Sign in to follow this  
Bolster

@KamNikolao

ill66t3.png Kamaka Nikolao - @KamNikolao mbJ9mqj.png 

Proud to have introduced legislation with Sens. Gonzalez, Storm and Salazar to abolish the federal death penalty mandates.

The United States apologized to the Native Hawai'ians for the overthrow of the Kingdom of Hawai'i in 1993. However, has failed the many natives who live in the state. We must provide services to them and the most vulnerable in Hawai'i.

Reaching out to the GOP to expand the Hawai'i Homeownership legislation. While I am not pleased by the backlash from the Senate GOP the voices of the naive of the islands will not be silenced and will be heard through the halls of Congress. 

Thank you to the State GOP and many other Native's Rights action groups for standing with me and pushing for the rights of Natives across this land.

Kamaka Nikolao - @KamNikolao 

Honored to have been appointed chairman of the Senate HELP Committee. Let's get to work!

I am very proud of some of the achievements within the budget. Protecting women, HBCUs, and many other programs is important and I applaud this Congress for passing these policies in our budget.

Just introduced legislation to help improve our minority serving institutions across the United States. We must preserve these institutions and  help advance their impact in our country.

RT @NINC: Hawaii Legislature considering min wage increase due to lack of action in Washington. More on Washington View.

I am keeping the people who have and will be affected by Hurricane Muriel and Storm Elizabeth in my prayers and will be working closely with elected officials to provide any services in the aftermath. 

#ICYMI: Senator Diego Zamora (R-NM) objected to advancing the Raise the Wage Act. We must fight to raise the minimum wage for all Americans!

Mr. Minority Leader are we going to get any active Republicans in the Committee yet? I love my caucus but it gets a bit redundant when there isn't debate. (1/2)

Plus how can we be bipartisan when your caucus doesn't show up? (2/2)

• Like 1

Oh, Minority Leader, When the GOP briefly assumed the gavel you all tried to restrict a woman's right to choose. You failed! (1/3)

Guest what? As chairman, we have passed legislation to expand internet to Rural Communities, Crop Insurance Expansion, Veteran Compensation, Hurricane Forecasting Improvement. (2/3)

Look at what Democrats have done. We got results in committee that range from a diversity of topics that expand help for Americans instead of hurt them. (3/3) 

Edited by Bolster

Keeping the People of FL in my prayers as Muriel ravages through the southern part of the state.

RT@JClay: My Prayers go out to the Jamaicans being hit by the hurricanes! Hope everyone in Florida is able to make it to safety, and I promise the federal government will be there to help!

RT @HillaryEdwards: Proud of the leadership of @KamNikolao on the HELP committee. Passed a bill to get help for kids being exposed to lead. #ProtectTheChildren

• Like 1

QUOTE: @JohnSaunders: The President elected to sign the fruit and vegetables act after he won the race. Now we see why.

Again, Mr. Minority Leader, your caucus proposed an amendment to add an amendment that would include frozen fruits and veggies.

Proud to Co-sponsor Senator Thomas' legislation to help improve FEMA. We must act quickly and provide aide to those in need. Especially those affected my Muriel and soon Elizabeth.

Before we consider any nominees placed in the Senate Hopper we should first get aid to those in the Southern Region of the United States to make sure we can provide adequate service to the relief efforts.

Honored to have been elected as the Democratic Whip of the United States Senate.

The Released Emails for the BOP is appalling and disturbing. We must take strong actions to condemn the words and actions by these officials involved. (1/2)

I applaud the ASFAJ Committee for standing strong on this investigation and voting to hold these two men accountable for their actions. (2/2)

Concerned by the remarks from the Senator from NC. We should not allow influences from interest groups affect decisions by the FEC. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this