Sign in to follow this  
Storm

Press office of Senator Osiris Storm

Image result for michael b jordan speech

New York City, New York-  In relative surprise today former Chief of Staff Osiris Storm, became the newest Senator of New York. Senator Storm becomes the Senator in the midst of an ongoing Presidential election and national controversy of racism which sprouted from the recent incidents in New Mexico. 

Senator Storm stated, " I am proud to be home and to be able to represent the great Empire State. There is truly no place like home. I intend on getting to work quickly for the people of New York and doing my best work possible. Yesterday, our nation fell victim to the senseless and unpatriotic acts of domestic terrorism. I express my deep condolences to the state of the New Mexico, and those unfortunate Americans and families who have directly affected by these heinous acts. New York is a state like no other. We are both the capital and the melting pot of the world. We embrace, love and embellish the different type of American and non-American who call our state home. As Senator, I will make it loud and clear, that I will reject any instances of the Send them Back movement. This movement is not only racist and dwells deep inside in the horrors of xenophobia but it doesn't represent the ideals of our American society.

As Senator, my agenda will be simple, education for all, jobs for all and opportunities for all. We will do everything that we can eradicate poverty, increase our college graduation rates, empower our economy and set the example across the world as to how a nation of truth, justice, and democratic views operate".

As Senator Storm has set his agenda for his term, New York actively awaits his next move...

Washington, DC- In under 24 hours of Senator Osiris Storm becoming the new Senator of New York, he has introduced his first bill into the Senate. Senator Storm's new bill the "No Money Bail Act of 2016"   amends the Omnibus Crime Control and Safe Streets Act of 1968 to make ineligible for funding under the Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grant (JAG) program a state with a bail system that uses payment of money as a condition of pretrial release in criminal cases. This bill if passed through Congress will be a history as it will be the first of many prison system reforms that have been advocated for by the growing Black Lives Matter Movement. 

Senator Storm issued this statement "The No Money Bail Act" will be the first of many bills that I seek to introduce to help reform our justice system. For too long have our inner city, communities of color and impoverished communities have been unfairly affected by the justice system because of their economic class and inability to pay for their freedom. I do not believe in a pay to be free justice system and our constitution does not either.  Through my reign as Senator, I will fight long and hard to correct the inequities which exist within our Justice system".

Within  24 hours of Senator Storm's term as Senator, he has reaffirmed his intention of fighting for continued civil rights and ensuring a system that works for all and not just the elite.

Image result for michael b jordan speeches

Washington,DC- In under 24 hours Senator Osiris Storm introduces his second legislation into the Senate. Since Senator Storm has joined the Democratic Senate Caucus, he has been an outspoke voice on the current immigration conversation consuming the nation.  The Senator's second bill is called the " Child Citizen Protection Act" This act   amends the Immigration and Nationality Act, in the case of an alien subject to removal, deportation, or exclusion and who is the parent of a U.S. citizen child, to authorize an immigration judge to decline to order such removal if the judge determines that action to be against the child's best interests.

Senator Storm issued this statement " I am proud to introduce the "Child Citizen Protection Act". As members of the Congress advocates being tough on crime and enforcing the law, especially immigration law, it is important to understand the consequences of our actions. While being tough on immigration law may call upon deporting more people, there is a high chance that in deporting more people, we are also deporting mothers and fathers to children who are legal citizens to our nation. The law of our lands was created to protect Americans and families, but when we use the law to break up families and cast American children into a spiral of despair, are we really doing the right thing?. 

This Bill will give the courts the power to overrule any decision to deport an immediate family member such as a mother or father, in the case that the deportation will severely harm the development and well-being of the child. As this bill does not go as far as I would like it to go, it is a patch in our immigration system and a reasonable compromise for both parties to consider".

Image result for drug reform race

(The Image is included in the PR)

Immediate Release

Washington, DC-  United States Senator Osiris Storm has revealed today another bill in his attempt to enacting criminal justice reform. The newest addition to the "No Bail money Act", is now the "Mandatory Minimum Reform Act of 2016". This bill as it is written amends the Controlled Substances Act and the Controlled Substances Import and Export Act to eliminate most drug offense mandatory minimum prison terms imposed on a defendant who imports, exports, manufactures, distributes, or possesses with intent to distribute a controlled substance, while also making it impossible to institute a mandatory minimum on an individual below the age of 21.

Senator Storm issued this state "Since it's inception in the 70's, the war on drugs has been a massive failure. It has not only failed to curb drug use and drug trafficking, but it has also exacerbated racial inequality and tensions within our nations.  Current within our Prison system African-American and Hispanic Americans ware disproportionality placed into prisons because of the current drug laws and mandatory minimums. Many of the Americans imprisoned in this system, were first-time offenders, caught into the unjust sentencing of cocaine and crack or were born into a situation where opportunities were bleak. It is time that we re-vamped how we tackle the drug epidemic within relied more on rehabilitation and prevention rather than more prison cells.

The Mandatory Reform Act will reform most drug offense mandatory minimums such as first-time offenders and make it impossible to place a mandatory minimum on a person below the age of 21. We do not allow our children below the age of 21 to drink because of its ability to impair their development and because of their inability to fully understand their choices, why would we try a child not at the age of 21 because they made a mistake? this bill will  be the first step of many to ensure that not only will we have a comprehensive criminal justice system but also in correcting the many wrongs that have been dealt to people in urban and rural communities

We Are Our Brothers/Sisters Keeper 

Washington,DC- "My fellow friends, I come to you today not as Senator Storm, but as Osiris Storm. Within the past month, our nation has met many tribulations. As we near the 50th anniversary of the Civil Rights Act, it  is important that as  a nation we reflect on the horrors of the past and valiantly applaud the progress and the milestones that we have achieved, but unfortunately some in our post-civil rights era do not believe in total emancipation, freedom, and liberty of all people. We live in an era where most people such as Senator Christopher Williams will vocally call for white supremacist ideals and other like Senator John Moreno and the leaders of the Republican party will stay silent and openly accept people like Christopher Williams within their ranks. 

The Democratic party, the majority of Americans and I reject the rhetoric that was used in New Mexico to lash out frustrations and anger towards innocent migrants and Americans. As leaders of this great nation, we must be mindful towards the messages that we send and language that we use, as our influence can drive people to do harmful and dangerous things to innocent American people, as we have experienced just recently.

We must hold people like Senator Christopher Williams accountable and call for his resignation for his inability to not only stay true to the values of our nation but for actively neglecting the millions of marginalized he represents, and we most hold Senator John Moreno and the  Republican party accountable for not ousting Senator Williams and for welcoming Senator back into the party with open arms.  Our nation needs leaders who will actively right against discrimination and uphold the virtue that the American is global and not something limited to just a select few.

If you work hard and follow the ideals of our constitution, to me you are an American, and one deserving of my respect and trust.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Education is a Right not a Privilege

Release immediately          

Washington,DC- Today New York Senator Osiris Storm released another bill under his string of initiatives to end the war of drugs and achieve criminal justice reform. Storm's newest bill the "Education is a Right not a Privilege" bill will repeal the devastating Souder amendment within the Higher Education Act of , that restricts federal financial aid to be given to Americans who were convicted of drug-related crimes. Senator Storm's bill also goes one step further as to re-instate eligibility to all Americans who convicted of drug-related crimes before the bills initial passing. Senator Storm provided this statement

"Since the passing of Souder amendment in the reauthorization of the Higher Education Act in 1998, over a million Americans has lost the fundamental right to continue their education because they were convicted of drug crimes. This bill condemned Americans to a life in poverty, recidivism, unemployment and low paying jobs because of their inability to make a better life for themselves. I am proud to introduce the "Education is a Right not Privilege" act, because no one's ability to achieve an education should ever be taken a way from them. This bill will not only repeal the offending amendment but it will also reinstate eligibility to the millions of Americans who lost their eligibility due to a failed war on drugs. The war on drugs cannot be won with over policing, and life limiting policies. We must institute comprehensive drug reform that focuses on working with our continental  and international allies to secure our borders and prevent the advancement of drug cartels,  rehabilitation drug  centers, increased investment in community policing that works with local officials, and education initiatives to continue to educate  the youth of he dangers of drug use and abuse".

• Like 1

Image result for michael b jordan and clinton

Senator Storm Endorses Presidential Candidate Jackson Clay 

NYC,New York- Today I happily and proudly announce my endorsement of Senator Jackson Clay. During my time in the white house as Chief of Staff, Clay has been both one of my closest friends and allies.As Chief of Staff I witnessed first hand what it takes to be President. The grit,the grime, the patience and strength to run the  most powerful country known to man is not easy. It is not a position that you can cower away from, it is a position that requires you  to be active and ready to respond 24/7. Clay's record as Senator of Indiana, has shown that not only is he  committed to work tirelessly for the people of Indiana but for America as a whole. His Revitalize Rural America act has shown that not only can be bring answers back to the problems that affect his state but his capability of bring both Republicans and Democrats together to provide solutions that helps all Americans.

Now certainly I do believe that President LeCleavers is and will be a better President that Senator Moreno can wish to be, but we must let our records speak.LeCleavers is also a friend of mine and I take honor in being able to serve with him, but I am a New Yorker, and we all know that in this state and in other states like us in the East, you have to be willing and ready to trade punches to get what you want, and unfortunately President LeCleavers has not done that. Recently he has been doing some great things with his executive orders, but executive orders at this time, during the midst of a close primary is not what we need. if President LeCleavers wanted to raise the minimum wage for Federal Workers he should of done that when he first took office, if he wanted to take a proactive role on immigration, he should of done that months ago. Senator Clay however, has shown countlessly what his views are, and what he wants to do. There are somethings we both may not agree on such as the minimum wage, but he has shown that he is willing to compromise and create a plan that benefits everyone.

We must hold President LeCleavers to the same scrutiny as we hold everyone else to and ask the questions such as why now?, why not months ago?, what is your plan? and why haven't you been actively pursuing it?, we cannot allow the President LeCleavers to pull a houdini in our eyes and wrap himself in the cloaks of the executive office, and fool us with executive orders that can be repealed easily if Senator Moreno was to win office.

We need a fighter, someone who will move mountains, drag their knuckles through the mud and give us exactly what we are looking for,results. So today I officially endorse Senator Jackson Clay to be the next President of the United States. 

Posted (edited)

Image result for michael b jordan

Senator Storm stands firmly against Right-to-Work 

Washington,DC- As the Republican Senate Caucus rolls out their Right-to-Work legislation in the Senate, Senator Osiris Storm stood firm in his opposition against the bill. The Right-To-Work legislation is a known anti-Union bill, that is known to break up Unions and limit their abilities to operate. Democrats within congress have stood firmly opposed to the bill, with Senator Osiris Storm being a vocal leader against it. Senator Storm issued this statement:

"The Right-To-Work-Legislation is nothing but an attempt to sell out the American workforce to  Republicans crook donors. What this bill seeks to do is to create the condition similar to a chinese sweatshop, so that American workers can be taken advantage off and offered less benefits. On average Right-To-Work state families earn 3.2% less than families in pro-union states, are offered less benefits and have vrtually no employment safety. I will oppose this legislation every step of the way and even took the liberty to re-introduce the Employee-Free-Choice-Act originally proposed by Mr.Grayson in 2015, to ensure that employees are given more choices and protection in the workforce".

Edited by Storm

Right-Work Op-ed  by Senator Osiris Storm

Once again the Republican Party is opening it doors and making its rounds across the country for its annual circus show called Right-To-Work.

Republican heavy hitters gathered in Kentucky this past weekend to dispel the myths of Right-To-Work. They used the typical conservative jargon that say Right-To-Work empowers unions, increases wages and creates more jobs. These talking points, these lies couldn’t be further from the truth.

According to the Economic Policy Institute, a study ran just last year has revealed that states such Kentucky,Arizona,Texas and more have wage levels 3.2% lower than states without right to work, the study goes even further and proves that along with lower wage levels, workers in Right to Work States are less likely to have employer-sponsored health insurance and pension coverage.

Lowered wage levels and lack of employee benefits are the foundation of right to work states, is tied directly into the legislation’s ability to hamstring the operations of unions. One of the key talking points to discredit the role of unions is the common but completely false belief that joining a union will be another added expense to the paycheck of an employee.  This belief is not only fundamentally wrong but shows just how far the Republican party will go to deceive the American electorate.

Under federal laws such as Taft-Hartley Act of 1947  no one can be forced to join a union as a condition of employment, and the Supreme Court cases such as Harris v. Quinn and Knox v. SEIU has made it  clear that workers cannot be forced to pay dues used for political purposes. Such federal provisions ensures that joining a union is a choice that can only be made by the worker.

What many people do not know is that  the Republican party refuses to speak honestly  to their supporters, is that even if a worker is not apart of a union, the union is still obligated to help and support the worker as they would any union member. The members dues that are  paid to the union, are only paid to ensure that the union remains financially solvent and has the funds needed to sue the employer in case of any problems that may arise between the employee and the employer.

The popular  fast rising Right-To-Work movement became a staple to the Republican party, as it  is another one of their attempt to misinform the voter and mask the people who will really benefit from Right-To-Work, whom is already the elite businessmen and women who benefit from underpaying employees, cutting benefits such as healthcare and social security.

Right-To-Work does succeed at one thing, and that is silencing the voice of the worker, by making  employee organization career threatening. Common practices by employers used to silence unions or discourage them has been firing workers who have been suspected to support unions. These tactics not only scare workers but it limits their constitutional right to free speech.

Overall, the circus shows which we call Right-To-Work, has done economically to empower workers. Instead it has lowered wages,benefits, dismembered workers rights and gives all the power to the employer. If Right-To-Work was such a good idea in the first place, then we wouldn’t have moved to create unions during the industrial revolution do to the constant abuses dealt to workers by oligarch employers. Maybe the Republican party should really tell us all what Right-to-Work is really called, the Right-To-Work-For-Less

Senator Osiris Storm is Appointed as Vice Chair of the Democratic National Committee

New York City, New York- In a announcement made by Democratic National Committee and Pennsylvania Senator Rachel Andrews, New York Senator Osiris Storm was named as the Vice Chair of the Democratic National Committee.  Senator Storm provided this statement:

I am very ecstatic for being picked as the Vice Chair of the Democratic National Committee. I, thank Chair and Senator Rachel Andrews for the opportunity. As Vice Chair I will do everything within my power to uphold the ideals of the Democratic Party and work hard to ensure that the needs of our members are met.

Image result for ruth bader

IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Statement From Senator Osiris Storm

After hearing the news of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg passing, I was deeply saddened. Justice Ginsburg has been a role model, pioneer and a symbol for what it means to be an American. She was a giant with an even bigger heart. Her memory and legacy won't be on that will just be remembered but it will be something that we all must live and keep alive. As we continue our fight to ensuring that all Americans are granted the equality and opportunity that they deserve to achieve their full potential. The honorable Ginsburg once said 

"Fight for the things you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you"

Ginsburg was a champion of the everyday  American. 

Senator Storm defends Democratic Budget Proposal

-Immediate Release- 

The current budget proposal presented by the Democratic party, is a budget that I can wholeheartedly support. This is a family friendly budget which increases investments into education , expands the the Earned Income Tax Credit, and improving the Affordable Care Act by granting access to  premium tax credits on exchanges  if the cost of employer-provided family coverage is greater than 9.5% of household income, as opposed to the current measurement of employee-only coverage. 

Opposed to the 2014 budget, this budget also keeps in the mind millions or rural Americans who we negatively affected by infrastructure funding cuts and the elimination of duplicative programs.What was once a bleak and dim period for our rural communities, is now a ray of sunshine as we have reauthorized the small public water systems to help increase access to water and improve upon its infrastructure.

Any attempt to oppose this proposal from the Republican Party, is simply an attempt to reward their corporate donor and not put the needs of everyday Americans first. 

Posted (edited)

Digital Press Release

Locations: Youtube and Senate Website

IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Senator Osiris Storm Pledges to continue his opposition to Right to Work

We are a nation built on the virtues of free speech and the right to assemble. When you  look at the American Revolution, America was not just the first Democratic nation, we were the first Union. We fought against high taxes, we fought for higher wages and we fought to be able to determine the economic and social aspect of our lives. Which is why it dumbfounds me to see any opposition to uplifting and empowering our unions. 

The integrity of our Democracy can never be fully realized as long we seek to strip the voice of the American worker and prevent them from engaging in their right for the freedom of assembly.  Teddy Roosevelt during the Coal Strike of 1902 realized  the importance  of Unions through fact finding commission that revealed the coal owners were getting a higher price for coal and not supplementing the pay or working hours of their workers for the increase in business. In the end through President  Teddy Roosevelt's leadership and persistence the coal miners received a 10% pay increase and reduced working hours  from 10 hours to 9 hours.

Even Former President Ronald Reagan understand the power an the importance of unions against communist oppression during the cold war, President Reagan realized that where free unions and collective bargaining is forbidden freedom is lost. Back then President Reagan reminded us that freedom is never more than just a generation away from extinction.

What happened to the Republican party of Teddy Roosevelt and Ronald Reagan?, the Republican party has lost their way. Instead of speaking up and fighting for the rights of our workers they instead seek to implement their sweat shop policy and sell us out to big businesses. 

Just Like President's John F Kennedy, Teddy Roosevelt, Franklin Delano Roosevelt and Ronald Reagan, I will march in step for the  freedom of our workers and  their right unionize. I will oppose each and every attempt to pass the Right-To-Work legislation and i'll protect the sanctity and integrity of our democracy.

Edited by Storm

Posted (edited)

Image result for michael b jordan and tessa thompson

Senator Osiris Storm Deeply Concerned about the Increasing hyper-partisanship in the Senate

Washington,DC-  As the 115th session of congress has taken off, the Senate has been overrun by increasingly partisan language, and debates based on ideological and personal preference rather than policy. So far there has been two calls resignation by the minority party, a claim that the majority party was looking for "Barrel-Pork" and a debate on negotiation styles regarding the  the budget currently docketed in the senate. Senator Osiris Storm issued this statement

"The current state of the Senate is increasingly alarming. A chamber that was meant for debating policy and solution solving, has turned into a cesspool of over the top rhetoric and debating on which members of congress has the better negotiation styles.The divide is at the lowest point than I have ever seen it, but I still remain hopeful. So far with this session I was able to negotiate bipartisan solutions toward reforming minimum, reinstating lost financial aid to those convicted of drug crimes and a rural infrastructure investment bill that will bring jobs to millions of rural Americans. 

Where hope is lost, we must work order to find the light and build a better and stronger union every single day. As Senator that will be my mission within this session"

Edited by Storm

Senator Osiris Storm praises the Bipartisan Budget of 2017/2018

After a little more than a year of budget negotiations, the Senate and the house has finally agreed on a budget that is suitable for everyone on both sides of the aisle. After Senate and House Republicans firmly voiced their rejection of the original  Democratic proposal, leadership from both the Democrat and Republican sides immediately begun negotiations. After failed negotiations on the account of Republican neglect and irresponsbility, Senator Osiris Storm reached out to Senator Saunders on getting the ball rolling on the floor to strike a deal in public and get the budget passed. Senator Storm offered us these comments:

"I am extremely happy that we finally came to an agreement on the budget and got a clean budget passed.  I personally thank my friends Senator Savage,Senate Majority Leader Clayborne, Senator Saunders, and Senator Coburn for their leadership and ability to put the America before rhetoric. This budget is a progressive budget as we managed to increase spending for education,health and human services, homeland security and justice, while also approving  re-authorizations such as the terrorism risk insurance program, the violence against women authorization, the World Trade Center health program, the national flood insurance program.

This budget corrects many of the problems from the last budget while pushing various progressive measures at the same time".

Senator Osiris Storm is extremely happy about the budget and is currently awaiting the results of his Mandatory Minimum Reform bill currently being considered in the house. 

Related image

Senator Osiris Storm Champions the Mandatory Minimum Reform Act of 2017

After news of the congressional passing of the Bipartisan Budget Act of 2017/2018, New York Senator Osiris Storm makes another milestone as he becomes the champion of criminal justice reform with the passing of the Mandatory Minimum Reform Act of 2017.Since Senator Storm's inception as Senator of New York, he has been a vocal voice for criminal justice reform, through the various bills he has sponsored and with his book "Comatose".  Senator Storm offered this statement;

"With the passing of the Mandatory Minimum Reform Act of 2017, there is proof that there is a silver lining in the dark clouds we call the war on drugs and mass incarceration.As the current bll doesn't go as far as I would like it to go due to the congressional makeup of congress, I will take this bill as the first step to turning our criminal justice system around. With this bill i can proudly say that our young Americans will never have to worry about serving ridiculously long sentences for nonviolent crimes and will have their records expunged so that their prospects for jobs and to make living  for themselves will never be harmed by the mistakes they have made in the past and the mistakes our government has made on legislation.

As I stated before, I will continue to champion criminal justice reform bill and I await the the committee passing of my Fresh Start Educational Attainment bill to not longer allow non-violent crimes to be an obstacle towards a person's right to obtain an education".

Posted (edited)

Related image

#PassKelly

After months of political grandstanding and refusal to debate why the honorable Jane Kelly is not fit to serve on the Supreme Court Bench, The  Republican Senator Christopher Donnelly from Tennessee broke the Republican silence, by stating that he won't be supporting Mrs.Kelly because she is to liberal. Senate Republicans has made it publicly known now that the litmus test for confirming Supreme Court Justices is not based on their experience or even their record in upholding the principles of the constitution, but it is whether that Justice adhere to their political ideology and whether they are moderate or conservative enough. Senator Osiris Storm gave us these comments

" It is truly appalling that the Senate Republicans have turned the nomination of Justice Jane L. Kelly into a  litmus test based  political ideology. I stand by my move to push for the Nuclear Option, because the Senate Republicans have only shown that this is a witch hunt not based on merit but one based on political ideology.  To compare Justice Kelly to the late Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg is not only disrespectable to Justice Gineburgh's legacy but also  extremely sexist. 

I am one who has been known to work with Republicans with no problem but the situation at hand here is clear. Justice Kelly must be confirmed and there is no other option. Supreme Court Justice are not yes men or women to the President,Senate or House. They are the defenders of our constitution and America principles."

Edited by Storm

Posted (edited)

Related image

Senator Storm praises the efficiency of the Senate 

Washington,DC- New York Senator and President Pro Osiris Storm took the time today to praise the efficiency of the Senate . Over the last 2 congressional sessions the Senate has had trouble getting over the partisan gridlock which made it harder for legislation to get passed and delays the much needed services that citizens of America need. With the collaborative effort with the budget, the mandatory minimum reform, Veteran Health Accessibility act,  and cabinet confirmations, the Senate is running faster than it has in the previous 5 years. Senator Storm gave this comment"

"The Senate is truly living up to its name as the greatest deliberative body in the world. In this session we are a senate with no background agendas and with just one mission, to better the lives of the American people. From the collaborative effort on the budget, criminal justice reform, the confirmation of cabinet officials and more, this body has found their silver lining and are rising above the curse of partisan gridlock which has haunted this nation over the course of the last 5 years"

When asked about the various claims by Senate Republicans regarding hyper partisanship by the Democrats, Senator Storm stated:

"The claims of partisanship by Senate Republicans are fictitious claims by the Republican party to seem tough and appeal to their base. Fortunately we don't  live in a Republican fairy tale and exist within reality. To get anything passed in the Senate we much reach a cloture vote of 60, and with a 52-48 split that requires an ample amount of effort in bipartisanship from both sides to reach 60. So far in this session we passed a budget that increased spending in defense,human services and education while also reauthorizing the Perkins Loans, Violence Against Women Act, The Trade preferences Extension Act, the James Zadroga 9/11 Health and Compensation Act, with mandatory minimum reform and increasing access to healthcare for our veterans. 

In no way are all of this achievements doable in a partisan senate, and I won't even mention the speedy and efficient process of our committees. The wonderful thing about of all this, is that it is being done  under the leadership of Senate Democrats, and I am positive when 2018 comes, the American people will realize that and elect to maintain the stable and efficient Democrat leadership. I am proud  to be the President Pro Tempore of this congressional session.

A lot of these same Republicans complain about my performance as President Pro Tempore, but quite simply I am a no nonsense Senator who wants to get the job done, not collect a paycheck and say I got the job done, but actually get the job done and that is what we have seen so far"

Edited by Storm
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

9YvSwkg.png

Washington,DC- Today Senator Osiris Storm traveled back New York as he made a surprise announcement of the newest Volunteerism initiative that will be launched from his offices all over the state.  Senator Storm proudly name this initiative the STORMITE initiative which stands for Sensible, Trailblazing, Organizing,Revolutionary, Monumental,  Influencing, Transformational, Enlightening,Success.  Senator Storm proclaimed the the famous Each one, Teach one proverb was the inspiration behind the initiative as he believes in giving the future generation the platform to fight and influence the change they would like to see in the future.

Senator Storm gave us these comments

"I am proud of the STORMITE initiative. I believe that if we truly want to fight for a more progress, and stronger American future that we must engage the the future leaders of this nation and help them find their voice by giving them a platform for fight for a better and brighter future. I believe that through this initiative we will breed compassionate leaders who will solve both the national and global problems that affect us all"

As the STORMITE initiative opens, all of Senator Storm's offices in New York  are accepting applications for intake and training  now.

Edited by Storm
  • Like 1

Senator Storm Proclaims his support for the Fight for $15

Washington,DC- As the Fight for for $15 pursue across the nation, states like Hawaii, Massachusetts and Rhode Island have already begun tackling the issue of a $15 minimum wage on the state level. Currently with the $7.50 minimum wage, many New Yorkers and Americans across the country struggle stay afloat the poverty line. With rising prices in food,rent,and education , the cost of living is quickly outpacing the rise of wages.Currently, the Senate is considering the Raise the wage Act which will increase the minimum wage to $15 dollar over the course of 6 years. Senator Osiris Storm has openly supported the bill and has given us these comments:

"It is about time that we got serious about raising wages to a level where a single mother of 2 can proudly raise her family without worrying about living paycheck to paycheck. As the price of education, food, and living outpaces the growth of wages, we have a moral obligation as a elected body to protect and defend our workers. Any attempt to say that we shouldn't increase the minimum wage to levels between $10-$15 dollars is simply an attack on workers and laziness.

Any attempt to use a faux pas wage comparison in regards to mid west states and coastal states is simply rhetoric that ignores the issue at hand. We can increase minimum wage to levels where it doesn't negatively affect our more rural states, and that can be done through rural development, possible tax credits, and subsidies coupled with the minimum wage increase. This plan will ensure that we are investing into our rural communities, creating jobs, creating an environment for businesses to grow and creatign a wage that allows Americans to not have to worry about poverty. These are the bipartisan measure that must be taken to get us to a $15  minimum wage on the federal level".

Senator Osiris Storm "Now is the time to dig into the Criminal Justice System and reveal it's hidden Truths"

Washington, DC- Over the last few months our we have seen constant reports of human rights abuses within our nations Federal Prisons. From Beaumont Penitentiary, Ely State Prison and Aliceville FCI, the nation has been on constant alert regarding the latest developments of investigations and allegations. Senator Osiris Storm has been a vocal and staunch voice for understanding the problems which are occurring in our Prison systems and finally coming up with a way to rectify the situation. Senator Storm gave us this comment

"The constant reports of human rights abuse allegations in the Federal Prison system is alarming. We are a nation that is built upon Democracy and freedoms but yet it seems that too many times we allow injustices to our nations most vulnerable to prevail. As a Senator and citizen of this country, I cannot allow that. I remind myself every day that I am fighting to correct these injustices and to ensure that the promise of liberty and justice is not a privilege but is a constitutional right for all.

As the Senate Hearing regarding the Prison Abuses proceeds, I do not intend on making friends but instead using the full extent of our congressional powers to get to understand what is happening and finding the solution to fixing the problem within our criminal justice system. Now is the time to dig into the criminal justice system and reveal it's hidden truths, and I do not intend to shy away from them. 

As much as I would like to call for President LeCleaver's to take swift action on the issue I must lead by example and I intend to do that throughout these hearings and investigations".

• Like 1

Senator Osiris Storm's MediChoice Speech transcript 

-Immediate Release-

Washington,DC

Hello Cleveland!, it’s both an honor and pleasure to be here with you all and I thank both of my friends Senator Jackson and Vice President Nominee for being here today! almost 7 years ago the Democratic Party took hold of the helm of leadership and instituted the biggest healthcare reform in American history with the Affordable Care Act. Since that time over 20 million Americans have acquired healthcare and now have the resources needed to lead happy and healthy lives.

Despite the many positive changes that the Affordable Care Act has done for our nation, Republicans and Big Pharma will always say that we need to repeal the Affordable Care Act. They will say it is too expensive to insure every American, it harms business and it is a policy from the depths of socialist crevices. My friends, these attacks are not only flawed but the enrollment numbers show that more Americans are insured today than in any period in  American history.

We Believe that all Americans should be guaranteed an affordable and quality healthcare system that meets their everyday needs. With the Democrat-proposed  “MediChoice” Healthcare Reform, we believe in putting everyday Americans back in control of what matters most, You. With MediChoice, we will continue to build upon our promise of building a healthcare system that works for all Americans no matter who they are. With MediChoice we have expanded Medicaid from the 133% of lower income earners instituted by the Affordable Care Act to 175% of Lower Income earners. This means that more Americans will be eligible for Medicaid. Giving more Americans access to affordable health care than ever before.

We believe that a health care system that works for Everyday Americans, must provide choice, and must provide the lowest prices possible so that you could afford your medication at the lowest prices possible with MediChoice, we will amend Medicare part D, which will allow the Secretary of Health to openly negotiate with approved pharmaceutical manufacturers for your prescriptions. This will give you the best deal every single time and keep your money in your wallets.

Reform does not come without the realization of what is wrong with the current system. We acknowledge that small businesses are afraid of the mandates imposed by the Affordable Care Act, which is why with MediChoice we will repeal the two-year limit on the credit period to permit  small business employers to be eligible for the credit in any year, We will replace the formula for the phaseout of the credit based on the number of employees and average annual wages with a new phase-out formula based only on average annual wages, and permit certain employers that have no more than 50 employees to be eligible for the credit,

The biggest healthcare reform to this bill will be the ability of Medicaid and Medicare recipients to buy into both Medicaid and Medicare, This reform will ensure access to affordable marketplace coverage options and increase competition in the marketplaces and will ultimately lead to lower premiums.

With MediChoice we will continue to make good on our promise to ensure that every single American has affordable and quality healthcare. So my friends, my family and my fellow Americans, I ask you all to join us and we continue to build towards an America where no woman, man or child will be left behind and we will continue to rally against those Republicans who obstruct progress and only seek to support their big pharma donors. With MediChoice we believe in putting everyday Americans back in control of what matters most, You.

Senator Osiris Storm anticipates the Senate Passing of the "Fresh Start Educational Attainment Act"

Washington,DC- Senator Osiris Storm has continued on his agenda to reform the Criminal Justice System with his push to pass the "Fresh Start Educational Attainment Act" that was co-sponsored with Senator Zamora of New Mexico. The Fresh Start bill takes a big step in amending the Souder Amendment which made it impossible for Americans with drug offenses to get financial aid for high education. The Fresh Start ill is the compromised form of the "Education is a Right and Not a Privilege" bill that Senator Storm tried to get passed at the end of the last session. Senator Storm offered these comments:

" I must first thank my friend Senator Zamora for sitting down with me and creating this bill. Although I may be a Democrat and he may be a Republican, we both felt like a grave injustice was being done by preventing people from getting an education over one mistake. With this bill we will undo a dreadful mistake that was done over 23 years ago, we will change our stance on drugs by going after more of a rehabilitation and person building initiative, that provides our most vulnerable America with the resources to get an education, a job and finally feel like they are apart of our American society. The Fresh Start has undergone many changes since it's inception but its overall message has stayed the same. We are going to progressively transition towards an America where no woman, man or child will ever be left behind".

Senator Osiris Storm says the that he will vote in favor of SOS and AG nominees, bashes Senate Minority Leader John Saunders over Apparent Sexism

Washinton, DC- Over the last 3 days, the Senate has deliberated over the confirmation hearings of the cabinet nominees Henry Rex for Secretary of State and Hattie Butler for Attorney General. The nominations started off fairly slow as both Democrats and Republicans took their time to question both of the nominees, especially with the first 2 days only resulting in 2 question being asked respectfully. On the last day, ASFAJ Committee Republicans tried to extend the time of the hearings, claiming that not enough questions were asked of the nominees despite ASFAJ Republicans only asking one question during the first two days. The situation then soured as Senate Minority Leader John Saunders attacked the AG Nominee by calling her resume "undeveloped" and then continually berated the nominee with overly broad questions regarding her political stances,. Ms.Butler  by stating repeatedly asking for the Senate Minority Leader to clarify the intent of his question until he attacked her for having an attitude. Senator Storm gave these comments:

"I wholeheartedly support the confirmation for the SOS and AG nominees. I believe that they are both exceptionally qualified and have performed well despite the underperformance of Senate elected officials. Senate Minority Leader John Saunders has finally shown his true colors during these hearings as he portrayed a great deal of sexism and discontent toward Ms.Butler. After staying silent for literally 2 days on the committee his first words to a 15 year Justice Department Vet and someone who has clerked for a SCOTUS was that she was unqualified. He continued to berate her by asking broad and incomplete questions and finally decided to call her combative and told her that she had an attitude problem.

The Senate Minority Leader did he is best to try and stereotype Ms.Butler as an unqualified, mad black woman but she effectively stood her ground and continued to address the Senate Minority Leader with respect while also demanding that she be given the same respect to. The Senate Minority Leader disgraced our chambers today and was unbecoming of a Senator. If the Republican party choose to continue to follow the lead Senator John Saunders, then I can confidently say that the Republican party and I will not get along due to blatant sexism on their side of the aisle. This would have been the second time a woman has come up for a confirmation hearing and had difficulty getting the Republican party to respect her and her accomplishments".

Senator Osiris Storm praises MediChoice as the much needed HealthCare Reform for everyday Americans

Washinton,DC- A few days ago New York Senator Osiris Storm and other Democratic big names such as President Marc Baudin and Senate Majority Leader Jackson Clay, unveiled their newest health care reform MediChoice. The MediChoice healthcare reform as praised by its Democratic leadership will expand both Medicare/Medicaid to be covered up to 175% of the lowest income earners, amend Medicare Part D to allow pharmaceutical negotiations for prescription drugs and allow its recipients to buy into the program effectively turning Medicaid and Medicare into a public option, giving the American people more healthcare options  and putting them in control of their healthcare needs. Senator Osiris Storm gave these comments:

"As the sponsor of MediChoice, I am proud of what it was created to do and what it will do once it gets passed through Congress. The Affordable Care Act in its current state has already insured more than 20 million Americans, which is the highest number of Americans with access to affordable and quality health care in American history. With the MediChoice Reform Act we will provide fixes that will put American back in control of their health care by providing more options by increasing competition in the healthcare market exchanges, expanding Medicaid/Medicare to the lowest 175% percent of income earners and establishing a public buy-in option into Medicaid/Medicare  that will lower premiums on the Affordable care act, put everyday Americans in control of their health care needs and ensure that affordable and quality healthcare is an option for all Americans.

The Republican proposed HealthCare Reform Act of 2017 doesn't take the necessary reform needed to ensure that every American is afforded quality health care. The Healthcare Reform Act will revert the healthcare system back into the hands of big pharmacy and insurance companies, and allow them to overcharge for much-needed prescription drugs, life-saving operations, regular check-ups and institute a Healthcare Savings options that benefit richer Americans over poorer Americans.

The Republican proposal is not just bad policy, it is inhumane policy. Unlike the Affordable Care Act, the Republican health care proposal will eliminate provisions that will allow young Americans to stay on the parent's health care plans till the age of 26 and undo the expansion of Medicaid and Medicare that allowed millions of lower-income Americans to get healthcare.

The Affordable Care Act with the MediChoice reform will ensure the health care is a right for all Americans, and that the quality of your health care does not depend on the tax bracket you fall on. We believe that Americans are people deserving of the best, which is why we believe that your healthcare should be your choice. If Republicans truly believe America does not want a Medicare/Medicaid expansion or MediChoice then they should willing to allow a ballot vote in all 50 states".

Edited by Storm

Sign in to follow this