Sign in to follow this  
Vandy

Administrative Announcements

I want begin by thanking everyone for the positive messages of encouragement sent my way that compelled me to consider the position of Chief Administrator. I want to personally thank both @Cyril and @MrAnderson for their faith in me to carry VGS forward. I remain of the firm belief that Anderson's AB set this game on the right path and helped the current reset survive as long as it has. I think we can all agree that the 2016 elections went from potentially not even happening to a resounding success and the credit for making that happen goes to Anderson and his AB.

After consulting with Anderson and a few other individuals, we have come to the decision that VGS will be resetting. This is a decision made with careful consideration and an understanding of the need for a fresh start. I want to thank everyone who participated in the current reset who played their part in making it such a success. It's time for us as a community to move forward and I believe a reset will make that possible.

Over the next few days, the AB will be working on archiving the current reset and establishing a new time table for when players can expect the new reset to begin. We will be reviewing our current game mechanics while also entertaining the development of new ones if the player base deems it something of particular interest. I have my own ideas for game mechanics that will aim to enhance the IG world for the player base that I hope to roll out in the coming days but I want to encourage all members of our community to give suggestions on ways we can improve. 

VGS isn't just a game but a community. We've got a wide array of folks from across the political spectrum that have come together to engage in spirited debate with one another and work with one another to create a realistic simulation of our own world. I remember back when I joined the 4th reset of Virtual America and I'm happy to say I've been around ever since. I've grown both as a player, as I bet people like @Conrad and @Baudin can attest to, and I'd argue I've grown as a person in both my own beliefs and knowledge of politics. VGS is a community worth fighting for and I am ready to keep this game moving forward. I'm looking forward to being a CA you all can be proud of and I hope to live up to the precedent that people like Anderson have left for me.

• Like 7

I want to thank @Avner and @Ollie for their efforts in making our AB as successful as it was this past reset. I will miss their role as members of the AB but I wish them well.

I am pleased to announce that @Baudin and @Wilder will be joining my new AB team. @Fisher has also indicated to me his intention to remain on the AB and I have accepted his decision.

AB applications remain open and I encourage those interested to direct a PM to both Cyril and myself. 

• Like 4

So folks it seems pretty clear the direction the player base wants this new reset to go and I am pleased to announce that we will be resetting to 1987.

This will be a significant undertaking by the AB but an effort I am excited to take on. I ask that the player base work with the AB throughout the planning process as I want to make the game as efficient as possible just as I also do not want to rush the planning process. By the end of the day we will have an official timetable for the start of the new reset.

What I can tell you all is that this upcoming reset will be House-Based due to the ability to represent more ideological diversity and actual diversity. The House composition of the RL 100th Session of Congress will be manipulated by the AB to give each party a more equal footing in the lower chamber.

In the meantime, players are encouraged to give their suggestions for the new reset here

Bios can be posted on Saturday and masking will be done. Folks are encouraged to elect their leadership if possible prior to the start of the Reset.

The official VGS Reset 2 will begin next Tuesday. 9/17/18

• Like 2

IT HAS RETURNED! Dark Secrets will make a comeback in VGS Reset 2! In the age of Gary Hart, the Keating Five, and Iran-Contra, it would be a disservice to not allow this option for players. Dark Secrets is completely optional for all players. Benefits of Dark Secrets include influence in the IVS and a bump in cash to a player's bank account. As we all know, dark secrets may not stay secret forever and thus you risk exposure and fallout if your dark secret is uncovered. Keep your eye out for inquisitive Miami Herald investigative reporters and the occasional flash of a camera from the National Enquirer!

The Biography Guidelines have also been updated. I encourage everyone to take a gander at the changes that have been made before considering making your new character. You will notice a new component called "Faction" underneath your political party. The new faction system will be expanded on over the next few days but it will significantly contribute to the new IVS influence system we will be rolling out shortly.

• Like 6

FACTIONS for VGS Reset 2 have been outlined for players. Factions will play an essential role in how Congress and the game as a whole operates. Every player will put which faction they wish to associate with in their biography. Players are only allowed to be in ONE faction. 

People may begin submitting their bios for approval at 12:00 PM EST on Saturday!

I want to clarify an issue I've been receiving from folks regarding senate elections. The Senate will be AB SIMULATED. The problems we observed in the first round of VGS regarding a player-run House and Senate in terms of inactivity and breakdown in realism (I.e. having a freshman Senator be SML and a revolving door of people getting signed out and replaced). 

Players WILL be able to run in senate elections however. These will not be conducted in the traditional sense but will tie directly into the faction system within the House, the share of vote each faction can expand upon in the general election, and the IVS of individual members who participate. This system will be rolled out within the next few days to show players what the system will look like. Do NOT create your bio based on running for the senate in your state as you will more than likely find yourself out of luck as the particular states chosen for the '88 general election will be strategic in nature.

Bios can be posted! Remember that the game will start on Tuesday 9/17/2018.

Correction: Reset begins on the 18th which is Tuesday. Messed up the date when I posted before. I apologize for any confusion.

• Like 2

I am going to make an executive decision and move the starting date of VGS Reset 2 to Wednesday 9/19/2018. It's clear that neither party has their leadership in order yet and I want to give both parties maximum amount of time to get those squared away so we can hit the ground running by Wednesday. 

VGS Reset 2 has officially begun!

Players are free to begin work in the House and posting in their press offices. Be sure to have a voting record and bank account. Have links to your material in your bio.

• Like 3

Folks, I've got some updates for everyone:

The AB will be ruling on the nepotism issue by tomorrow along with the publishing of the updated IVS. 

An official OOC calendar for 1987 will be released by Wednesday so players can be made aware of the timing of the round. 

The offer for applications to join the AB remains open and I'd encourage interested individuals to send a PM to me.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The AB has released a temporary IVS that can be found here. We will be assimilating the faction system into the IVS by the end of the week. For now the current IVS will help get the House Rules vote tallied and other preliminary votes within the Congress.

I want to address the issue with the Nepotism hearings and the rationale of the AB in response to the process. The hearings were pursued essentially like a witch hunt, which was realistically neither called for nor appropriate. The AB is doing it's best to simulate realism and the conduct of the hearing was... not realistic. I apologize that we did not address this sooner.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Sign in to follow this