Sign in to follow this  
Vandy

Administrative Announcements

The Senate Roster has been updated to reflect the most recent elections, and Class 3 seats have been unlocked. 

Be sure to read the article for the IG story regarding the shakeup in House Leadership. The deadline for appeals will be July 9th so be sure to send a PM to both Anderson and I for your efforts to count. Remember that you are not beholden to the candidates listed in the article as your only options and can send an appeal for whomever you wish to see take the top job within the respective caucuses. Good luck!

2 hours ago, MrAnderson said:

The Congressional Hopper is now open for the 115th Congress! 

A reminder to everyone that your voting record for the 115th should have a new comment within the same thread. DO NOT simply edit your record for the 114th Congress. 

The composition of the new House of Representatives can be found here.

• Like 1

Based on CR2, the new budget deadline is Monday, July 9th at 11:59pm 

So I will be LOA for a work trip to Michigan until Saturday, July 14th. I leave you all with @Ben in charge. 

• Sad 1

A reminder that the House Leadership race is due Tomorrow at Midnight EST.

I am happy to say that after a few different postponements due to a confluence of unexpected real life things and the hectic election schedule, Approval Ratings will resume their usual "every other Monday" posting schedule starting tomorrow afternoon! They will include every single active character, though some who haven't given enough info for a grading will have the default starting numbers, and have incorporated everything since the last set came out. 

• Like 1

Just a small note: feel free to continue asking questions in the SCOTUS hearings. After what has been a pretty exhausting day with a million different things happening at once on VGS not even counting our real lives, I'm giving Avner the night off and I myself am going to shift focus to working on some of my other AB projects that have been neglected. Answers will resume bright and early tomorrow (afternoon-ish)!

• Like 2

On 7/7/2018 at 7:38 PM, MrAnderson said:

So I will be LOA for a work trip to Michigan until Saturday, July 14th. I leave you all with @Ben in charge. 

I am back, and playing catch-up for the next day or two. 

• Like 1

The next round of approval ratings should be coming on Monday, please try to make sure that if you need to update your voting records or have any big PRs or announcements to post, you do so by Sunday evening (5-6PM EST) to make sure they get counted!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

The AB feels that sometimes, VGS and really the whole genre of political RPG simulations in general sometimes neglect the very vital aspect of our political system that is public relations and old-fashioned self-promotion. Likewise, we have felt that while we have a strong fundraising system with quarterly background fundraising automatic for active Senators along with allowances to hold multiple FRs each year and participate in specific SIG-oriented fundraising bonuses, we don't provide enough incentives to use let alone earn this money if you aren't seeking re-election soon, seeking higher office in the immediate future, or simply want more meaningful events in which to participate in during the off-years. 

So, we are officially announcing two policy changes at once:

The first is that character activities will actually start to cost something, with the cost sheet linked at the bottom of this announcement. While we fully recognize that some of these costs will seem high compared to RL, there's a good reason: you each get basically free money every quarter with background fundraising and some of you may never have to face re-election unless the game goes into 2022 which we hope will happen but might not, and some simply will choose not to run for re-election when they are up anyway. Its a way of giving every person a reason to raise money and to use that money regardless of circumstance.

The second is that, obviously, the impact of your public activities will have a higher impact than ever before. If you want to connect to voters more and appeal to local sensibilities outside of national politics to improve your ARs, here's your chance. If you wrote a book as a fundraiser, and want to ensure people read it beyond your core voters (say, in Des Moines or Manchester for instance), here's your chance. If a political party wants to organize a regional or even national multi-speaker rally tour promoting a piece of legislation or agenda, well you get the drift.

If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hestitate to ask.

• Like 4

For player media, to buy stories requires you to have a bank account to keep track of your earnings and expenses. Failure to keep these records updated( which is public info by AB decision) will most likely result in a scandal of some kind!

• Like 1

Sorry I forgot to mention, but because of my prep for going out of town/housesitting taking longer than usual, obviously I had to postpone the ARs planned for yesterday. Expect them to be posted sometime tonight, with a bonus of covering anything that is posted after the deadline up until I start grading for (most of) y'all being patient with my RL schedule.

The AB would like to thank @Ben for his dedication and service to the game. Last night, he tendered his resignation to the AB, which I accepted. 

In other news, the AB would like to welcome @Fisher! As of right now, we're still working out his exact responsibilities. Over the next day or two, I will be putting out new responsibilities for the AB as we're going to shuffle responsibilities some. We're looking forward to having new blood and new ideas brought on board! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hey everyone! I will be finishing ARs tonight and tomorrow morning at the latest. So update your voting records, hit your press offices, and pay off your mistresses. 

• Like 1

An Update was made to the Polling Request rules, regarding Media outlet pricing. I decided to lower the prices significantly for media players only, given the differences in cash. 

• Like 1

I made Media and Independents two separate groups, if our independents can't see or post in an area of the boards please message me!

• Like 3

I'd like to thank DMH for his service to the administrative board, as he offered his resignation today. He's been an invaluable component of the AB during his tenure, and I wish him the best in his next steps as a polsimmer. 

• Sad 3

In accordance with the policies and precedents in VGS R1, the GOP may choose up to four Cabinet nominees per Presidential term to challenge outside of the initial blast (VP is automatically challenged). 

So following Wilder's announcement of three new cabinet members, @Conrad and the GOP have roughly 36 hours to inform me which (if any) of the three new nominees they are challenging. 

On 7/31/2018 at 8:25 PM, MrAnderson said:

In accordance with the policies and precedents in VGS R1, the GOP may choose up to four Cabinet nominees per Presidential term to challenge outside of the initial blast (VP is automatically challenged). 

So following Wilder's announcement of three new cabinet members, @Conrad and the GOP have roughly 36 hours to inform me which (if any) of the three new nominees they are challenging. 

Conrad has informed me that they will contest both the AG and State nominees, as well as automatically challenging the VP.... The GOP has 2 remaining challenges in the remaining component of the current Presidential term. 

ARs will be graded on Wednesday. Be sure to update your press offices, voting records, and get busy!

I will be LOA for the next 24-36 hours. Avner is in charge. 

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this