Baudin

Game Mechanics

Guest Storm
22 minutes ago, John White said:

I am not sure if this is the right place, however, do AP’s reset for the General Election. So tomorrow will we have 40 AP’s after this round?

AP will reset for the general and background fundraising will be provided.

2 hours ago, John White said:

When? Tomorrow?

AP resets for the GENERAL ELECTION ROUNDS  which were announced as beginning December 7th.

I am a little confused on the new Senate rules.

Each bill will have 48 hours for debate. Each bill may have up to 2 failed cloture motions in 48 hours; after that, cloture can only be invoked once per 48 hours. 

How long is a cloture vote under this standard?

Edited by Brink

9 hours ago, Brink said:

I am a little confused on the new Senate rules.

How long is a cloture vote under this standard?

Cloture will be simulated by the Administrative Board, so it would be just a quick vote. E.g, I would just say 61 Aye, 39 Nay, etc.

• Like 1

For the fundraising rules for individuals, do the rules state that you can fundraise 3 times per year plus have one SIG appeal, or does it mean that you can only do three fundraisers that include SIG appeals?

On 1/11/2019 at 9:18 PM, Hatfield said:

For the fundraising rules for individuals, do the rules state that you can fundraise 3 times per year plus have one SIG appeal, or does it mean that you can only do three fundraisers that include SIG appeals?

Only three a year and that's ONLY SIG appeals.

So for the next reset we're moving to ahistorical seats. I know Ironsides has said that people will face IG consequences for being "out of touch" with their seat/state lean, but what happens if AB coverage falls behind and people get a by-ball for say... being in a liberal state and voting against minimum wage hikes.

On a further point, what happens if these people (in alternate seats) cause a party to lose a vote on an initiative they would have otherwise passed if people were signed into party-aligned seats?

So, you have two points here that need to be taken in consideration: 

1. The first is that I am confident in where we are as an Administration right now and I do not see us falling behind to that extent. The people in charge of that particular component are ones that I have a particularly large amount of faith in. 

That said, things do happen. If we fall behind in approval ratings we will update them to make sure that they take the full period missed into account. No one is getting a free pass - that said, if we miss something and don’t make it up, feel free to handle it in press offices and on the trail because then we will be sure to catch it. 

2. Well, that’s where a character has to be particularly careful. Let’s say you take the Doug Jones seat in Alabama during a minimum wage hike. You have two options: vote for the hike and shore up your base or vote against it and try to build a broader appeal across party lines. If you go too hard in one direction, your approvals are going to take a hit. This is something that each individual player and the party apparatus at large has to take into account when they play. To paraphrase a famous line, with great freedom comes great difficulty. 

Are we going to stick with only SIG Appeals for fundraising? I personally liked the mailers and galas that we could do from previous rounds, but just asking. 

1 hour ago, FrankP said:

Are we going to stick with only SIG Appeals for fundraising? I personally liked the mailers and galas that we could do from previous rounds, but just asking. 

Yes.

4 hours ago, Evan said:

Are Dark Secrets going to make a return, or is that retired again?

Retired.

• Thanks 1

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.