Sign in to follow this  
Clay

Fundraisers of Jackson Clay

Target: Financial Sector, Banking Industry, Investment Companies

Type of Fundraiser: Gala

Hello! I'm so happy to be here! Thank you so much for having me. I'd like to talk to you tonight about your industry. It's no secret that you have had some problems in the last few years, and it's also no secret that some members of my party have been pretty aggressive in their methods for fixing those problems. But I'm here tonight to talk to you about how we can work together, to protect the American economy, and protect the bottom line of the businesses that you own and invest in. There is a middle path to these problems. The solution can't be the one you want, to change little and trust that nothing like this will ever happen again, everyone in this room knows that. But by helping me, by donating tonight, you can help me make sure that the solutions of the far left aren't enacted either. I truly believe, as I imagine you do as well, that too much restriction will damage the economy much more than it will help protect it. 

I believe there are some restrictions that would make sense for us. I believe that we should keep the leverage ratio at a comfortable level, where we are not restricting growth, but also where we are not risking the integrity of our economy. You're all smart people, and I believe that you know that this is something that will end up benefiting all of us. Even though it may not allow you the incredible profits that you had before the crash, it will protect all of us from the depths of a recession. I also believe that taxing financial transactions is an absolutely terrible idea. Some on the more liberal end of my party have this notion that taxing financial transactions will stop speculation on Wall Street and provide tax revenue to fund our government. Now, I'm all for increasing tax receipts and getting closer to a balanced budget, but I think you and I can both agree that this is a terrible idea. I don't believe that you are speculating when you make trades, but rather looking to find the appropriate value of a stock or bond. It would be dangerous to increase the cost of doing business, adding an even greater risk to every exchange of funds. This could destroy your industry, and I am determined to protect you, and the U.S. economy, from that risk.

I'd like for you to leave here tonight with an understanding of what the future will hold if extremist forces can implement the policies that they intend. I'm offering a middle path, a chance for the two opposing forces in this argument to come to an understanding that is mutually agreeable. Everyone here understands that there is necessary and unnecessary regulation on the table for this industry. I'm proposing to make a compromise on this. I believe that we can find a middle ground on a leverage limit, of 15 to 1, and avoid a tax on financial transactions. If you believe that these are reasonable and important goals, then I hope you will support me tonight with a donation. Whether you decide to donate tonight or not, I do hope that you have had a wonderful time, and I thank you for the opportunity to speak with you this evening. Good Night!

Fundraiser #1: $875,000

Good target, with a ton of money who is happy to give to either party. Middling on specifics, but nothing they didn't want to hear. Good messaging. 

To:  Midwesterners, Commuters, Construction Workers

Subj: Rural Infrastructure Investment

[Insert Name]-

Hi, I'm Jackson Clay, Senator from Indiana, and I'm writing you this email today because my bill, the Rural America Revitalization Act is working its way through Congress, and it needs your support to get through. I've driven all across this country, and one of the things I've noticed is that our roads and bridges are in terrible shape. We need to fix them, or we are in danger.

In this country, more than 3 billion dollars a year are spent fixing cars due to damage from poor road conditions. This is disgraceful! There is now a cottage industry dedicated to fixing the ignorance of the government in maintaining its roads. The worst kept infrastructure is in the rural communities, that are used by relatively fewer people, but is arguably more important to those few people than the better-kept roads are to others. Having a safe road to travel in rural areas is incredibly important for many Americans. With my bill, these roads could be kept in the conditions that they should be.

There are even greater benefits to this bill than the public safety and transportation factors. This bill would create construction jobs, and so many other tangential benefits from this. We can invest billions into rural economies with this bill, and help millions of Americans. With donations from you, I can help shepherd this bill through Congress, and create an infrastructure program that can help you, and plenty of people all across the country. 

Thank you,

Signature

Please Choose Which Amount You would like to Contribute

5$ [ ]

10$ [ ]

20$ [ ]

50$ [ ]

100$ [ ]

1,000$  [ ]

2,700$ [ ]

Or Other [ ]

$950,000

Received a penalty because you don't actually specify whether this is a mailer or e-mail which largely take the same format. That said, not a bad fundraiser, you are specific about the policy you advocate, the target is solid, you could have gone further and more in-depth (pro tip: only the actual text counts towards word limits) but it served its purpose.

FR: Email

To:  Liberals, Moderate Democrats

Subj: The Fight Begins!

[Insert Name]-

The Fight has Begun! My campaign for the Presidency has just started, and the campaign for economic fairness is picking up steam! 

With your help, and donations, we can make real progress. We're going to make college affordable, improve on Obamacare and make sure the Criminal Justice system protects us all. We're going to end the lax tax policies that have allowed millionaires and billionaires to reach new heights of wealth while millions struggle to get by. We're going to expand the Earned Income Tax Credit, using it to provide more opportunity for the less fortunate among us. We're going to put new technology in the schools, allowing your children to train from a young age on the devices that will define their future. We're going to raise the minimum wage to 8 dollars and 50 cents an hour, and index it to inflation, so that we're never forced to argue over it again.

If any of the other candidates, or "potential" candidates in this election are elected, all of these issues will be forgotten and left unsolved. I, and I alone can make sure that these very important problems get the appropriate attention and action. No other candidate wants to make any progress on these issues, and it is just shameful. With your donations, I can make this election about fighting for these policies that you and I hold dear!

Thank You for Your Support,

Jackson Clay

5$ [ ]

10$ [ ]

20$ [ ]

50$ [ ]

100$ [ ]

1,000$  [ ]

2,700$ [ ]

Or Other [ ]

$875,000

The email gets the point across but is vague in terms of specifics. It jumbles economic fairness with a section dedicated to saying that only you can fix the problems in the country in general. The targets are too broad for the specifics you are trying to reach.

To:  Liberals, Moderate Democrats, Abortion Activists, Women's Right Advocates

Subj: Securing your rights through the Supreme Court

[Insert Name]-

As you've probably noticed, we have two Supreme Court nominees that are working their way through the Senate now. These nominees, Jane Kelly and Sri Sririvasan, are dedicated to protecting women's rights, and a woman's right to choose. I've promised that I would never support a nominee that would infringe on these rights, and I would have opposed these nominations if they had. 

The reason I'm writing you today is because they are under attack by the far-right. The Republicans want to have strict originalists on the Court, who will take away or restrict women's rights, and make it all the more difficult for us to keep expanding the rights that women deserve. I've fought for these nominees, and pushed them through my committee, because I think they are qualified, talented judges who will protect your right to choose and your right to make the same amount of money as a man does. I will keep fighting, even if the Republicans filibuster because I fully believe that a qualified judge who will defend the rights of women and the LGBT community deserves to sit on the court, and right now, we have the chance to put not one, but two. It is only with your support, and donations, that I can continue my fight to protect your rights. I want to keep protecting the rights of women and the LGBT community, by using the power of my committee to forward nominees who will protect those rights, but first I have to win Re-election. If you donate to me now, we can make sure I defend these rights for another 6 years in the United States Senate!

Jackson Clay

5$ [ ]

10$ [ ]

20$ [ ]

50$ [ ]

100$ [ ]

1,000$  [ ]

2,700$ [ ]

Or Other [ ]

To:  Environmentalists, Global Warming Opponents

Subj: Protecting Our Future

[Insert Name]-

We all know that Climate Change is a big issue. The polar ice caps are melting, sea levels are rising, and yet no one in Congress seems to be concerned.

I am. 

I'm emailing you today because I want to let you know that there is someone out there in the Senate who is concerned about the future of our planet, and I want to do something about it. I support Cap and Trade, and will push for it, to bring in new taxes that will help pay for all of the programs that we want, and get even closer to closing the deficit, all while improving the environment here on Earth. This is a win-win policy, but I need support from you, the people who care about this issue, in order to get a cap and trade bill on the President's desk. With your donations, you can express your support, and give me a chance to win my race in this upcoming election. If I win re-election while promoting Cap and Trade, there will be an even better chance of finally getting commonsense legislation to establish that system signed into law. All it takes is a couple of dollars, and we can make this world cleaner, and give it a chance to survive this global warming crisis. 

Jackson Clay

5$ [ ]

10$ [ ]

20$ [ ]

50$ [ ]

100$ [ ]

1,000$  [ ]

2,700$ [ ]

Or Other [ ]

Fundraiser #1 2017: $1,100,000 

Fundraiser #2 2017: $950,000 (SIG Appeal Liberal Groups) 

Fundraiser #3 2017: $1,400,000 (SIG Appeal Wall Street) 

To:  Liberals, Moderate Democrats,

Subj: Keeping the Balance of the Senate

[Insert Name]-

I'm in the fight of my life.

I'm running against a conservative Republican who is intent on dismantling everything that the Democratic party has been involved with. They want to take away health care from millions of people, cut taxes for the rich, and take away the freedom to choose to have an abortion. They don't care whether it is the right policy decision, or who it may hurt, they care only about checking off a box on the conservative checklist. That's what makes my race so important. If I were to lose, it could tip the balance of the Senate to the GOP, and make sure that for 2 years they stifle every attempt Democrats make to positively affect this country.

The worst part is, there are so many things we want to do for this country that we couldn't do with a GOP Senate. We want to pass Medichoice, which would give millions healthcare access and lower the costs of health care for everyone. We want to lower taxes on the middle class, and raise the minimum wage. We want to protect everyone on Social Security, and Medicare and Medicaid, and I need your help to defend these dreams and ideals. I need your donations to help me protect all of the things that we as a party have stood for, and if you can donate, you can make the difference in this election. 

Jackson Clay

5$ [ ]

10$ [ ]

20$ [ ]

50$ [ ]

100$ [ ]

1,000$  [ ]

2,700$ [ ]

Or Other [ ]

Sign in to follow this