Sign in to follow this  
Storm

Budget Proposal FY2018/2019

Mr.President,

I rescind my motion, I instead make the motion to end cloture after the passage or rejection of standing amendments to the legislation

I Yield 

While refusing to yield the floor I humbly request a parliamentary inquiry from my interpretation a motion for cloture supersedes all other amendments to said bill even if recognized first they would be placed on the bnotckburner and only pass provided cloture failed and I gave up the floor which I am unwilling to do.

Mr. President,

Is your current plan to simply ignore my parliamentary inquiry?

I still hold the floor and refuse to yield.

• Haha 2

We await the Parliamentarian, until then my interpretation of the motion shall continue

11 hours ago, Bluto said:

While refusing to yield the floor I humbly request a parliamentary inquiry from my interpretation a motion for cloture supersedes all other amendments to said bill even if recognized first they would be placed on the bnotckburner and only pass provided cloture failed and I gave up the floor which I am unwilling to do.

The Parliamentarian: The Senator is correct that the motion for cloture supersedes all other motions. During a filibuster, all other motions, debate, and votes on the Senate Floor are halted for its duration. However, a cloture motion and vote may continue over a filibuster. If cloture is reached, debate is ended (as is the filibuster), and all incomplete motions that were halted as a response to the filibuster are left incomplete and all undecided amendments are left out of the final bill that is placed to a vote. 

The only other actions members may take during a filibuster, besides making and seconding a motion for cloture and voting on it, are to rise to a Point of Order or a Point of Inquiry. In both of these cases, the presiding officer may address the Point in question but the person conducting the filibuster is not forced to yield the floor. 

Thank you Mr.Parliamentarian. All votes are coming to a halt. 

As this budget has been removed from the floor, I will request that the Gentlemen sits down