Sign in to follow this  
Michael

Oval Office Address

Good Evening,

Two days ago, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev was captured marking the end of the manhunt for the Boston Bombers. This heinous attack shook our nation to its core, but in this hour of darkness extraordinary sympathy bound our nation together. We now know that the Tsarnaev brothers were lone wolves radicalized online, and we have no evidence that they were contacted by Islamic terrorist groups. We also know that local, state, and federal law enforcement came together and succeeded in bringing these terrorists to justice. Federal forces were quickly and effectively deployed to the Boston region, and we were able to use those resources to get Dzhokhar Tsarnaev in custody. He will be tried and he will be held responsible for his act of terror.

I would like to thank the emergency first responders in the Greater Boston area for their excellent response at the scene of this tragedy. They moved quickly and swiftly to make sure that the people of Boston would be safe from further attacks, and we, as a nation, cannot thank them enough for their bravery. In light of the recent tragedy, nothing has been made clearer to me than the truth that these terrorists will never win. In the face of unspeakable tragedy, America does not succumb to fear, we do not turn, brother against brother, but we unite, hand in hand, and come back stronger than ever.

Acts of cowardice like these will never break the spirit of the American people. This country has stood at crossroads many times before, in the face of what seemed to be unsolvable challenges, and we grit our teeth to solve these problems. We have done this by sticking together and uniting to solve our problems, and this one will be no different. We will win this war, and the American people will overcome

Thank you all and God Bless the United States of America.   

My fellow Americans,

Today I took the oath of office and was sworn in as the next president of the United States, this duty is astounding and a privilege and I will not let you, the American people down. I would like to take the time to thank President Stevenson for his service to the nation; I owe a lot to this man who made it possible for the first African-American to take the seat of vice president in this land. I wish him a healthy recovery as the whole nation prays for his recovery. My heart goes out to creating a bond between our fellow Americans, caring for them, sharing One Nation as One People. A Government, in the optics of me and my father, was an institution that existed to help people, making their lives better for them. I remain committed to that vision.

Nevertheless I am not one to make political speeches because they sound good, no I like to speech directly to you the American people on the issues of great importance that now face the nation.Our nation faces various challenges and I do believe that we can overcome them; the American spirit is something that is resolute in times of challenge and change, the world looks to us for stability and the protector of freedom and democracy. We will remain so and this is evident as not in the best terms we see the peaceful transition of powerful that we are well known for. I take this time to reflect on what we can accomplish for the next three years, I believe there is much to be done but I believe we must see it through lest we forget what is at stake.

As the second African-American and first Jewish-American to enter the office as president, I am more than humbled by the office and the duties that have been assigned to me. The office of president is a sacred one, I spent 15 years in our nation’s military respecting the commands of our commander in chief and now I see myself, I am the commander in chief. This is an office I have always respected as a child and as a proud American and it is my wish that I only bring grace and dignity to our beloved presidency.

So my fellow citizens I leave you with this quote from Psalms 133, “Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity.” Let us bring unity toegther as fellow brethren and let us dwell in harmony as  Americans, in the land of the free.

Thank you and God bless America

My fellow Americans,

Today, on behalf of the American people, I took the oath of office to serve as the President of the United States. I would like to thank President Kline for his dedication to public service, and his life's work of dedication to our country. He served for 15 years in the Armed Forces, and afterwards, he continued to dedicate himself to public service. He represented Philadelphia in Harrisburg, he represented Philadelphia in Washington, he took on the role of Vice President, and, when duty called in the worst of circumstances, he took on the role of President of the United States. And then, at this critical juncture, he made a courageous decision as well. I, and the American people, thank President Kline for his service to our country, and send our prayers towards him in these tough times.

America is a great country. We are a country founded on the principles embodied in our nation's founding documents- including the immortal statement from the Declaration of Independence. I read from that great document tonight. "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness." This stands at the heart of what it means to be American, and I reaffirm it as essential to the idea of America. These very ideals have formed the foundation of my approach to helping the American people, from the state house to the White House.

While I am humbled by this task that has been laid out in front of me, I rise and accept it with all of my strength. It is a testament to the American people and the system that we have built that we are able to have this peaceful transition of power- something that is by no means guaranteed in many parts of the world. It speaks to the eternal character of the American people, which forms the foundation of the strength of the system we have built. It speaks to all people, Republican, Independent, or Democrat, that our values matter more than anything else at this moment in time.

As the American people expect, we must go on. I will shoulder this burden and look to take our country in a new direction, where all Americans prosper. I thank you all, and may God Bless America.

• Like 3

My fellow Americans, 

I would like to thank you for taking the time to turn into the Oval Office, to tune into the address. I will try to keep it brief. 

The regime of Bashar Al-Assad is a regime that has lost the support of its people, its neighbors, and the international community in general. Bashar Al-Assad has committed almost every human rights violation in the book- he has tortured his opponents, waged war on his enemies, divided his country on strict ethnic and religious lines, and refuses to listen to the ultimate and sovereign authority of the people of Syria. He has turned the country, with a beautiful history in the Levant, into a hell hole. He has chased millions of Syrians out of their homeland, and is not fit to continue ruling over Syria. His power hunger makes him put the interests of himself over the conditions of his people- he must step down, and hand power back to the people of Syria. 

When you see the conditions that the Syrian people have endured, when you see how they continue to stand against him, even when the ultimate sacrifice is demanded- death- you see a people aspiring to be free. A people who want to take control of their own destiny, who want to take control of their government, who believe in freedom. The United States has stood, and we have stood with the Syrian people. We stand with those who support democracy in Syria, we stand with those who oppose dictatorship and a totalitarian government. That is why, today, we are ordering a round of limited airstrikes, to begin almost immediately, against the government of Bashar Al-Assad. 

The United States has long been involved in the fight in Syria against ISIS, and similar groups. However, we cannot win that fight without addressing the real cause- the instability caused by Bashar Al-Assad remaining in power. He must be shown the door. That said, we are not going to recklessly run into Syria without a plan. We will hit targets that will weaken the government of Al-Assad, and we will follow our constitutional bounds- under the powers given to the President via the War Powers Resolution, this campaign will not extend past sixty days. And, of course, you will not see American boots on the ground. However, with this help, we will hope that this will aid the Syrian rebels, and that those who support democracy can take advantage and a restore a government of, by, and for the people of Syria within that nation. 

Thank you all for your time, and have a great night. 

• Like 1

h7Omuu9.jpg?1

My fellow Americans. Just a few hours ago, I took the Oath of Office which was administered to me by Chief Justice Roberts per the 25th Amendment of the United States Constitution. This is not a job I expected, nor is it one that I sought, but I am willing and ready to step up to the plate. I accepted the position of Vice President with full knowledge of my position in the line of succession. Rest assured, I am ready to serve you the people, and to protect the Constitution which we hold dear.

The Office of the Presidency is considered to be one of most powerful positions in the world, but with that power, comes a great deal of responsibility. You and I are contracted to each other through a social contract. A contract where as long as I am in this position, my duties, and my responsibilities, are to you, the people, and to our future posterity. It is my job, as your President, to enforce the laws passed by our representatives in Congress, and to ensure fairness and equity for all. In this country, in Our America, equity has to be the striving principle, what we seek as we progress forward.

In Our America, we are all born equal under the eyes of God, yet unfortunately, in the eyes of society, we are not. It is, therefore, the responsibility of those who govern to ensure that a state of equity among people is reached. There shall be no special treatment on the basis of ones possessions or birth, but the opportunities afforded to some must be offered to others. Those born in the inner city of New York, Chicago, Washington D.C. Those born in the rural farmlands in upstate New York, and the Midwest. For these youth, equity is key. Being offered the same opportunities is important. What will set them apart, is what they do with those opportunities.

We have often prided ourselves on being a land of opportunity, but we have strayed from being a land of opportunity for all to a land of opportunity for some. This will be so, no longer. What is necessary is a strong and robust public-school system, that gives all of Americas youth, a quality education based on logic, yet harnesses creativity and imagines future innovation. A system where, by the time they graduate High School, our kids are fluent in a second language other than English.

A healthcare system where we build upon that foundation of past efforts, to create a structure that can house everyone, that accounts for their safety. That allows them options but ensures that at the end of the day, everyone is safe and secure, with what they need. Many of us hear stories about single mothers in Africa who have to make so many sacrifices just to get medicine for her children. What many of us dont recognize is that the struggle for affordable healthcare exists not only in Africa but in our own country. This Administration will ensure that only changes made to the Affordable Care Act, are ones which strengthen the Affordable Care Act.

A corrections system, where our prisoners are treated with dignity. No one deserves to be mistreated by another human being, and that includes those who are currently in prison. We are a nation of facts, and laws, not cruelty. Those in positions of responsibility can only extend as far as the law allows them to, and that includes those responsible for our prisons. In order to correct our prison system, we need to ensure we treat everyone with a degree of dignity.

Abroad, our influence cannot waver, even as we fight against tyranny across the world. In Syria, we must show strength, but also prudence, in our engagements. We are the greatest country in the world, but it is not only our military capacity that makes us great, it is the restraint we show, our willingness to talk and resolve conflicts without bloodshed. We must always insist, that our pursuit of justice and decency is one that spills the least blood. Take pride in those that defend us and our Constitution yet let us not forget those that have sacrificed themselves so that we do not have to.

Here we are, at the end of 2017. Together, let us turn a page in our history. Let the past stand on the shoulders of the present, as we look towards the future. God bless you. Goodnight, America.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this