent new regulations, and ensure that government is working for you, not against you. But let me tell you all a little secret courtesy of Art Laffer: if we cut taxes, we will bring jobs back to America, we will increase wages, and we will see a long-run increase in government revenues.

Friends, I wish we lived in a day and age when tax cuts for everyone were universally popular. But as we just saw in the US Senate, the Democratic majority overwhelmingly voted against tax cuts for you and me. We literally cannot afford to send another tax-and-spend Democrat to the US Senate. That is why your support, your contributions, are so important here today. Now, let's get out there in November and elect a Senator who will deliver on tax cuts!

Good night! Thank you, God bless you, and may God bless the United States of America!

Congressman Zwick then took photos with donors and spoke with guests. After about twenty-five minutes, the Congressman began to leave the Alerus Center's convention hall.

Sign in to follow this