Sign in to follow this  
Old Ironsides

The Savage Tweet - @DutchSavage

@DutchSavage: I formally call on the SML to withdraw the budget from the floor and resubmit it without riders. #SitDown 

@DutchSavage: @Zemora4NM You know who else never clerked for the Supreme Court? Antonin Scalia. How many SC cases did he argue? One. No one questioned his qualifications. #PassKelly

@DutchSavage: @DonnellyTN You have not attacked an unqualified nominee. Kelly is qualified. You're just playing games. #PassKelly

@DutchSavage: Remember, the supposedly unqualified Jane Kelly was given the 'unanimously qualified' rating by the American Bar Association. #PassKelly

• Like 3

@DutchSavage: Restoring Access to Medication Act? It would be equally accurate if it was called the Puppies and Peace Act. 

@DutchSavage: I am proud of all my bills and compromises, but I think 21st Century Science Administration Act might be the most important thing I've done in the Senate so far. 

• Thanks 1

@DutchSavage: While I have no moral opposition to a committee of the whole, I believe that doing such a thing would distract us from critical Senate operations while we are trying to keep everyone on deck and focused on the hurricane situation. (1/3)

@DutchSavage: The committees have handled every nomination in the history of this country since their creation, and they can continue to do so. There is nothing to be gained by this accept having every US Senator line up to grand stand and keep us from focusing on important work. (2/3)

@DutchSavage: I encourage everyone, in the spirit of accomplishing the most critical task before this body and preserving our long-standing traditions, that we do business as usual on the nominations and stay focused on the hurricanes. (3/3) 

• Like 1

@DutchSavage: Since this is becoming a larger issue, I would like to state two things. The first is that I consider myself pro-choice. The second is that I do not consider someone holding pro-life views to be an immediate disqualification for federal office. If Senator Baudin performs well in committee and shows that he is qualified to lead this country in a time of emergency, I will have no qualms about voting in his favor. 

• Like 1

@DutchSavage: With former President Obama's statement and the ordeal back on everyone's mind, I reiterate the call for ASFAJ to hold a hearing on potential abuses in the prison system immediately. 

Posted (edited)

@DutchSavage: If the #ProgressForward report is accurate, there needs to be a complete and total investigation of the BoP by both the legislative and the executive, and those that would engage in such behavior brought to justice. This kind of behavior can not and will not stand in the United States of America. #AndJusticeForAll

Edited by Old Ironsides

Sign in to follow this