Sign in to follow this  
Vandy

Owner Announcements

I am sad to announce that I've asked @TexAgRepublican to step aside. I think he did a good job taking over for Reed and I think he put together a solid AB. 

I have hired @Sweet Daddy as the new CA. He's been on the AB for ages, has served as DCA, has loads of experience, and I think we can all agree he had earned his shot at leading the game forward.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

This won't be official but it's become clear the community no longer believes in my leadership as owner. As such I have decided to step down as Owner.

The official transfer shall happen next week but I believe @Sweet Daddy, @Clay, and @MrAnderson will be taking over as owners with Sweet Daddy as the public host.

Howdy folks!

Just wanted to let you know that as we transition Cyril’s ownership to the collective model, a few technical issues popped up and we need to resolve them. The main issue is the chat, since Cyril has special powers as creator that can not be passed on. 

Therefore, introducing the new VGS Main chat, available at this link: https://t.me/joinchat/B9zcm1DwgSyS9cLmdsPO6g

• Like 1

I would like to express that I am very sad to see Fitzgerald go, but I understand his decision. I have discussed this with Clay and Anderson, and they share this opinion. We wish him the absolute best in whatever he decides to do next. 

That said, there is now a need for a Chief Administrator. If anyone would like to be considered for the spot, please do not hesitate to submit an application to one of the three owners. Submitting it to one will guarantee that all will discuss it, so no need to double submit. 

Thanks again to Fitz.

Now that we have had some time to process the last 24 hours, the owners would like to issue a joint statement about the game and how we move it forward. 

1. There is a strong opinion among the players that things were handled rashly yesterday and that there was not enough discussion between the owner at that time and Kyle Fitzgerald. This is a sentiment that we share. We do believe that there should have been more interaction with Kyle, and for the lack of that we do genuinely apologize to him as the new owners of the game. He did deserve better than that. 

2. Related, this is what we see as the strength of the new ownership model. We know that it has been a source of controversy, but we do believe that there is one particular strength to it: because we have agreed that all decisions must be made unanimously, there is little chance that something like this would ever happen again to any future CA. It is also not our style of ownership. We do intend to take a hand’s off approach and allow any CA to hire their own staff, set their own rules, and handle IC affairs as they see fit. Our only concerns with any CA are to make sure that the liability that we have acquired by taking over the site is protected. Otherwise, we will be removed from in-game affairs unless a CA specifically asks for our input. I believe each of the owners intends to enjoy our retirements from playing and adminning. 

3. We also understand that a number of you will have issues with some of the owners, particularly all of them. We do promise that we will not, in any fashion, use the position of Owner to pursue any petty disputes. Our intent is to create the stability at the top VGS has enjoyed under Cyril. 

4. Thank you for taking the time to read this, hopefully we can all move forward with a mutual understanding that we all want a community that functions and that we will do our best to provide that.

Huffines has made the decision to depart as administrator. I would like to extend the thanks of the ownership to him for the good work he has done for the game and wish him well. 

I have begun transferring ownership of the site (as well as the domain name) over to @Sweet Daddy and the other new owners. I have no idea what their plans for the site are or the future of the game but I trust that whether it's VGS in it's current form or VGS in a new form, the site is in good hands.

• Like 1

The forum has been transferred over to @Sweet Daddy. This will be my last post on this (likely dead) forum but:

sayonara.